Rock Band: Official Thread, 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Rock Band: Official Thread, 3

Yaah.

Previous Thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=517761

Recap: My guitar doesn't work, my downstrum is broke, my guitar is fine, mines works too -- oh wait now it's broken, EA sent me a replacement, I still haven't gotten a replacement from EA, EA put a $125 hold on my CC , no EA hold here - free game offer!, Damn broke the pedal, there are reinforcements available on eBay and other places - pads too!, oh well I've been using my 360 guitars anyhow, I wish I could the GH3 ones don't work on the PS3 yet Harmonix needs to make a patch, Harmonix made a patch!, Activision won't let Sony release the Harmonix patch that allows GH3 guitars to work on RB, FUCK ACTIVISION!, You know theres a rumor going around about a potential xbox360 patch to block usage of the GH guitars?, I call shenanigans, RB is too easy, RB is just right, GH3 is better, GH is dead to me, RB has easier notes GH3 is more accurate, WORLD BAND TOUR FTW!, WBT can blow me, Hope they hurry up with WBT online addition, download songs already? they should have been in the game, rip off, way to go EA, this is so much better than GH3s DLC though you have to admit, well if the songs were done they should be included in the game I mean shit $170!, I heart Rock Band x 150, GH is better, I can't finish this, I beat drums on easy/medium/hard!, drums on expert is kicking my ass.

Systems: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 2 (Game: Available Now, Complete Kit: Due December 19th, 2007)

Availability: A shipment of Rock Band went out last weekend and most stores were carrying them as of Wednesday, December 12th. Amazon.com had them on sale up through Wednesday, December 12th -- As of 1:20 PM on Thursday, December 13th, they are out of stock. Check your local retailers, Costco and Sams Club have them for about $10 - $20 below MSRP.

US Sales:
Xbox 360 (Combined - As of 8th December 2007) about 162,000 (Week 1: 85.3k, Week 2: 37.7k, Week 3: 38.9k)
Playstation 3 (Combined - As of 8th December 2007) about 81,100 (Week 1: 37.8k, Week 2: 22.3k, Week 3: 21.3k)
Playstation 2 (N/A)

Last edited by RichC2; 12-13-07 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-13-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have compiled a list of the varying difficulties for each song on

each instrument, as well as youtube links to all songs on Expert

guitar.
This information is gathered from the tracks that I own, with the

gaps being filled in from other various sources. If anyone has

any of the missing information, PM me and I'll get it thrown in

here.

I have put them into spoiler sections per L&O's request, as well

as to keep this first page uncluttered.

The format for the difficulties is:
Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals/Band

However, if there are only three numbers listed, that means I do

not own that DLC or haven't found the info listed anywhere else,

therefore, the format is:
Guitar/Drums/Vocals

Currently Available DLC:
Spoiler:

Week of 11/20/07

Metallica Pack 01:
...And Justice

for All
: 9/9/8

/6/7
Blackened

: 9/9/

/7/9
Ride the

Lightning
: 9/9/8/5/7

The Police Pack 01:
Can't Stand

Losing You
: 2/2/4/7/3
Roxanne

: 1/1/1/6/2

Synchronicity II
: 3/3/4/7/4

Queens of the Stone Age:
3's & 7's

: 4/4/5/3/4
Little Sister

: 5/5/7/4/5
Sick Sick

Sick
: 5/5/7/4/5

Individual Tracks:
Creedence

Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son*
: 3/3/

2/4/3
Foreigner -

Jukebox Hero*
: 3/4/5/5/4
T-Rex -

Bang a Gong (Get It On)*
: 4/4/5/3/5
The Knack -

My Sharona*
: 8/4/3/2/4
The

Runaways - Cherry Bomb*

4/2/3
Wolfmother -

Joker & The Thief
: 8/8/

4/7/6

Week of 11/27/07

David Bowie Pack:
Heroes*

: 3/3/3/7/4
Moonage

Daydream
Queen

Bitch*

Week of 12/04/07

Black Sabbath Pack:
N.I.B.*

: 4/4/

/5/4
Sweet

Leaf*
: 5/5/5/7/5
War Pigs*

: 4/5/

/7/4

Week of 12/11/07

Punk Pack 01:

The

Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love*

4/6/3
The Clash -

I Fought the Law
: 2/2/4/4/3
The

Ramones - Rockaway Beach
: 2/2/

/2/2

Week of 12/18/07

The

Pretenders - Brass in Pocket*
: 2/1/

1/2/1
Radiohead -

My Iron Lung:
3/2/2/4/2
Weezer -

Buddy Holly
: 2/2/2/2/2

Week of 12/25/07

30 Seconds

to Mars - Attack
: 2/1/4/6/3
30 Seconds to

Mars - The Kill
: 2/1/4/6/3
The All-

American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret

3/7/3
The All-

American Rejects - Move Along

/6/5
The Sounds -

Song With a Mission*

/5/3

Week of 1/1/2008

The

Black Crowes - Hard to Handle*
: 5/3/

3/5/4
Lynard

Skynard - Gimme Three Steps
: 7/3/

1/2/4
Rush -

Limelight*
: 4/3/5/4/4

Week of 1/8/2008

Iron

Maiden - Number of the Beast*
: 9/9/

/6/6
The Hives - Die, All Right!

: 4/4/6/7/4

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

/2/3

Feb. OXM (newstands 1/15)

Freezepop -

Sprode
: 3/3/4/4/3
Bang

Camaro - Rock Rebellion
: 9/9/5/3/6
Count Zero

- Shake
: 3/3/3/6/4

Week of 1/15/2008

Blink-182 - All the Small Things
: 2/3/

2/4/3
The

Monkees - Last Train to Clarksville*
: 6/3/

3/8/4
Sweet

- Action*
: 7/7/4/4/4

Announced DLC:
Spoiler:

Week of 1/22/2008

Oasis Pack

Don't Look Back in Anger
Live Forever
Wonderwall

Week of 1/29/2008

Prog Pack

Smashing Pumpkins - Siva
Rush - Working Man*
Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)*

If there's anything I can do to clean this up or make it overall a

better resource, please let me know.

Last edited by Shagrath; 01-17-08 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Reserved for DLC announcements and videos.

I'll work on this thread tonight after work and be able to put up links to all the DLC songs from youtube.
Cool - can you stick them in spoiler tags to help cut back on the clutter?
Old 12-13-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Should this thread be #3 and not 2.1?

Anyway...a quote from the last thread:

Originally Posted by draven
I couldn't care less if I'm "playing sloppy". I just want to hit the notes and make it through the song. And it's easier to do that (at least when it comes to HOPOs) in Guitar Hero.

But the overall difficulty is more manageable in Rock Band. I managed to beat the Hard campaign by myself, whereas I have hit a point in the GH campaign that I can't get past no matter how hard I practice. I just can't play it.
I am the exact opposite. I hate, HATE, playing sloppy just to get past a song. I feel like I have to at least 4 star everything and if I wasn't happy with my performance, I go back and do it again. Sloppy playing just sound so crappy...I personally can't stand it. Guess that is why I will never be able to play Expert for the rest of my life.

On a different note, my three year old wanted to play drums the other day while I was playing guitar or singing. He kept failing out of course and he was too far gone to save him every time. I tired to get both of us on practice mode so he wouldn't fail out and both of use could play but every time I went to practice mode, it would only let one instrument play.

Was I looking at it wrong or can only one instrument practice at a time? I couldn't find where we could practice together.
Old 12-13-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Cool - can you stick them in spoiler tags to help cut back on the clutter?
I hadn't planned on embedding them, but just providing straight links. If you'd still like me to spoilerize things, I'm okay with that. Just let me know.
Old 12-13-07, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Yaah.

Recap: My guitar doesn't work, my downstrum is broke, my guitar is fine, mines works too -- oh wait now it's broken, EA sent me a replacement, I still haven't gotten a replacement from EA, EA put a $125 hold on my CC , no EA hold here - free game offer!, Damn broke the pedal, there are reinforcements available on eBay and other places - pads too!, oh well I've been using my 360 guitars anyhow, I wish I could the GH3 ones don't work on the PS3 yet Harmonix needs to make a patch, Harmonix made a patch!, Activision won't let Sony release the Harmonix patch that allows GH3 guitars to work on RB, FUCK ACTIVISION!, You know theres a rumor going around about a potential xbox360 patch to block usage of the GH guitars?, I call shenanigans, RB is too easy, RB is just right, GH3 is better, GH is dead to me, RB has easier notes GH3 is more accurate, WORLD BAND TOUR FTW!, WBT can blow me, Hope they hurry up with WBT online addition, download songs already? they should have been in the game, rip off, way to go EA, this is so much better than GH3s DLC though you have to admit, well if the songs were done they should be included in the game I mean shit $170!, I heart Rock Band x 150, GH is better, I can't finish this, I beat drums on easy/medium/hard!, drums on expert is kicking my ass.
And the award for best recap of the year goes to . . .
Old 12-13-07, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by metalhead212
And the award for best recap of the year goes to . . .
Seriously, that is priceless, and true!
Old 12-13-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I hadn't planned on embedding them, but just providing straight links. If you'd still like me to spoilerize things, I'm okay with that. Just let me know.
That works too. I assumed you'd embed.
Old 12-13-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Was I looking at it wrong or can only one instrument practice at a time? I couldn't find where we could practice together.
I think only one instrument can practice at a time. That is kinda dumb, afterall this is Rock BAND.
Old 12-13-07, 01:45 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish there was just a freestyle drum mode...so I could just pound away to my own beat. It'd be an easier way of relieving some stress from the day than having to play a certain song.
Old 12-13-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Yaah.

Recap: My guitar doesn't work, my downstrum is broke, my guitar is fine, mines works too -- oh wait now it's broken, EA sent me a replacement, I still haven't gotten a replacement from EA, EA put a $125 hold on my CC , no EA hold here - free game offer!, Damn broke the pedal, there are reinforcements available on eBay and other places - pads too!, oh well I've been using my 360 guitars anyhow, I wish I could the GH3 ones don't work on the PS3 yet Harmonix needs to make a patch, Harmonix made a patch!, Activision won't let Sony release the Harmonix patch that allows GH3 guitars to work on RB, FUCK ACTIVISION!, You know theres a rumor going around about a potential xbox360 patch to block usage of the GH guitars? It's Michael Bay's fault?, I call shenanigans, RB is too easy, RB is just right, GH3 is better, GH is dead to me, RB has easier notes GH3 is more accurate, WORLD BAND TOUR FTW!, WBT can blow me, Hope they hurry up with WBT online addition, download songs already? they should have been in the game, rip off, way to go EA, this is so much better than GH3s DLC though you have to admit, well if the songs were done they should be included in the game I mean shit $170!, I heart Rock Band x 150, GH is better, I can't finish this, I beat drums on easy/medium/hard!, drums on expert is kicking my ass.
just one little thing that would have put it over the top.
Old 12-13-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Got my guitar yesterday. I put in the request on Saturday night. Pretty quick turn around. I was unable to get the top part off of the old guitar so I just let it stick out of the top of the box. The new guitar seems to work better but I think I still like the les paul better.
Old 12-13-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Got my guitar yesterday. I put in the request on Saturday night. Pretty quick turn around. I was unable to get the top part off of the old guitar so I just let it stick out of the top of the box. The new guitar seems to work better but I think I still like the les paul better.
I wasn't sure what to do about it, so I called EA/Rock Band support and the CSR told me to unscrew the back of the top of the guitar so I could get it off. I was afraid that if I left it on and it broke during transit, I'd get blamed.
Old 12-13-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The box I got was large enough to fit the whole guitar in with the top part still assembled. It even had a cardboard and foam cutout inside to place the guitar in.
Old 12-13-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by eatntae
I wasn't sure what to do about it, so I called EA/Rock Band support and the CSR told me to unscrew the back of the top of the guitar so I could get it off. I was afraid that if I left it on and it broke during transit, I'd get blamed.
When they sent me the replacement guitar it included a note about packaging up the old one and it said that the one you ship back will be sticking out of the inner box and that is fine.
Old 12-13-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My replacement guitar is finally shipping this time. After 2 1/2 weeks, and it not showing up, they put in another request for me. I checked UPS today, and this time it shipped to me. They said I don't have to ship back the broken one. I'm thinking I'll take it apart and see if I can fix the strum problem myself. If I get it working, it's a free guitar for me. If not, it works fine if you want to upstrum only on a bass part.
Old 12-13-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Can we call it "3" or "Part 3" --- these version numbers are a pain-in-the ass later on.

Also, just have this for a link to songs in the game. It will be updated much quicker than anyone here could manage. Plus, it saves you time.
Old 12-13-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Don't forget that you can sing the note an octave higher or lower. As long as the note is correct, the octave doesn't matter. In other words, you can actually sing higher than the top of the meter and you'll "loop" back to the bottom of the meter (and vice versa).
Yeah, I straddle octaves I guess. (Don't know if that's a legit term). In my "normal" singing voice I can hit the top half of the notes, but I can't seem to go lower. I actually need to go "higher" to hit the bottom half. It's weird.
Old 12-13-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
just one little thing that would have put it over the top.
I knew I forgot something

Originally Posted by The Bus
Can we call it "3" or "Part 3" --- these version numbers are a pain-in-the ass later on.

Also, just have this for a link to songs in the game. It will be updated much quicker than anyone here could manage. Plus, it saves you time.
Yeah, what dumbass doesn't comply with numbering standards. 2.1? It isn't software version controls, OP, you tardass.

Last edited by RichC2; 12-13-07 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-13-07, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, what dumbass doesn't comply with numbering standards. 2.1? It isn't software version controls, OP, you tardass.
Quoted for truth.
Old 12-13-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by eatntae

I did not find any instructions in my packet. I need to go drop the package off at the UPS store.
Old 12-13-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, my guitar replacement story gets better. The original request I put in 2 1/2 weeks ago, and was supposedly cancelled, just showed up at my house today. They put in a new RMA order for me the other day. That order is showing it will be delivered tomorrow. When they made this second RMA, they said I didn't have to worry about sending the broken one back, and they weren't putting the hold on my credit card. I don't see the hold on my credit card from the first RMA anymore, but I think I'll probably send the broken one back anyway. I mean, what am I going to do with 3 guitar controllers? At least it looks like I got a free one out of the deal. Hopefully both of these work better.
Old 12-13-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Crack her open and see if you can fix it.
Old 12-13-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the title fix
Old 12-13-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the title fix
Anytime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.