Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Light: The Confession

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday Night Light: The Confession

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but is this coming on tonight? NBC and TV guide list that its new but my DTV guide shows Billy Graham is coming on tonight. Does anyone know what will be on?
Old 12-07-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's on my schedule for 9pm est. Someone here mentioned that BG is airing in their area also and will be running FNL at 1:30am. (not 100% sure on this time) Check your listings
Old 12-07-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's a picture from tonight's episode.. it's kinda spoilerish.........

Spoiler:

Grace gets Baptized!
Old 12-07-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Is this the last one in the can? I see that it's not on next week.
Old 12-07-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Is this the last one in the can? I see that it's not on next week.
Reportedly this show won't be affected as much by the strike. They've got 15 episodes scripted(the last of which apparently ends with a big cliffhanger).

I believe tonight's is the 9th episode of the season, which means we've got as many as 6 left.
Old 12-07-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was chuckling during the Santiago hulk-out sequence.

Riggins finally comes to his sense, too bad it took a shotgun pointed in his direction to motivate him.

Street still has some mojo, and moves in with Herc because of his parents' indirect cockblocking ways.

Tami and Julie make up. Awwww...

Landry's honesty pays off as he's let off the hook.

At least they ended this part of the season without a major cliffhanger.
Old 12-07-07, 09:55 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Glad to see Landry's not going to jail. I hope we're done with that subplot. What happened to him being on the football team? Did I miss something? Did he quit or just pull a Riggins?

Speaking of Riggins, I thought he was great keeping score of the women's gymnastics team. I hope we're done with his loser roommate. If that character is recurring as some weird psycho stalker, I'm going to be pissed.

Steet dumping that chick at the restaurant was hilarious. It's good to see him getting on with his life.

As for the girls, Julie is still extremely annoying, but she's filling out those dresses nicely, so I give her a pass. The writers have no idea what to do with Lyla. She just keeps popping up at random intervals. And I'm tired of Tyra weeping on Landry's shoulder. Bring back the fun and happy Tyra.

For a show about football, I'd like to see a little more football.
Old 12-07-07, 10:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Speaking of Riggins, I thought he was great keeping score of the women's gymnastics team.
the look Taylor gave him was hilarious
Old 12-07-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
So I wonder if Lance will be back on the football team now that he's done with the whole murder thing or does he have to apologize to the team for missing practice and a game?

So how did Tyra know that nut that she sent Riggins to? She certainly gets around. Maybe it's time for Tim to swallow his pride and give his brother a break.

My problem with the Street storyline....so his parents didn't have a problem with him wandering down to Mexico for a week to try to get an insane, risky procedure, but staying out all night with a girl....what's he thinking? I know that they were supposedly "out of town" during the whole Mexico thing, but if they were that protective I think they would know where he was.
Old 12-08-07, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Solid episode, with some good humor and tension.

The look on Streets face when his date said "pee", was hilarious.
Riggins is on a course for disaster, I don't think we have seen the end of Billy Bob
Tyra/Lance need to spit up, so he can win her back
Carlotta is either pregnant or illegal. Something needs to happen.

I don't like the Taylor family home life. Tami's speech was really patronizing. Any other 15 year old would have rolled their eyes at it.

Tami's sister is a yawn.
Old 12-08-07, 04:02 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
good ep, predictable but good
Old 12-08-07, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
So how did Tyra know that nut that she sent Riggins to? She certainly gets around. Maybe it's time for Tim to swallow his pride and give his brother a break.
Tyra's stripper sister knows him.

Did the Coach give him the sleeping bag so he can use it in the coach's house? Garage? Or to use while sleeping in his car?
Old 12-08-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't think coach would want Riggins anywhere near Julie. Yikes, that would be a step backward for evolution.
Old 12-08-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Riggins is sleeping in coach's garage. Guess it's only a matter of time before he hooks up with Julie; can you think of a better way for Julie to rebel against her folks than by dating Riggins?

But the whole idiotic "I want to be punished" attitude by Landry has me totally fed up with that story line (and maybe even the show). For crissakes, who on God's green Earth would behave like that? That was truly a "jump the shark" moment for me.
Old 12-08-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
For crissakes, who on God's green Earth would behave like that? That was truly a "jump the shark" moment for me.
There are a lot of people who when racked with guilt would do that. Its an extreme situation with extreme anxiety and his growing unhappiness triggered.

I believe the story ... well except for the murder part and the burning of the car :-) and Tyra even looking twice at Lance.

Jump the shark? This show is still trying to find its feet.
Old 12-08-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
But the whole idiotic "I want to be punished" attitude by Landry has me totally fed up with that story line (and maybe even the show). For crissakes, who on God's green Earth would behave like that? That was truly a "jump the shark" moment for me.
Hey, at least they didn't drag it out for an entire season or have Landry haunted by the ghost of the guy he killed, unlike what happened last year on One Tree Hill.

This was a bizarre episode. Some moments were great(Santiago and Buddy, Riggins and Coach Taylor at the gymnastics event, Smash and Matt), but others were dreadful(anything with Julie, Riggins' creepy roommate, the girl talking about pee).

The good news is all the storylines I'm hating could be wrapped up very soon, provided the writers still possess that Season 1 magic.
Old 12-08-07, 05:06 PM
Banned

When Landry returns to the football team, they have to move him to defense now that his nickname will be "Killer."

Also, if anyone cares, the actress who plays Tyra has a new photoshoot out, including one R-rated picture.
Old 12-08-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Good episode. Nice wrap-up to the manslaughter arc. Anybody else notice that Julie's boobs have gotten so huge that they strategically place her hair over her chest and dress her in those pregnant lady shirts?
Old 12-08-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
YES and it's PISSING ME OFF. JULIE JULIE JULIE......
Old 12-08-07, 07:00 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
So Streets date likes peeing? I was kinda lost there.
Old 12-08-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So Streets date likes peeing? I was kinda lost there.
I don't think it was so much liking peeing as it was being peed on. That was my take anyway...
Old 12-08-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
The funny thing didn't she ask him and vise versa why they had went to that site or something. Meaning they were BOTH hanging out on pee sites or something lol.
Old 12-08-07, 09:25 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
why would that put Street off ? nothing like a bit of Goldern action
Old 12-09-07, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
When Landry returns to the football team, they have to move him to defense now that his nickname will be "Killer."

Also, if anyone cares, the actress who plays Tyra has a new photoshoot out, including one R-rated picture.
and do tell where one could find these pics inquiring minds need to know hehehe
Old 12-09-07, 11:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Voiceover at the end of this show said no new episodes until the new year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.