Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Man vs Wild - season 3 has already begun!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-07, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Even though season 2 started around June, season 3 has already begun. They've already aried 4 episodes - a 2 parter in the Sahara desert, and a 2 parter in Panama.

Here he is cutting into a camel - it reminds me of Han Solo cutting into that tauntaun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsSINT75c
Old 12-02-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He may be a "fake", but he is damn entertaining to watch and that's all I care about.
Old 12-02-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't even call him a fake. so he takes some nights off from sleeping outside, or makes it look like he in the middle of a volcano when he is 100 yards from a highway, he still gutted a camel and drank out of it's intestines, eats live bugs/insects/animals and drinks his own piss. That's authentic enough for me.
Originally Posted by LivingINClip
He may be a "fake", but he is damn entertaining to watch and that's all I care about.
Old 12-02-07, 04:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
bears is still the man. ate an alive snake raw in the panama episode.
Old 12-02-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah. I actually like the new format of the shows.
Old 12-02-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He's better than that Les guy --- "fake" or not.

You'd have to be an idiot to think a guy would risk his life for an entertainment television show; if he takes a night indoors, so be it.

Happy it's back!
Old 12-02-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new format is fine by me, I like his new interactions with the cameraman.
Old 12-02-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by grenier
The new format is fine by me, I like his new interactions with the cameraman.
I agree, the new format makes the show even better then before.
Old 12-02-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

great stuff!
Old 12-03-07, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Toad

You'd have to be an idiot to think a guy would risk his life for an entertainment television show;
les does.
Old 12-03-07, 04:42 PM

And Les is boring. He starts things and doesn't even finish them.
Old 12-03-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I much prefer Bear. I get tired of hearing Les complain about the cameras, etc. Bear is entertaining, but it does seem like he is eating stuff just for the sake of eating gross stuff now.

I also prefer when he isn't interacting with the natives but surviving on his own.
Old 12-03-07, 08:18 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
I much prefer Bear. I get tired of hearing Les complain about the cameras, etc. Bear is entertaining, but it does seem like he is eating stuff just for the sake of eating gross stuff now.

I also prefer when he isn't interacting with the natives but surviving on his own.
"Good energy!"
Old 12-03-07, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
And Les is boring. He starts things and doesn't even finish them.
i actually prefer survivorman. he actually shows you how to survive. unlike bear who does idiotic shit for the sake of being on tv. that said i do like man vs wild also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSl...showtopic=8783

Last edited by chino77; 12-03-07 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-07-07, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
New epiosde tonight in Patagonia.

He said that puma's were "as big as mountain lions." Well of course they are! Pumas are mountain lions.

This time when he slid down the "cre-vass" in the "glass-ee-ay," he didn't try to hide the rope that was holding him up.

When he built his trap to try to catch a rabbit, he basically admitted that none of his traps in the past had ever worked, and that they had all been filled with animals from his camera crew. Those weren't his exact words, but that was how I interpreted it. (But, his statement could be open to a different intepretation.)

By the time the show was half over, he hadn't found any food, hadn't built a fire, and hadn't built any shelter. Then the airplane came by and picked him up, and dropped him off in a much easier area, and the other half of the show went on.

He admitted that all of his climbing up and down things went completely against what all the survival experts and guides said to do, but that he was going to continue doing the climbing up and down things anyway.

Last edited by grundle; 12-07-07 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-08-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by grundle
He admitted that all of his climbing up and down things went completely against what all the survival experts and guides said to do, but that he was going to continue doing the climbing up and down things anyway.
That was the original concept of the show. Bear would do moronic dangerous shit, while a real wilderness survival expert would voice over what you should and shouldn't do in that situation. I remember reading that the “expert” didn’t even know his portion wasn’t going to be used until much later, when they redid the voice over with Bear.

I was a huge Man vs. Wild fan (and had never watched Survivorman) before it went off the air with the "controversy". I very glad it did because if it weren’t for threads like this I never would have heard of Les Stroud (and then found the even better Ray Mears from the BBC on my own). I still enjoy Bears antics but love Survivorman for its "realness".
Old 12-08-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dig both. Bear is far more entertaining but Les provides more useful information. Can't we all just get along
Old 12-08-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man v. Wild is entertaining enough to me. They've gone back and re-edited his old episodes as well to be more truthful, so that's a plus.

I like Survivorman more, but the camera stuff really does drag the show down. I don't know what would be so difficult about having the camera crew follow him around, but not help out.
Old 12-09-07, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I wish we could just go back to the lie. I much prefered when Bear was dropped some place and had to find a way out. I really dislike his interaction with natives.

The way they do it now doesn't have many sleep overs, finding food, etc. He meets a goal, gets on the chopper and goes to another one. Pantagonia was very beautiful, though.
Old 12-09-07, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I definately like his new 'adventures' more. The show has totally re-invented itself.
Old 12-10-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I wish we could just go back to the lie. I much prefered when Bear was dropped some place and had to find a way out. I really dislike his interaction with natives.

The way they do it now doesn't have many sleep overs, finding food, etc. He meets a goal, gets on the chopper and goes to another one. Pantagonia was very beautiful, though.
I agree, even though I still like Christmas, it was much better when I still believed in Santa Claus.