Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kitchen Nightmares---"The Secret Garden"---Season Finale--12/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Kitchen Nightmares---"The Secret Garden"---Season Finale--12/12/07

Did anyone here catch the season finale last night?

The owner of The Secret Garden was a total jackass and Ramsay should have walked out on helping him and he seemed pretty close to doing so.

I just cannot believe how arrogant and lazy Michel was. Kept saying that his fucking restaurant was voted "The Best in Ventura County" and his food looked like shit and his kitchen was a fucking toxic waste land. Also, he said initially that he was over 320K in the hole, but he kept saying to Ramsay that his place isn't doing that bad...

When Ramsay puked at the disgusting fumes in the kitchen.

I hope next season they dump the FOX narrator and Gordon narrates the episode instead, which probably won't happen.

Also, why can't Gordon talk to the camera when he expresses his frustrations instead of speaking to the producer or cameraman to his side (or whoever that person is)
Old 12-13-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
that guy Michel was crazy.

ok, seriously, does FOX think we're all a bunch of idiots? well, i guess they do. The editing last night was ridiculous.

The biggest offender was the screaming match between Ramsay and Michel. This was supposedly happening during dinner service after the restaurant had the new menu and decor. Except it's daylight outside, clearly seen through the windows. Then it cuts to gordon storming off, wearing a completely different shirt, and walking through the restaurant with all of the old decor! then he goes outside, and it's night-time! geez!
Old 12-13-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think his shows are scripted.
Old 12-13-07, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
I think his shows are scripted.
They better be non-WGA members.

Good finale. I know this show is horribly edited, but its FOX! What'd you expect?!

I mean...
from wiki
The first season has ended. Casting for the second season is now underway.
Fu*k, that chef was an arrogant son of a b*tch. I alway love the "over-the-top" drama on Kitchen Nightmares. That fight between Ramsay and Michel was classic.

Does anyone know the date for the season 2 premiere? Just wondering if it might start earlier because of the WGA strike.
Old 12-13-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure, I don't like the editing, nor do I like the shitty restaurants getting all this free stuff, but it still is entertaining. I think it would be more entertaining if they improved on these points.
Old 12-13-07, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Michel is a total fuck. I don't care if he turned around or not. I was sincerely hoping his restaurant would fail, and I still do.
Old 12-13-07, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241

Does anyone know the date for the season 2 premiere? Just wondering if it might start earlier because of the WGA strike.
BBC's Kitchen Nightmares begins filming the new season soon from what I've seen, then I would expect it's back to LA for Hell's Kitchen, then the next season of the US Nightmares; so I wouldn't expect it until next fall, unless they do a 2 hour block of Ramsay with HK/KN which would be awesome.
Old 12-13-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The new season of Hell's Kitchen is already in the can...premieres in April. If Gordon is back in the UK working on the original version, I assume he won't return to do Kitchen Nightmares 2 until early next year.
Old 12-13-07, 06:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Anyone notice they didn't have an update for the restaurant like they always do?

Either Michel went back to his old ways or he was so pissed off from the whole experience.
Old 12-14-07, 12:04 PM

Yeah the whole time I kept thinking what a pompous douchebag Michel was. Did anyone hear his comment about how Gordon wasn't a good cook? I hoped someone would punch him in the face.
Old 12-14-07, 01:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Anyone notice they didn't have an update for the restaurant like they always do?

Either Michel went back to his old ways or he was so pissed off from the whole experience.
I think they have been scaling back on these Updates, thats a part of the show they need to beef up
Old 12-14-07, 01:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Here's a review from the local paper on The Secret Garden..

http://www.venturacountystar.com/new...kitchen-confi/
Old 12-14-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ugh. Terrible episode. One of the worst of the season by far. It annoys me that Ramsay doesn't wait for people to push his buttons anymore, he starts right off insulting people in the worst ways possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm a callous asshole like he is, plus I love seeing him ride people into the ground with his quick qit, but sometimes he unleashes too soon and it cheapens the effect. Michel was an ass, but Ramsay should have waited for him to instigate a confronation before going on the offense. I hope they really improve upon the voiceover, editing and restaurant choices next season.
Old 12-14-07, 03:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I think they have been scaling back on these Updates, thats a part of the show they need to beef up

Actually according to the newspaper article that was linked 2 posts above,

it turns out that Michel went back to his old menu. They didn't want to show that on the show, I guess.
Old 12-14-07, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Here's a review from the local paper on The Secret Garden..

http://www.venturacountystar.com/new...kitchen-confi/
The comments below the story are much more telling. Thanks for this link.
Old 12-15-07, 10:00 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
wait, people get married there?!?! what?!
Old 12-17-07, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Actually according to the newspaper article that was linked 2 posts above,

it turns out that Michel went back to his old menu. They didn't want to show that on the show, I guess.
i heard from a friend in LA that the crazy brick oven pizza restaurant with the 20 flavor combinations menu has stuck to the original menu.