Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Spice World'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Spice World at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31645 and...
I am sad that you couldn't embrace Girl Power for all that's inherently good in it.

I really don't care if it's bad or not. The girls seemed to understand that it was crap, and there were enough people I love in it to keep me happy (Hello, Richard O'Brien!)

I could literally watch this at any time and enjoy it.
Old 12-10-07, 08:24 AM

This was released on vhs and should stay on vhs. Honestly who would buy this movie? Unless they're utterly obsessed with baby spice.
Old 12-10-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know. I understand it's utter garbage, but it never really set out to be anything but a kitschy mess. It's absolutely terrible, but I enjoyed it. It's a modern B-movie that got made to capitalize on a fad... but instead of making an unintentional groaner, the minds behind Spice World decided to make poke fun at the Spice Girl phenomenon. It's one of those movies you've got to check your pride to enjoy. And maybe drink a bit. That helps too.
Old 12-11-07, 12:25 AM

I LOVE this movie! But of course I would because I'm a huge Spice fan. I bought the new DVD release of this and loved the slip cover it came with along with the movie quality. It's so cool! Never can get enough of it!
Old 12-11-07, 12:34 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This movie is silly fun that's worth seeing for the cast of people who are far too good to be in a movie like this.
Old 12-11-07, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought it for my niece who was distraught that Mel B. didn't win DWTS. She is obsessed with it now. I thought it was very silly, but it still kept my interest. It's definitely better than its rep.