Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Silver Surfer Statue at Best Buy (B&M) 1 cent!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-25-07, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at a Best Buy in Orlando, Florida last night and they had a Silver Surfer Statue (has a DVD with 5 comics on it and a lost Silver Surfer comic on it also) marked 1 cent. I believe it was avalible for an extra price if you bought Rise of the Silver Surfer DVD when it came out earlier this year. Just thought someone out there might be interested.
Old 11-25-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I was there yesterday and they still had a few so I'll stop by tonight and see if they're marked for a penny.
Old 11-25-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good luck finding a box that doesn't look like someone drove over it with a truck...
Old 11-25-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
a penny were i work, at least it was yesterday
Old 11-25-07, 03:26 PM

THANKS OP! I wanted one since they first were available but didn't think it was worth the $4.99 if you bought the dvd and $14.99 otherwise!

just got back from the one near me - they had them marked down to $3.00 but they rang up as $.01 - the cashier didn't say a word...
Old 11-25-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And for some reason, on release day, I went to best buy early to get these before they ran out. I blame losing out on the 300 gift set for that one. After that, I vowed to never to lose out on an "exclusive".
Old 11-25-07, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
It's funny. When I went to get Live Free or Die Hard on Tuesday, I saw a STACK of the Silver Surfers tucked away on the shelves. I thought to myself "Wonder when those are gonna get dropped to a penny?"

Just got back from that Best Buy with 3 Surfers. Might get more later in the week for X-Mas gifts. I'm still sore at missing out on the Superman Returns Luthor Bust but this makes up for it.
Old 11-25-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Well, was over there earlier and they had a few but not marked for a penny (just the standard $4.99 if you buy FF2). Guess I should have brought one to the counter and see what it rang up at.
Old 11-25-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shacmasta
And for some reason, on release day, I went to best buy early to get these before they ran out. I blame losing out on the 300 gift set for that one. After that, I vowed to never to lose out on an "exclusive".
Yeah, you can never have too much exclusive junk!
Old 11-25-07, 09:06 PM

The local Best Buy I went to had two on the shelves marked as $14.99, but rang up for a penny. They had a tote filled with them by checkout that were in better condition...like a dope I asked one of the employees if the ones in the tote were for sale and she said they were all recalled and were being sent back. Thanks, bipartite!
Old 11-25-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still marked at 14.99, but I'll check tomorrow. Really want one, but not for 14.99.
Old 11-25-07, 09:46 PM

I bought 3 tonight for 3 cents total. The cashier couldn't believe the price since the sticker was $14.99. The cashier offered to pay. She said she had 3 cents somewhere. I paid the 3 cents.
Old 11-26-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is anyone that has multiples of these willing to sell me one? I can pay with paypal. Let me know via email - channaman @ gmail.com

I missed this during the initial release, and the two stores I checked yesterday had none.
Old 11-26-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bahgee
Is anyone that has multiples of these willing to sell me one? I can pay with paypal. Let me know via email - channaman @ gmail.com

I missed this during the initial release, and the two stores I checked yesterday had none.
same here, i'm an hour away from the nearest BB store and absolutely won't have any chance of getting out-of-town this week. Any help in getting just 1 of these for myself would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 11-26-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now I feel like a dope for paying $4.99 for this.
Old 11-27-07, 12:32 PM
Cool New Member

any other 1 cent deal? like jungle book, or ghost rider gift sets?
Old 11-27-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Grabbed one today, there are at least 20 in the Fargo ND location (if it helps).
Old 11-27-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Grabbed one today, there are at least 20 in the Fargo ND location (if it helps).
I'm heading to LaGuardia Airport right now.
Old 11-27-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Got one today at Bellevue WA Best Buy. They had around 12 more all in good condition.

Last edited by Ginwen; 11-27-07 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 02:30 PM
Defunct Account

Thanks OP! Picked up two, one if perfect shape for me and another with a smashed box for the kids. First time I've been able to find one of these 1 cent deals!
Old 11-27-07, 02:33 PM

The Jungle Book bank is also one sent if you can find it. I bought two in the Towson MD location.

here is a link of best buys inexpensive items

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=Movies&nrp=15
Old 11-27-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by drmoze
I'm heading to LaGuardia Airport right now.
Right behind ya!
Old 11-27-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bahgee
Right behind ya!
There's plenty of space, just pack a sweater. I'll throw a couple Surfers in one of the fridges for you so nobody runs off with them.
Old 11-27-07, 04:42 PM

Went to the Hamburg store in Lexington, KY. They had two left on the shelf priced at $14.99. I took them to the front and told them that someone told me they picked one up for cheaper. They scanned it and it came up for a penny! The girl was stunned. She called someone else over, and the other girl told her it was fine. She said that sometimes it happens when they are about to "depot" an item (at least that's what I think she said...maybe a Best Buy employee can tell us what that means). I know when I worked at KB Toys, they did that a couple of times with some older stuff, but it was really old stuff. They marked down some older video game player guides and our store still had Game Gear systems, games, and accessories (this was like 7 years ago), so they marked those down real cheap. I assume it's stuff they are marking down to just dump or maybe send back.
Old 11-27-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by obidawsn
Went to the Hamburg store in Lexington, KY. They had two left on the shelf priced at $14.99. I took them to the front and told them that someone told me they picked one up for cheaper. They scanned it and it came up for a penny! The girl was stunned. She called someone else over, and the other girl told her it was fine. She said that sometimes it happens when they are about to "depot" an item (at least that's what I think she said...maybe a Best Buy employee can tell us what that means). I know when I worked at KB Toys, they did that a couple of times with some older stuff, but it was really old stuff. They marked down some older video game player guides and our store still had Game Gear systems, games, and accessories (this was like 7 years ago), so they marked those down real cheap. I assume it's stuff they are marking down to just dump or maybe send back.
She probably said "Devo" an item. That's what they call it when an item needs to be returned, defective or otherwise. Story behind it when Best Buy was "Sound of Music" in Minneapolis, whenever they need to return something, the employees would say "Just give to the Devo guys in the back". I guess they were guys in Receiving who listened to nothing but Devo music. Sorry probably more info than you guys wanted to read lol.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.