Reload this Page >

Definitive List of Erroneous 'Ghostbusters III' Filmographies

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-25-07, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gang,

A major bone of contention with me will always be the prep, and eventual cancellation of the 'Ghostbusters III' film, around 1997 or 1998. There are archives all around the internet from around 1996 - 1997 where some of the principles, (although mostly Dan Aykroyd) cite the project as being 'greenlit' and on the move for a '98 or '99 release.

As such, one thing I've noticed on some of my older DVDs is that some of the included filmographies have 'Ghostbusters III' listed as certain cast's 'upcoming' schedule for 1998. It's fastly becoming a hobby of mine to check any older DVD I have for certain castmembers associated with Ghostbusters to see if 'GB3' is included again on another DVD.

So far I can only think of two DVDs off the top of my head, that being the 1998 'Blues Brothers' DVD release, as well as my '1941' disc; both of which have Aykroyd's latest film project being 'Ghostbusters III' for 1998.

Just curious if anyone has any other DVDs that list this erroneous information in the 'cast and crew' features for Aykroyd or any other member of the films?