Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: China - 12/13/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will not be in the Final 4?
Amanda
0%
Courtney
0%
Denise
0%
PG
78.57%
Todd
21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode 12

Title:

Spoiler:
Hello, I"m Still A Person!

Description:

Spoiler:

Some of the castaways enjoy a feast on the Great Wall of China. At tribal council, the 12th player is voted out of the game. Jeff Probst is the host.

Old 12-13-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the jury will vote for Todd unless he's up against Courtney. I see Amanda or Denise winning and I would love to see Denise win. Very glad annoying PG is gone.
Old 12-13-07, 08:04 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!!!

Spoiler:
... I was ing at PG's closing comments.
Old 12-13-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fantastic. So glad to see PG kicked off! She should have something good to say during the final jury questions I would think.

I'm ok with anyone but Amanda winning at this point.
Old 12-13-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was glad the crack got immunity, rooting for the crack for the win, baby!
Old 12-13-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
I know she has her detractors, and to be honest she's probably earned them, but I'm glad Courtney has stuck around. She cracks me up. Tribal council just wouldn't be the same w/o her.

I have no real justifiable reason to want her to win, but it's hard not to root for her snarkiness.
Old 12-13-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I was glad the crack got immunity, rooting for the crack for the win, baby!
Damn you, Janet Jackson! Damn you!
Old 12-13-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Amanda = biggest bullshitter/best strategist.

She goes around saying Todd is a two face and he is but shes so much worse. She's tried to make moves behind her alliances back many times. Todd made the Todd/Courtney/Amanda alliance and drew in guys like JR and James as pawns. His plan has worked perfectly thus far. Meanwhile, Amanda is the one thats been trying to make moves against him. Sure Todd the guy is kind of a bitch but he's been playing the game well and he is the only reason Amanda is getting to the final 3.

But you gotta love how Amanda "bonded" with PG. She goes and tells her that she wants to vote Todd out and that Todd is a backstabber and PG guzzles the Kool Aid. Then Amanda votes for PG and now Amanda has a definite jurty vote her. Its a shady ass move but its gold in this game.

Still hoping for a Todd/Courtney or Amanda/Denise final two. At least the voting would be interesting that way. Still gotta say that Amanda or Todd deserve to win. Todd was the bigger strategist and that has worked ideally thus far but Amanda made the smart move by staying in his shadows and watching him make the enemies.
Old 12-13-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
PG is a fucking whiner.
Old 12-13-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
PG is a fucking whiner.
How great was it when she only got one arrow in the reward challenge. I love how everyone gave thiers to Courtney knowing she would suck at it. 12 freaking arrows and she didn't even hit her own once. And she still got to go on the reward! What a perfect metaphor for the way shes been playing this game.
Old 12-13-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mwbmis
I know she has her detractors, and to be honest she's probably earned them, but I'm glad Courtney has stuck around. She cracks me up. Tribal council just wouldn't be the same w/o her.

I have no real justifiable reason to want her to win, but it's hard not to root for her snarkiness.
Yeah. I wouldn't have thought I'd be saying it but I have grown to find her really enjoyable. She annoyed the hell out of me early in the season but I actually quite like her now. I can't say she deserves the win, but who does really out of this crowd?
Old 12-13-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Amanda = biggest bullshitter/best strategist.

She goes around saying Todd is a two face and he is but shes so much worse. She's tried to make moves behind her alliances back many times. Todd made the Todd/Courtney/Amanda alliance and drew in guys like JR and James as pawns. His plan has worked perfectly thus far. Meanwhile, Amanda is the one thats been trying to make moves against him. Sure Todd the guy is kind of a bitch but he's been playing the game well and he is the only reason Amanda is getting to the final 3.

But you gotta love how Amanda "bonded" with PG. She goes and tells her that she wants to vote Todd out and that Todd is a backstabber and PG guzzles the Kool Aid. Then Amanda votes for PG and now Amanda has a definite jurty vote her. Its a shady ass move but its gold in this game.

Still hoping for a Todd/Courtney or Amanda/Denise final two. At least the voting would be interesting that way. Still gotta say that Amanda or Todd deserve to win. Todd was the bigger strategist and that has worked ideally thus far but Amanda made the smart move by staying in his shadows and watching him make the enemies.
Amanda = Rafe. The only way Amanda blows it is if she doesn't make it to final 3. Rafe caused Stephenie to destroy herself by just whispering in her ear and playing all innocent-like while she willingly stabbed everyone in the back. When he stupidly let Danni off the hook, he'd already set the table for her to win. I doubt Amanda will be so stupid.

The funny thing is that Todd tried to do the exact same thing with Aaron from pretty much the first day. The only reason that didn't work is because of the tribe exchange.

Amanda has all her ducks in a row. Seriously, who's not going to vote for her, Frosti? Does Todd think he's endearing himself to the jury with his braggadocios behavior?

I almost forgot... it seems like it would have been beneficial to get rid of Todd, but I think it was really better for Amanda to maintain the status quo. The reasoning is that I think Todd and Courtney are probably the only people at this point that have placed their complete trust with Amanda. If she turned on them, they'd hold a grudge (as almost everybody does) and vote against her in the end.

Last edited by the big train; 12-13-07 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-14-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
I almost forgot... it seems like it would have been beneficial to get rid of Todd, but I think it was really better for Amanda to maintain the status quo. The reasoning is that I think Todd and Courtney are probably the only people at this point that have placed their complete trust with Amanda. If she turned on them, they'd hold a grudge (as almost everybody does) and vote against her in the end.
I agree. PG in the F3 will probably get her old tribe (Jamie, Erik, probably Frosti ... probably a bitter JR too). And she'll score points for being "tough" and turning it around. Denise might get a sympathy vote, or at least votes for not actively doing anything to piss anyone off (except PG now) - she'll get James. If JR doesn't go with PG, he'd go Denise. Todd/Courtney would be bitter - I could see them voting for Denise. That F3 doesn't look too good for Amanda.

Now, Amanda in F3 vs Todd/Courtney ... that looks much better. Amanda probably has PG/Erik. Todd is seen as the schemer, and Courtney can be abrasive. I like her chances there.

Though I do like Todd and Courtney. Todd is fun in that there seems little doubt that he's a Survivor geek. As soon as he read the one mail, he knows "Oh! It's the one where they combine all the challenges!" Hopefully he'd be true to his word and handle defeat with class. And Courtney cracks me up making fun of the show (and Jeff Probst). Upon hearing Probst say the final challenge would be cutting rope with a sword: "Oooooh Nooooo!"
Old 12-14-07, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm thinking that Todd is pretty much guaranteed a final 2 spot.

If Denise wins immunity the next go around they'd be dumb to go after Todd over a stronger Amanda. This is Todds worst chance of making it to the final 2 and its still pretty good.

If Amanda/Courtney/Todd win immunity Denise will get the hook.

When its down to three it will either be Denise/Todd/Courtney or Amanda/Todd/Courtney. If Amanda/Denise or Courtney win immunity they would take Todd to the final two knowing that they have the best chance to win against him.

Being known as the schemer with enemies may not get you a million but it does guarantee you $100,000.
Old 12-14-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
And Courtney cracks me up making fun of the show (and Jeff Probst). Upon hearing Probst say the final challenge would be cutting rope with a sword: "Oooooh Nooooo!"
It's too bad she was eliminated b/c I wanted to see her try to cut those ropes again.

Looks like there will be another $100,000 AC giveaway this year.
Old 12-14-07, 01:13 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Loving Courtney - she has my vote, but I think this is Denise's to lose.
Old 12-14-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
Does Todd think he's endearing himself to the jury with his braggadocios behavior?
Seriously. I really don't think he gains anything by acting like an ahole and making those little showboating head moves.
Old 12-14-07, 10:44 AM

I have found this season to be one of the most boring yet personally. I really don't remember an alliance staying together and towing the company line so much.. Makes for a rather boring show since I never buy they're going to flip.
Old 12-14-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
Seriously. I really don't think he gains anything by acting like an ahole and making those little showboating head moves.
totally agree... why they do that? i mean, you made that far and you have to do something a-hole-ish to ruin the hard work. It's one thing you bitch to the TV viewers, but not in front of the people gonna vote for your million...
Old 12-14-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bah, same feelings as SpaceBoy... I only watched b/c the setting is in China, but it turns out the whole series is just so so (actually, below so so).
Old 12-14-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i predict Amanda gonna get the million...

by the way what does Hae Da Feng mean? I think i skipped few scenes (okay, a lot of scenes).
Old 12-14-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Really? I've loved this season but then again I haven't watch Survivor regularly since season 2. I should get whatever DVD's they've made and check them out if they are indeed that much better.
Old 12-14-07, 11:33 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
aside from the RIDICULOUS twist of sending two people from one tribe to the other, this has been a good season.

And they certainly weren't toeing the company alliance line when they voted out James.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-14-07 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-14-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ocelot
i predict Amanda gonna get the million...

by the way what does Hae Da Feng mean? I think i skipped few scenes (okay, a lot of scenes).
Roughly: Black Wind.
Old 12-14-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, I think Amanda and Denise each have to win out to get the F2 because I think she's a goner if she loses in either of the next 2 rounds. Todd and Courtney can skate by on their adversarial "charm".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.