TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Anthony Bourdain's Holiday Special" - 12/10/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
"Anthony Bourdain's Holiday Special" - 12/10/07

Anthony Bourdain's Holiday Special

Tune in Monday, Dec. 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. And check out Tony's holiday travel guide, recipes and photos.

The holiday season is a time of year when families come together and try to put aside their differences. The Bourdain family is no exception. Join Anthony Bourdain as he travels to Connecticut to spend the holiday with his brother’s family in the Hudson River Valley. And to top off the festivities, Tony has agreed to cook the holiday meal.

To prepare for the main event, Tony visits Stone Barns, a farm that sells the freshest of ingredients. After he chooses his free-range turkey for the feast, Tony stops for a chat with Dan Barber, advocate of all things sustainable and the head chef of Blue Hill Restaurant on the Stone Barns grounds. Tony then travels to D'Artagnan to visit friend, and fellow chef, Ariane Daguin. They discuss some of the controversies surrounding this French delicacy, which happens to be a personal favorite of Tony’s. Back in the kitchen at the Bourdain residence, Tony dishes up his original egg nog, from scratch.

As the intoxicating aroma of turkey, stuffng and all the trimmings fill the home, Tony realizes that something is still missing. Tony sets out to search for the perfect tree, and invites a professional decorating team to help him prepare the house. But between surprise visitors, uncooperative family members and an injured cameraman, will this attempt at holiday perfection be the one time that even Anthony Bourdain has bitten off more than he can chew? Tune in Monday, Dec. 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT to find out.
http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bourd...n-holiday.html

Anthony Bourdain putting on an old school Christmas special? I'm so there.
Old 12-10-07, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i got the travel channel, basically just for this show!
Old 12-10-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dpz301
i wish i got the travel channel, basically just for this show!
I ordered the travel channel just for his show.
Old 12-11-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this man but I sadly missed this show. damn!

Edit: Thankfully with technology, tivo caught it based on my Bourdain loving past.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 12-11-07 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-11-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I'm a big fan of Tony, but I would rather see him traveling the world and seeing exotic sites than eating turkey and stuffing with family and friends at home. I passed on this episode.
Old 12-11-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait for Travel Channel to go HD next year for shows like this. Hopefully the DVR caught this episode if it's different than No Reservations.