Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

UPDATED List of Shows Ended or Still Airing New Episodes

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPDATED List of Shows Ended or Still Airing New Episodes

I don't think we have a thread about this, at least not an updated one, and I was trying to get straight which shows are now "done" and which shows still are airing new episodes.

I thought it might be a good idea to compile a list and keep it updated.
Please add your thoughts and I will merge them into one master list here.

Shows that are Done until after the strike (No more new episodes):

Big Bang Theory
Bionic Woman
Desperate Housewives* (last episode being held until new eps resume)
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother
The Office
Private Practice
Pushing Daisies
Rules of Engagement
Shark

Shows still airing new episodes:

30 Rock
Aliens in America
Back to You
Bones (February)
Boston Legal
Brothers & Sisters
Carpoolers
Cavemen
Chuck
Criminal Minds (1 more)
CSI (last one airs 1/10/08)
CSI:Miami
CSI:NY
Dirty Sexy Money
ER
Everybody Hates Chris
Friday Night Lights
Gossip Girl
Grey’s Anatomy (last one airs 1/3/08)
House (January)
Journeyman (will finish out the season)
K-Ville (last one airs 12/17)
Las Vegas
Law & Order: SVU
Life (January?)
Life is Wild
Men in Trees
My Name is Earl (1)
Notes from the Underbelly
Numbers
October Road
Prison Break (January)
Reaper
Scrubs
Samantha Who?
Smallville
Supernatural
Ugly Betty
The Unit
Without a Trace

The Amazing Race (will finish out the season)
Biggest Loser (will finish out the season)
Next Great American Band (will finish out the season)
Project Runway (will finish out the season)
Survivor (will finish out the season)

Nip/Tuck (will finish out the season)

New seasons starting in the new year:

Cashmere Mafia
Eli Stone
Greek
Jericho
Lipstick Jungle
Lost
Medium
Monk
New Adventures of Old Christine
One Tree Hill
Psych
The Shield
The Tudors
The Wire

Last edited by Jadzia; 12-17-07 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 10:29 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide....trike_scripted

This is a good chart. I don't like that it goes off of 'scheduled' episodes as opposed to 'already aired', but it's the most complete list I've seen so far.
Old 12-13-07, 10:30 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Pushing Daisies is done.
Old 12-13-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Shark and Private Practice is done as well.

Kate Walsh was a guest on The View last week and said last Wednesday's episode was the final one in the can.

CSI is done after tonight.

Bones will return with new episodes in February.
Old 12-13-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday Night Lights has 5 or 6 more.

Looks like at this rate the only show I'll be watching in the springtime is One Tree Hill.
Old 12-13-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Forgot to mention that House returns January 29 with their X-Mas episode..

Nip/Tuck is scheduled for 22 episodes this season and will be broken into 2 parts. 14 and 8. The 1st 14 are scheduled to air, but the final 8 haven't been written yet.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-13-07 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

30 Rock is done as of tonight.

Everybody Hates Chris is going to have a full 22-episode season (not really sure how or why, but I'll take it) and Aliens in America has at least 7 more episodes.
Old 12-13-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought I heard at the end of the last LIFE episode that it's returning in January w/ new episodes???
Old 12-13-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

CSI: Miami and CSI:NY are still airing new episodes as well. I believe CSI:NY will have 14 in the can and they just completed filming episode 14 about 2 weeks ago.

Criminal Minds has at least 1 more episode before they are done.
Old 12-13-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I thought I heard at the end of the last LIFE episode that it's returning in January w/ new episodes???
That chart on futoncritic says that 11 of the 13 originally ordered episodes were completed. However, I heard they were going to finish all 13...
Old 12-13-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After the Dec. 27th episode ("My Bad Too") of Scrubs airs, 7 episodes have been broadcasted. 12 episodes have been produced, so NBC has five episode left to air. They'll run dry of new episodes in the second or third week of February 2008.
from wiki
Season 7 and the WGA Writers Strike
On November 5, 2007 the Writers Guild of America went on strike. This strike made it impossible for WGA members, including Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence, to write for television or film. As of November 5th, only eleven of Scrubs' eighteen episode seventh season had been completely written. Lawrence refused to cross any WGA picket lines to serve any of his duties for the show, so -WGA membersABC Studios had non finish episode twelve, which prior to the strike Lawrence was pressured by ABC Studios to retool as a series finalé, which he refused to do. Since the production of episode twelve, the production of Scrubs has been on an indefinite hiatus along with nearly every television program written by Writers Guild of America members. This hiatus has hampered the possibility of a legitimate series finale episode.

Due to the possibility of no final episode of Scrubs being produced Bill Lawrence has assured The Scrubs Fan base that he will use all his leverage to end the show properly. He has suggested various solutions including a straight-to-DVD release of the final episode and asking NBC to extend Scrubs into the 2008-2009 television season effectively creating an 8th season.

On November 19, 2007, NBC announced that The Office and Scrubs (the 9:00PM hour) will be replaced by Celebrity Apprentice on January 3, 2008. In spite of this, Scrubs will be relocated to the either the 8:00PM or 8:30PM timeslot.
Las Vegas will run the whole 2007-2008 season, as production for all 22 episodes is finished.
Old 12-13-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Updated the list. Keep em coming!

I'll move CSI and 30 Rock up to the "finished" list after the eps air tonight.

So far the strike has not affected much, but I will definitely notice this soon as more and more shows end.
Old 12-13-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Monk and Psych are unaffected, new episodes beginning Janaury 11
Old 12-13-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Updated the list. Keep em coming!

I'll move CSI and 30 Rock up to the "finished" list after the eps air tonight.

So far the strike has not affected much, but I will definitely notice this soon as more and more shows end.
You missed my mention of Aliens in America. It has at least 7 more episodes.
Old 12-13-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Also check this list, updated daily:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Long/800026937

It even gives a daily count of "episodes left"
Old 12-13-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

According to TV Guide Las Vegas will have 19 of 22 episodes completed. So, it's almost a full season.
Old 12-13-07, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

The Wire and The Tudors have also both completed production of their seasons and will air uniterrupted.

K-Ville has 1 more episode left that will air 12/17.

Also add Stargate: Atlantis which will complete it's entire season (20 episodes).

Last edited by DJariya; 12-13-07 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-13-07, 05:37 PM
Banned

Survivor has a new episode tonight and wraps up on Sunday (16th). Monk had a Christmas episode last week and starts a new season in January (11th).
Old 12-13-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
After the Dec. 27th episode ("My Bad Too") of Scrubs airs, 7 episodes have been broadcasted. 12 episodes have been produced, so NBC has five episode left to air. They'll run dry of new episodes in the second or third week of February 2008.
Good to see they're not going to screw Scrubs over by making an illegitamite series finale.

Hopefully they'll find a way to get all remaining episodes produced so we can see them all... eventually.
Old 12-13-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Rules of Engagement is done until the end of the strike
Old 12-13-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
man the 07/08 TV season has just been a giant pile of crap.
Old 12-14-07, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Good to see they're not going to screw Scrubs over by making an illegitamite series finale.

Hopefully they'll find a way to get all remaining episodes produced so we can see them all... eventually.
from wiki
He has suggested various solutions including a straight-to-DVD release of the final episode and asking NBC to extend Scrubs into the 2008-2009 television season effectively creating an 8th season.
I think they'll end up going the Direct-to-DVD route for the series finale. The seventh season would be a 13 episode season, so a 2-disc set, most likely. The DTV episode will most likely make it into the syndication package, however. I don't see NBC renewing for the 2008-2009 season. NBC wasn't even sure if they wanted this season (7th) on its lineup. NBC really has its mind on turning The Office into a 1 hour show/creating a spin-off.

ABC said that if NBC didn't pick up Scrubs for its seventh season, they'd pick it up. Maybe ABC will do that for the 8th season.

Originally Posted by DJariya
According to TV Guide Las Vegas will have 19 of 22 episodes completed. So, it's almost a full season.
Oh, I thought they completed filming for the fifth season. My bad, sorry bout' that. I think I heard something about all 22 episode been written already, I'm probably wrong though. The only reason Las Vegas is having a 5th season is so it can qualify for syndication.
Old 12-14-07, 09:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
man the 07/08 TV season has just been a giant pile of crap.
Time to reach into the 6mos+ Tivo Backlog
2007 Closers, Burn Notice, Damages and The Riches...
Old 12-14-07, 09:53 AM

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Posted: Thurs., Dec. 13, 2007, 5:55pm

WGA strike snuffs scripted TV
Film shoots spike in strike
By DAVE MCNARY

The writers strike has officially killed scripted TV production in Los Angeles.
All but five of the 52 skeins in active production before the walkout began last month have now gone dark, and all but one of those shows will wrap next week, according to permitting agency Film LA.

Local feature production, however, is booming, with a 45% gain over the same period last year since the strike began on Nov. 5, according to Film LA.

The agency said Thursday that all 17 half-hour primetime sitcoms are already out of production.

Of the 35 one-hour shows, CBS' "CSI: Miami" was expected to close down Thursday, while ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Boston Legal" will probably go dark after today. ABC's midseason entry "Eli Stone" will wrap next week; another one of the net's midseason dramas, "October Road," will shoot until mid-January.

Film LA estimated Thursday that every TV drama episode scheduled but not produced means a loss of $2.75 million in direct production spending -- based on an average of 300 people directly employed in production.

Los Angeles-based TV production has soared in recent years, thanks partly to the boom in reality and the growth of cable. The past five quarters have all seen well over 5,000 permit days of off-lot production, with a record 6,478 days in the first quarter of this year.

In the past week, Film LA has coordinated 91% fewer TV drama permits than last year. And it has not coordinated a sitcom permit since late November.

But Hollywood's not bereft of production activity since off-lot production of feature films and reality TV are both going strong. On Thursday, Film LA reported that four permits were taken out -- all for reality shows.

"What's really surprising is how much TV activity we would have had before the strike and how little there is now," said agency chief Steve MacDonald.

The exec said the pace of reality production hasn't bumped up since the strike but added that an increase may manifest itself in coming weeks.

As for features, MacDonald noted, activity has been driven by this year's ramped-up pace of greenlighting in anticipation of a possible actors strike in July. "We saw a similar spike in the first half of 2001 because of fears of a SAG strike," he noted.

Off-lot feature filming jumped 45% and 38% in the first two quarters of 2001, respectively, then slid 58% and 41% in the first two quarters of 2002.
Chris
Old 12-14-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Time to reach into the 6mos+ Tivo Backlog
2007 Closers, Burn Notice, Damages and The Riches...
Ditto

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.