DVD Talk
WWECW, TNA & ROH 11/26 - 12/2: Jericho's back, TNA has a PPV [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WWECW, TNA & ROH 11/26 - 12/2: Jericho's back, TNA has a PPV

MovieExchange
11-26-07, 09:43 AM
Welcome to what should be the last quick & dirty edition of the weekly wrestling thread. As I've probably mentioned, I'm helping a friend start up a second location for his store. The problem is that he's simply bought out an existing store and kept on the old manager, who is dragging his heels on helping... so every Monday I go out there is like starting all over again.

But that's my problem, and not yours... what's on tap for this week? Glad you asked...

Tonight on Raw:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/5880774

The nature boy returns! I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't bury this and instead use the graphic to promote Jericho. The downside of this is that Raw is in Flair's home town of Charlotte, NC, which means that Flair can expect to be humiliated in some way.

Also teased (but not confirmed) is Triple H and Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga and Snitsky. Wow, there's some random pairings.

Also pushed is more Randy Orton / Chris Jericho drama. I agree with the guys at PWInsider when they say that what really spoiled Jericho's return was Orton's complete lack of charisma. No shock, no anger, just... staring. That stupid mongoloid stare that Orton has perfected.

Tuesday on ECW:

No real matches are announced. Just more on Big Daddy V and Kane, as well as the Kelly Kelly / Layla feud. Also a "what's next for ECW's latest addition, Shelton Benjamin" blurb.

Friday on Smackdown:

Edge gets a shot at Batista's title, and you know Undertaker will get involved somehow. Also teased is more Finlay / Khali and MVP / Mysterio feuds.

TNA has their Turning Point PPV this Sunday, as we wind up a year of PPV pick 'ems. Who will be on top at the end of the year? Will I find a great system to make all this tracking easier on me, or will I be spending the Monday after WWE's Armageddon frantically making the list? Only time will tell!

GuessWho
11-26-07, 12:39 PM
confirmed: Triple H & Jeff Hardy will put their new bond to the test tonight against Umaga & Snitsky.

lotsofdvds
11-26-07, 12:45 PM
Flair jobs to either a midget or a Diva.

PixyJunket
11-26-07, 03:48 PM
Flair jobs to either a midget or a Diva.I'd mark for that.

So, any guesses on how many weeks until we actually see Jericho in a match?

lotsofdvds
11-26-07, 05:53 PM
I'd mark for that.

Contract signing at whatever the December PPV is. Match at Royal Rumble.

dadaluholla
11-26-07, 09:14 PM

Well, looks like a little after 10:00 tonight...if you count a match against Santino as an actual match.

Applejack
11-26-07, 09:19 PM
Jericho's new finisher sucks.

Some brokeback action with Flair and Michaels.

I'd love Flair to go on a winning streak until wrestlemania when he loses and retires (losing the belt)... but that makes too much sense.

I would have liked to see them book him against a loser like Carlito or somebody and work his way up the ranks beating better competition each time until losing, but instead they put him up against Randy Orton immediately.

I hate Randy Orton, and it isn't the good kind of hate. It's the "change the channel" hate.

DthRdrX
11-26-07, 09:38 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, a new wrestlecrap moment right before our eyes ....

lotsofdvds
11-26-07, 09:54 PM
Wow... I guess they needed to humiliate Carlito a little more...

Charlie Goose
11-26-07, 10:58 PM
I'm assuming you're referring to that godawful scene with Hornswaggle and Carlito. It's shit like that that makes me embarassed to be a fan. One of the worst things I have ever seen in wrestling.

People who bring signs with their own names and an arrow pointing down should die a screaming death.

Jericho is gold, but I did hate seeing Santino getting bitched out by him AND once again, Jerry Lawler.

I know why Tully Blanchard wasn't there to make a true Horsemen reunion. Barry Windham ate him.

No shame here in saying that I marked out when Flair came out the first time. Match was pretty good, although Orton did his best to suck the life out of it. As usual, JR and Lawler were so over the top in talking about Flair getting beat.

Nice of Triple H to remind Hardy that he's turned on all of his partners. It lost something when Kennedy said the same thing about HBK a few minutes later. I wish they would've built up the Triple H/Hardy partnership for a few more weeks before putting them against each other.

DthRdrX
11-26-07, 11:09 PM
What's funny is the bad backstage rap Carlito has, yet week in and week out he obviously does whatever is asked of him. The WWE even gives Randy Savage more respect by pretending he doesn't exist!

I've been thinking lately that they might be hinting at using Santino as a commentator, but probably not.

Some News about the Wrestlemania title matches:

Winner of the Royal Rumble will get title shot of his choice. The other brand will have all the top contenders compete at No Way Out in the Elimination Chamber.

JJE-187
11-26-07, 11:30 PM
Winner of the Royal Rumble will get title shot of his choice. The other brand will have all the top contenders compete at No Way Out in the Elimination Chamber.

I assume they are talking about the World title and the WWE title, wow they sure are pissing on the ECW belt with that, Didn't last years winner (Undertaker) have to choose beteween the 3?

DthRdrX
11-26-07, 11:38 PM
I assume they are talking about the World title and the WWE title, wow they sure are pissing on the ECW belt with that, Didn't last years winner (Undertaker) have to choose beteween the 3?

Yes, he chose to fight Batista for the Smackdown title, which I why I think we'll be seeing a Raw guy winning the rumble and fighting the Raw champion this year. I don't even consider ECW as a legitmate choice for the Rumble winner.

NORML54601
11-27-07, 12:38 AM
I know why Tully Blanchard wasn't there to make a true Horsemen reunion. Barry Windham ate him.

:lol:

MovieExchange
11-27-07, 01:19 AM
What's funny is the bad backstage rap Carlito has, yet week in and week out he obviously does whatever is asked of him. The WWE even gives Randy Savage more respect by pretending he doesn't exist!

I believe the problem with Carlito is that while he does what is asked of him, that's all he does. He does it half-assed, not to the best of his ability. He reportedly believes he should be given a top spot and then start working his ass off, instead of busting ass to prove he deserves a top spot.

I think he also ruffled a lot of feathers with his Wrestlemania comment when he said that the Divas had a match but he and Flair didn't. He probably pissed off the company for saying it, and quite likely pissed off the wrestlers for even mentioning himself in the same breath as Flair.

Rypro 525
11-27-07, 01:44 AM
Guess this friday it's gonna be time for everyone to "Man Up"
You will never see anything like the Ladder War at ROH "Man Up" again.

ROH "Man Up" will debut on pay-per-view this Friday, November 30th, on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems. Check your local listings for time, channel and the affordable price. The talk of the wrestling world on December 1st will be the first and only Ladder War for the ROH World Tag Team Titles pitting The Briscoes vs. Steen & Generico.

The Ladder War is so innovative, so dangerous, so death-defying and so incredible that ROH officials have decided to ban this type of match. The thoughts among ROH officials is that any athlete competing in another Ladder War would have to take too many extreme risks in order to try to top the "Man Up" one.

"It is a spectacular match," ROH President Cary Silkin said. "There is just no way the "Man Up" Ladder War can be topped and it would be too dangerous to put anyone in a position where they would have to top it. The Ladder War is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of match."

Watch the debut of "Man Up" from Chicago, IL on November 30th on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems to see a loaded show of athletic matches. This is wrestling that won't insult your intelligence. Pro wrestling as a sport is back. Forget about silly backstage "comedy" skits and endless promos, this is where the action is. Here is a quick look at this Friday's pay-per-view card:

Main Event #1 - ROH World Tag Team Title Ladder War
Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

The Skinny: This is the final bout in what many call ROH's feud of the year. You just need to witness this one for yourself.

Main Event #2 - ROH World Title Match
Takeshi Morishima defends vs. Bryan Danielson

The Skinny: ROH's hottest new rivalry sees Danielson try to regain the ROH World Title. This is the rematch of the "Manhattan Mayhem II" match of the year candidate.

Single Series
Austin Aries, Erick Stevens & Matt Cross compete in singles matches vs. Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards

The Skinny: You will see these two factions split up into singles competition for a best of three match series. You are guaranteed good, athletic, hard professional wrestling when these six mix it up.

Four Corner Survival
Naomichi Marufuji vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero

The Skinny: This is a showcase of what ROH does best- take the greatest talent in the world and cut them loose to see who is the best. Japan, Switzerland, England and the United States are all represented in the first ever ROH signature Four Corner Survival on PPV.

Plus more with: Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey; Delirious; Brent Albright; Adam Pearce with Shane Hagadorn; BJ Whitmer and others!!!

ROH "Man Up" will give you the most bang for your PPV dollar. Check your local listings and make sure to catch the debut of "Man Up" this Friday, November 30th, to see the Ladder War everyone will be talking about.
<embed width="425" height="355"src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ffGRPBMlc4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" </embed>
If this is anything like the boston street fight shown (and they only showed the end, this match will be insane. Also like that they showed the title match between Brent Albright (some of you may remeber him as Gunnar Scott in WWE) and Morishima. Excellent match (again they only showed the end), and it made Albright look like a million bucks and he could be a future main eventer imo if booked right. Also, you can see me marking out like a little girl in the blue shirt.

DthRdrX
11-27-07, 03:39 AM
I believe the problem with Carlito is that while he does what is asked of him, that's all he does. He does it half-assed, not to the best of his ability. He reportedly believes he should be given a top spot and then start working his ass off, instead of busting ass to prove he deserves a top spot.

I think he also ruffled a lot of feathers with his Wrestlemania comment when he said that the Divas had a match but he and Flair didn't. He probably pissed off the company for saying it, and quite likely pissed off the wrestlers for even mentioning himself in the same breath as Flair.

I hope he half-assed that run into the wall.

DthRdrX
11-27-07, 04:05 AM
After they went off the air, Orton accepted Jericho's offer to fight on the next PPV.

PixyJunket
11-27-07, 08:56 AM
Raw has been really good for the last month or so, at least every episode since that painfully awful DX & Stone Cold episode. I'm excited about the HBK/Kennedy feud but I'm afraid that HBK is going to bury him after losing for the last couple of months to Orton. Here's hoping Kennedy makes the best out of the situation, his rant last night on his DVD set sounded creepily like one of my HBK rants. I'm surprised they let him get away with the "politicking" comment, especially.

lastofthewild1s
11-27-07, 07:19 PM
I thought some here might find this funny as I did. Someone had some fun over at Youtube with Tom Zenk and Brian Pillman pictures. You'll just have to see it. I thought it was funny as hell.

Pillman / Zenk: Ringrat Hunters (http://youtube.com/watch?v=aiAizIq3k98)

Rypro 525
11-28-07, 02:09 AM
anyone remeber watching this live?
<embed width="425" height="355"src="http://www.youtube.com/v/clLu_QuLLRE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" </embed>
Since this was in baltimore, i almost attended this. Funny how they kept pimping "End of Days"

also, this was on the wrestlinggonewrong site, that aired last night on ECW
http://wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/kelly_fails_elbow.html

Qui Gon Jim
11-28-07, 08:16 AM
Booker T had a Spike TV press conference today. He said the straw that broke the camel's back as far as leaving WWE was his suspension. He said he had no idea why his name would be on such a list (Signature Pharmacy) as he never ordered anything from them, and has never even ordered anything with a credit card online. He claimed he thought WWE needed a big name scapegoat at the time and when they didn't protect him, he knew it was time to go.
Fuck you, Booker. You are a damn liar. Have fun in TNA, where a medical history is of no concern because they aren't a blip on the radar like WWE is. Even if one of their stars dies, it will be roundly ignored, unless they worked for WWE at some point, and then that will be all that is mentioned.

I have no doubt that Booker was on the juice. Be a man and own up to it.

Edited to add: Does WWE have legal recourse against this shit wad if there's concrete proof he's not telling the truth?

cerial442
11-28-07, 10:26 AM

He mentioned Flair because they were suppose to have a match at Wrestlemania but creative didn't get the ball rolling on the storyline in time. Flair was supposedly upset at that match not happening as well.

MovieExchange
11-28-07, 11:54 AM
He mentioned Flair because they were suppose to have a match at Wrestlemania but creative didn't get the ball rolling on the storyline in time. Flair was supposedly upset at that match not happening as well.

Yeah, I understand that, and creative was wrong for not getting their asses in gear. However, based on how the boys in the back tend to view things, Carlito probably made a huge faux-pas when he included himself in his rant instead of just saying that Flair wasn't involved in Wrestlemania.

Rogue588
11-28-07, 03:58 PM
IIRC, in addition to the Divas, he also mentioned the Kane/Khali match.

Since I agree with Carlito, I don't really have a problem with him mentioning himself (he was involved with Flair), but I could see where someone like JBL might have a problem backstage (particularly with the namechecking of matches he thinks shouldn't be on the bill).

NORML54601
11-28-07, 05:04 PM
IIRC, in addition to the Divas, he also mentioned the Kane/Khali match.

Since I agree with Carlito, I don't really have a problem with him mentioning himself (he was involved with Flair), but I could see where someone like JBL might have a problem backstage (particularly with the namechecking of matches he thinks shouldn't be on the bill).

JBL really wouldn't like me then.

MovieExchange
11-28-07, 05:47 PM
JBL really wouldn't like me then.

He doesn't like most of us.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying what Carlito said was wrong. I'm just saying that his actions were making him enemies on both sides, corporate and workers.

lastofthewild1s
11-28-07, 08:02 PM
Why does anyone give a damn what JBL thinks about anything anyway. I guess since he's been with WWE for 11 or 12 years now he's entitled to respect? The guy hasn't drawn dime in his life. When he was Smackdown champion, business for that brand was in the crapper. Everyone else (except Bob Holly) who have been with the company for that amount of time have drawn. HBK, Undertaker, HHH...they've all drawn money. JBL? Dick. I guess the only other way to ensure that you keep a job for that length of time with WWE is to be a backstage bully.

Rypro 525
11-29-07, 04:47 AM
"The second half of the show was the best hour of PPV yet from ROH. The Morishima-Danielson match set a new benchmark for how to work a pro wrestling match. The Briscoes-Generico & Steen Ladder War is an incredible spectacle that will have you cringing. These four wrestlers took the ball and ran with it and turned the best blowoff Iíve seen to an ROH feud. Unfortunately, ROH just canít let a match this dangerous happen again, as these men were motivated to do anything to create a match that put an incredible final stamp on their feud of the year." Sean Radican, PWTorch.comHe also gave the Briscoes vs Kevin Steen and El Generico Ladder War the full 5 stars.

DthRdrX
11-29-07, 08:21 PM
I've never understood them giving any TV time to either JBL or Bob Holly. Thats just me though.

dx23
11-29-07, 09:13 PM
Whoever is in charge or has common sense, should fire the announcers and the people feeding the lines to them at TNA. Instead of giving a play by play of the match and putting over the wrestlers involved in the match that we are watching, the take that time to shill the PPV, the saturday night special, and every other wrestler not participating or appearing in our TVs at the moment. It gets so annoying hearing Mike Tenay promote the upcoming main event instead of putting over Rhino and Relic in the match that is happening at the moment.

No wonder why people aren't don't give a shit about their product.

Rypro 525
11-29-07, 10:40 PM
Everyone else thinks the stuff with Angle and his wife is retarted right?

MovieExchange
11-30-07, 12:10 AM
As usual, I didn't watch TNA. Did they give any confirmation as to who will be competing in that stupid "Feast or Fired" match?

And while I like the idea of a women's division, did we really need a second ladies match on the card when athletes like Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper, Chris Harris and L.A.X. are not being used (or are being used in the dumbass Feast or Fired match)?

BravesMG
11-30-07, 01:09 AM
I've been catching up on some of the original TNA DVD releases like Best of X-Division, NWA-TNA Title Matches, and Bloodiest Brawls. Holy shit am I sad that I missed out on the weekly PPV days. These matches are f'n outstanding and even the little bit of story I can read into this stuff seems pretty good. I can't believe they were this good so early and it somehow turned into Team 3D vs. VKM. But I do have one question, who the fuck was this Mortimer Plumtree asshole and what on Earth was he doing with AJ?

I also picked up TNA Year One and thought it was an outstanding documentary. If you combine the almost literally insane effort I see these guys giving on the weekly PPVs with their interviews saying that each week was a fight for survival and they wanted to put on matches that would help save the company, it's pretty powerful stuff. It just makes the decline to where we're at today all the more sad.

DthRdrX
11-30-07, 01:23 AM
As usual, I didn't watch TNA. Did they give any confirmation as to who will be competing in that stupid "Feast or Fired" match?

And while I like the idea of a women's division, did we really need a second ladies match on the card when athletes like Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper, Chris Harris and L.A.X. are not being used (or are being used in the dumbass Feast or Fired match)?

It doesn't surprise me. I believe the Knockout matches haved scored them their highest ratings so far. The commentators need to go if they ever want to take off.

MovieExchange
11-30-07, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's me, but Turning Point seems to be haphazard and half-assed in how it's laid out.

First of all, the only title being defended is the Women's title. Now while we're all glad that TNA is building what looks to be a strong women's division, wouldn't it be nice to have the other belts in the company on the line?

Next up, the main event. Wouldn't it be nice to see the TNA champion defend his belt in a one-on-one match? Just as with the past PPV, Angle instead is in a tag match. At least the championship was on the line last time, but this time we don't even have that!

Of course who would want it to be in this situation? Maybe if we knew the company had more confidence in Samoa Joe, we'd want the belt to be on the line. We'd believe that Joe would have a chance to finally hold the belt he was supposed to win a year ago. However, we all know that if they did put the belt on the line, it would be very likely that Kevin Nash would walk out wearing the strap.

Booker T & Kaz vs. Christian Cage & Robert Roode? I understand that Roode has upped his performance and Kaz is getting a well-deserved push, but is this really the way to spotlight Booker T, the big new acquisition?

cerial442
11-30-07, 11:18 PM
I just watched the ROH ppv, that ladder match was insane. The four competitors are lucky to be alive after that.

Well worth the $15.

Rypro 525
12-01-07, 01:46 AM
I just watched the ROH ppv, that ladder match was insane. The four competitors are lucky to be alive after that.

Well worth the $15.
yep same here. (dvr'ed) I wonder if the end promo will end up on the next ppv, or if its restricted to the internet. (it has Jacobs doing a promo undernieth a bloody Jay Briscoe and having him occasionally drink the blood.

turborobb
12-02-07, 03:01 AM
TNA TURNING POINT PPV This Sunday

http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/headers/TP_MAIN.jpg
http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/headers/booktag.jpg
http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/headers/kimkong.jpg
http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/headers/10000tacks.jpg
http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/headers/tables.jpg

plus....

15 Man "Feast or Get Fired" Match - 4 suitcases above the ring, 3 have title matches in them, one say's "you're fired"

ERIC YOUNG vs. COWBOY JAMES STORM

ODB & ROXXI LAVEAUX vs. ANGELINA LOVE & VELEVET SKY

(sorry I missed the last couple of my TNA previews, if anyone cares, I've been busy argueing with my girlfriend and drinking)

Rypro 525
12-02-07, 03:13 AM
Does Scott Hall look high in that picture or is it just me. Good to see that the Murder City Machine Guns on the card, but they'll prob get squashed by team 3d.

BravesMG
12-02-07, 11:24 PM
So apparently Hall no showed (shocker of shockers...) and Joe went out there in what sounds to be a worked shoot type of deal and BURIED Hall, put over the entire X-Division and had a really good moment. Hall was replaced with Eric Young and it sounds like they had a pretty good match out there.

Rypro 525
12-03-07, 12:15 AM
So apparently Hall no showed (shocker of shockers...) and Joe went out there in what sounds to be a worked shoot type of deal and BURIED Hall, put over the entire X-Division and had a really good moment. Hall was replaced with Eric Young and it sounds like they had a pretty good match out there.
So, who got "fired"? :rolleyes: Apparently female wrestler Rain (of the Minnisota Home Wrecking Crew Shimmer/ROH team w/Lacey) is the fan 'obessed' with Robert Roode. Also, Ariel (Kevin Thorns manager in ECW) is someone who apparently helped LAX

BravesMG
12-03-07, 01:28 AM
So, who got "fired"? :rolleyes: Apparently female wrestler Rain (of the Minnisota Home Wrecking Crew Shimmer/ROH team w/Lacey) is the fan 'obessed' with Robert Roode. Also, Ariel (Kevin Thorns manager in ECW) is someone who apparently helped LAXAccording to the results I read, in a true WCW moment, they're not going to reveal what was in the cases until Impact. The "winners" were BG James, Senshi, Petey Williams, and Scott Steiner. Only Senshi really even mildly deserves an X Division shot, and none of them make any sense at all to fire or fit in any storylines. This whole thing makes absolutely no sense, but I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

DthRdrX
12-03-07, 09:10 AM
I turned it off after I found out they were not going to open the cases on the PPV. I'll watch the TV shows so they can shill the PPVs, but I won't buy PPV's to watch them shill their TV show.

Rockmjd23
12-03-07, 09:24 AM
^^^ And this is why I don't buy many PPVs anymore. If I don't know for sure If I'm going to get the payoff for storylines, then I'm not going to shell out the money. It used to be, that you were promised at least some sort of closure for feuds and angles when you buy PPVs, not so anymore in either WWE or TNA.

DthRdrX
12-03-07, 10:02 AM
This is a little more than just a storyline/feud ending though IMO. They specifically sold the match as a gimmick match with a payoff at the end.

It just gives the fans the belief that they really are desperate to improve the ratings of Impact, while making them feel ripped off at the same time.

I will say I watched the Gail Kim/Kong match and it kicked ass.

Linn1
12-03-07, 10:34 AM

Anyone posted this on youtube yet?

DthRdrX
12-03-07, 01:50 PM
Anyone posted this on youtube yet?

I've been looking and havn't found it yet. word is it was a worked shoot ala classic Russo.

lotsofdvds
12-03-07, 01:51 PM
classic Russo.
Those are two words I never thought I'd see together.

DthRdrX
12-03-07, 01:59 PM
Those are two words I never thought I'd see together.

Keep in mind, classic isn't necessarily synonymous with any good. :)

Russo was known for worked shoots though. We are going to have to wait and find out what happened.