Reload this Page >

Dexter - SPOILERS for last 2 episodes of the season

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-04-07, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Episode 11 and Episode 12 (The final two eps) have leaked online.
Old 12-04-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
For those who might want to know, I hear the last two episodes can be found for those who know where to look.

EDIT: Bah, beaten
Old 12-04-07, 06:26 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JPRaup
Episode 11 and Episode 12 (The final two eps) have leaked online.
Holy shit.
Old 12-04-07, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Holy shit. Coincidentally I will now be gone for a couple of hours.
Old 12-04-07, 08:24 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Just finished the season. All I will say is that episode 11 rocks and people will be chomping at the bit for 12. The finale drags a bit in the middle, but it has a very satisfying ending.

Another excellent season of Dexter on all counts.

Last edited by Flay; 12-04-07 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-05-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
There's no legal way to watch the episodes online. But it repeats several times during the week: http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/schedule.do
Ok that's what I thought. I don't have cable at home and I watch all my cable shows at work so I'll have to catch a repeat.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-05-07 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-05-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
Just finished the season. All I will say is that episode 11 rocks and people will be chomping at the bit for 12. The finale drags a bit in the middle, but it has a very satisfying ending.

Another excellent season of Dexter on all counts.
Yea I was SO glad I could watch ep 12 immediately after 11, I would've hated to have to wait a week. Great show

Spoiler:
I loved the various Deb reactions to Dexter being the BHB
Old 12-05-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by T-bone22
Spoiler:
I loved the various Deb reactions to Dexter being the BHB
ya hilarious.
Old 12-05-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A few points...*spoilers for Finale*

Spoiler:
FUCK YOU Lila. You got off easy on Doakes's death. And where the hell were all the people who thought the BHB was a hero at Doakes's memorial? Did they all of a sudden jump off the bandwagon? Screw them.
Old 12-05-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
and.. (more spoilers for the finale)

Spoiler:
How did Dexter find Lila? Was I sleeping of wasn't that explained?
Old 12-05-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gunde
and.. (more spoilers for the finale)

Spoiler:
How did Dexter find Lila? Was I sleeping of wasn't that explained?
Spoiler:
Nope, it wasn't explained
Old 12-05-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts
My thoughts on the finale:

Spoiler:
It was obvious Doakes was going to die... and pretty obvious that it wasn't going to be at Dexter's hands but Lila's instead. However, I'm dissapointed that Doakes it's taking the fall for the BHB - he didn't deserve it. Dexter seems to be too easily at peace with this framing, and to me that goes against who he is and what he stands for. Also, although Lila killed Doakes - Dexter really has to take some responsibility for it as well. He didn't seem to show any remorse (at least not mental remorse since his emotional side is absent anyways) that he was partly responsible for the death.

I hope they spend some time in clearing Doakes name in Season 3 and maybe having Dexter spend the time trying to pin the BHB deaths on another serial killer.

I'm extremely glad they killed off Lila. I didn't want to see Season 3 spend anytime trying to get her. She was starting to get on my last nerve

Overall it was a great season, even though I'm slightly let down by Dexter's hypocrasy. Can't wait till next season!
Old 12-06-07, 06:53 AM

I'm so lost. According to my DVR -the last episode was 11. I even looked up some uh, "sites" and the latest epiosde they have is 10. How have you guys already watched 11 and 12?
Old 12-06-07, 07:21 AM
Banned

They leaked online two days ago.
Old 12-06-07, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Coral
My thoughts on the finale:

Spoiler:
It was obvious Doakes was going to die... and pretty obvious that it wasn't going to be at Dexter's hands but Lila's instead. However, I'm dissapointed that Doakes it's taking the fall for the BHB - he didn't deserve it. Dexter seems to be too easily at peace with this framing, and to me that goes against who he is and what he stands for. Also, although Lila killed Doakes - Dexter really has to take some responsibility for it as well. He didn't seem to show any remorse (at least not mental remorse since his emotional side is absent anyways) that he was partly responsible for the death.

I hope they spend some time in clearing Doakes name in Season 3 and maybe having Dexter spend the time trying to pin the BHB deaths on another serial killer.

I'm extremely glad they killed off Lila. I didn't want to see Season 3 spend anytime trying to get her. She was starting to get on my last nerve

Overall it was a great season, even though I'm slightly let down by Dexter's hypocrasy. Can't wait till next season!
Spoiler:
Agreed on all counts, save for paragraph 2. This show is enjoyable because it has actual plot lines that move the show forward as well as cleverly-crafted arcs, as opposed to character study programs featuring bemused and sullen assholes or shows that use sex, violence and cursing to hide the fact they are inured to their status quo that usually end up on premium cable channels. I'd rather Dexter not drift into morbid self-attention (to quote a character study I actually do like).

But yes, I do not like the change Dexter has undergone. Whereas before he could be rightly regarded as a moral character although ostensibly an anti-hero, the show has now explicitly declared him an anti-hero. I appreciate the need for Dexter to change, although I am afraid ever since he even considered murdering Doakes I have liked Dexter less and less.
Old 12-06-07, 03:24 PM

Spoiler:
That was a brilliant season once again. The only thing that had me wondering was where the bodies of the 2 drug dealers went to ?

Last edited by headrippa; 12-07-07 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-06-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should put a spoiler on that question... but the answer is:

Spoiler:
Dexter fed them to the aligators. He makes mention of it when he stated "looks like we made some aligators very happy"

What I don't understand is:

Spoiler:
the whole marina/algie/rocks thing to search for the BHB. Yet it didn't look like Doakes even had a boat... and if he did, I don't think he had one in that marina. Are they overlooking this (along with the alibi's he had)? Maybe these things (along with a few other discoveries) will pop up that casts doubt on Doakes being guilty in Season 3. I hope so.

Also, even with the explosion that took place at the cabin - isn't there any evidence of cocaine being cut and packed there that the police would notice? Either traces of coke or the devices used to cut/package it?

And wouldn't investigators question why a killer would kidnap his victims, drive his car or boat out far away to the everglades with a fully intact and heavy body, kill and dismember the victim, and travel far away again to another location to dispose of the body parts? It's even more strange when there are so many hungry aligators around in the everglades that'll help dispose of the bodies without anyone finding them - like Dexter did with the 2 drug dealers.
Old 12-06-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with all of your points Coral. It doesn't sit well with me that
Spoiler:
Doakes was successfully framed as the BHB, and that Lundy was fool enough to believe some of the shady evidence. True, he was getting skeptical for a bit when the DD came in, but he was still faulty before that. I hope Doakes's name gets cleared, but that would still mean that a cop is a suspect, due to the car that the BHB used being taken from the police station. It's just too bad...I haven't felt bad for a character like this in a while...reminds me of how I felt when in Lord of the Flies when
Spoiler:
Piggy got crushed by that boulder
On that note, I wanted Lila's death to be more agonizing, if only for killing off one of my favorite characters.
Old 12-06-07, 11:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Leaked online...where...?

Edit: Found them....I wish I would have known before I clicked the spoilers which I assumed were about the episode that just aired. Oh well.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12-06-07 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-07-07, 07:31 AM
Suspended

Couple problems I had with the finale were the way Deb just let it go when Dexter came out and grabbed her and the way Rita just brushed off the fact that her kids were almost burned alive
Old 12-08-07, 10:11 AM

Finale was easily the weakest of the season, but still good. I had some big problems with the finale tho'.
Spoiler:

1: The way Deb just shrugged it off that Dexter was in Lila's apartment.

2: Rita just totally ignored the fact that Dexter's screw-buddy kidnapped her kids and tried to set them on fire. In fact, she was totally cool with it, instead of being pissed at Dexter for getting them in this mess .

3: Dexter's big plan to set up Doakes was flawed. First off, the bullet grazed his leg, of course Doakes would mention this when he is captured, and this will support his whole story. Then there is the fact that Dexter's fingerprints are all over the cabin. Couple that with the other evidence that Doakes wasn't even around when some of the murders took place and I'm confident that Doakes would of got off and Dexter would of been pulled into the limelight.

4: How did Dexter know where exactly Lila was at in Paris? I understand why they done what they done, with him following her to Paris and killing her, but at the same time, it was just jumbled. One minute we're in Miami, next we are in Paris and Dexter has stalked her enough to know exactly where she is staying, how to get in there and kill her. They could of at least wrote something in there to explain that Dexter took a vacation from the stress, went to Paris and took care of things.

Easily the weakest episode of the season, but still a good episode by all means. I think the next to last episode would of been a great finale.

Last edited by LivingINClip; 12-08-07 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-08-07, 10:14 AM

Should have been 11 episodes.
Old 12-08-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Finale was easily the weakest of the season, but still good. I had some big problems with the finale tho'.
Spoiler:

1: The way Deb just shrugged it off that Dexter was in Lila's apartment.

2: Rita just totally ignored the fact that Dexter's screw-buddy kidnapped her kids and tried to set them on fire. In fact, she was totally cool with it, instead of being pissed at Dexter for getting them in this mess .

3: Dexter's big plan to set up Doakes was flawed. First off, the bullet grazed his leg, of course Doakes would mention this when he is captured, and this will support his whole story. Then there is the fact that Dexter's fingerprints are all over the cabin. Couple that with the other evidence that Doakes wasn't even around when some of the murders took place and I'm confident that Doakes would of got off and Dexter would of been pulled into the limelight.

4: How did Dexter know where exactly Lila was at in Paris? I understand why they done what they done, with him following her to Paris and killing her, but at the same time, it was just jumbled. One minute we're in Miami, next we are in Paris and Dexter has stalked her enough to know exactly where she is staying, how to get in there and kill her. They could of at least wrote something in there to explain that Dexter took a vacation from the stress, went to Paris and took care of things.

Easily the weakest episode of the season, but still a good episode by all means. I think the next to last episode would of been a great finale.
Spoiler:
I agree with points 1 and 2. Deb ignoring Dexter's attempt to grab Lila made no sense. Rita brushing off the near-death of her kids was very odd, but I guess the writers couldn't end the season with Rita hating Dexter or some other drama as a result of the events. At the very least we should've seen Rita being shaken up and crying while hugging her kids.

As I mentioned previously, Dexter's framing of Doakes has many holes. I'm assuming Dexter planned to wipe down the cabin to eliminate his fingerprints (like he does with all his crime-scenes) he just never had the chance to end the frame-job. I'd like to know how Dexter planned to lead the cops to the cabin. How would he tell them about it without seeming like he knew about the cabin all along?

The Lila in Paris thing... I'm assuming this was a few weeks after Lila left. Dexter having access to police information tracked down Lila in Paris a few weeks after the events and simply went there to kill her. It definitely didn't look like she was in Paris only a few days as she appeared to be all set up and comfortable in Paris. Dexter took a few days to tail her and see her routine and also try to figure out a way to get into the apartment and a way to leave with her body. I think we have to assume Dexter just did his homework as he usually does before killing someone... we just didn't see all that homework being done - which was the case in a few of Dexter's other killings.

Last edited by Coral; 12-08-07 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-08-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since this title has the word SPOILERS in it, I think we can forgo the spoiler tags.

Re:LivingINClip points.

1. I partially agree. Deb lives a bit in denial regarding Dexter, so I can see her brushing it off.

2. I agree. Yes, Dex did just almost die saving the kids, but she was still too accepting of the whole thing. She was all "Everyone's ok and that's all that matters" Smile! They could have played it better.

3. I don't know if Dex really believed it would work, but it was one of the few options he had. When he decided to turn himself in there was a line about how weak the frame up plan was.

4. I have no problem with them not showing this. As Coral said, I just assumed it was a while later and Dexter tracked her down like he does a lot of his victims.

The only thing that really made me roll my eyes was the extremely convenient GPS device Lila found. I read some spoiler talk in a previous thread that suggested Lila and Doakes would meet at one point and I was curious how she would discover the cabin. I guess the GPS is better than her being able to tail Dexter.

Also, what was with Dex saying Lila was just like him, she didn't feel, she faked. I never got that from her. She seemed a different kind of crazy.

And speaking of spoilers, I looked at some of the spoiler pictures from a ep thread one or two back. One of the pics was Angel getting an award. That kind of threw me for the last few eps. I kept expecting him to do something heroic.
Old 12-09-07, 02:35 PM

I love this show. I watched the episodes a few days ago, I would like to urge people to please watch it tonight and next Sunday just so we continue to support the show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.