Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Child's Play Charity 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Child's Play Charity 2007

As many of you know, Child's Play is a charity that helps provide children's hospitals with video games, toys, and books. It's organized by the guys at Penny Arcade, and you can find out more at the Child's Play site. I searched our forums here and didn't see any mention of it, and I thought it was worth starting a thread about. Not only is it a great charity, but it also provides some positive publicity for a hobby that many of us enjoy and shows people that gamers are, by and large, a caring and compassionate group.

If you want to contribute to the charity, you can do so directly at the Child's Play site either by donating cash through PayPal or by picking a specific hospital and buying items for them through their Amazon wish list. bs angel has also made a post on her blog with some other ways to donate, including an eBay auction for video game music, 8-Bit Brigade's Fund Raiser Raffle, and gaming tournaments through Gaming 4 Others.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm an 8-Bit Brigade member and I helped organize our raffle. 100% of what we raise goes directly to Child's Play, so I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. If I am, hopefully a mod will let me know and I can edit this post. Regardless of how you choose to contribute, I hope you'll consider giving to Child's Play this year. Donating to this charity has become a yearly tradition for me, and I think it's great to contribute to an organization that not only helps sick kids, but also incorporates video games. If you find any other interesting fund drives that benefit Child's Play, please post them here.