Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 07:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
House - "You Don't Want to Know" - 11/20/07

"You Don't Want to Know"
Spoiler:
House encounters a magician whose heart failed while performing an underwater escape act. While the remaining fellowship candidates work to diagnose the illusionist, House is determined to prove that he's a scam artist faking his ailments to cover up the fact that he nearly drowned during his act. During the testing, House suspects one of his own candidates may have an undisclosed illness. In the meantime, House pits his team against one another in a challenge involving Cuddy, granting the winner immunity from elimination and a chance to nominate two other candidates to be put on the chopping block.
Old 11-20-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I loved how House was looking at "Big Love" in the elevator when he thought he had stolen Cuddy's underwear.
Old 11-20-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Amber push the bald guy when he was trying to spill his coffee on Cuddy or is he just clumsy? I couldn't really tell.
Old 11-20-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah she pushed him...and her name is Cutthroat Bitch! lol
Old 11-20-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One of the better episode of the season, the use of magic and getting House's curiousity up a notch was pretty funny. 13 and House play for keeps.
Old 11-20-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still chuckle a bit every time House refers to her as "Cutthroat bitch", especially when he does it to her face as he did tonight. "Cutthroat bitch....rise."
Old 11-21-07, 12:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I liked House mentioning at the end someone finally had lupus
Old 11-21-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
House...."Oooh My Gaaawd!"

Old 11-21-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow, can't believe that Big Love ended up getting the axe after the supposed deal made with Cuddy to knock out specific guys. They did a really good job building up some of these characters... I felt bad because of the seemingly broken friendship at the end of Big Love and Kumar.

Loved the Cuddy panty contest. It's funny the thing with #13 and the test... it reminded me of House and Cameron with the AIDS test thing.

Looking forward to see who's left in next week's episode.
Old 11-21-07, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another fantastic episode. I really loved the interaction between 13 and House this week. I'm surprised he didn't look at the test results.
Old 11-21-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I felt bad because of the seemingly broken friendship at the end of Big Love and Kumar.
I may have missed something in the previous episodes this season, but that friendship between Big Love and Kumar came out of nowhere, as though it was manufactured out of the ether simply for the weight it would give this episode. Have these two ever been chummy before?
Old 11-21-07, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Wow, can't believe that Big Love ended up getting the axe after the supposed deal made with Cuddy to knock out specific guys. They did a really good job building up some of these characters... I felt bad because of the seemingly broken friendship at the end of Big Love and Kumar.

Loved the Cuddy panty contest. It's funny the thing with #13 and the test... it reminded me of House and Cameron with the AIDS test thing.
I'm sad Big Love was fired. His 1970s style afro was hypnotizing. Also, his back story was the most compelling with the ex-wife and kid? Hopefully, he’ll be back for a few more episodes.

Was I the only one who thought the simplest course of action was to just ask Cuddy for her underwear? It seemed the easiest way to beat House at his own game. Of course, I would probably have been fired since I would have accepted the same deal as Big Love.

Why hasn’t House fired Cutthroat Bitch for not being a doctor? If he’s such a fan of Big Love, he should have seen her in at least three episodes according to IMDB.

Good point on the Cameron/Thirteen parallels. The captioning is funny because they always refer to her as Thirteen since her name hasn’t been revealed. Big Love seems to be a more laidback version of Foreman. Of the remaining cast, Taub seems the better fit versus Kutner as Chase due to being financially well-off and his willingness to please House at any expense.
Old 11-21-07, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by TeeSeeJay
I may have missed something in the previous episodes this season, but that friendship between Big Love and Kumar came out of nowhere, as though it was manufactured out of the ether simply for the weight it would give this episode. Have these two ever been chummy before?
That is what I was thinking too.
Old 11-21-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I LOVE that it was finally lupus.

I also think we will end up with 13 and Kumar. I haven't looked at any spoilers, so don't tell me anything different.

And the fact that she drugged House and knew that he had drugged her to get her to freak and open up was fantastic.
Old 11-21-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another really good ep and the lupis line got me too
Old 11-21-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Barings
Why hasn’t House fired Cutthroat Bitch for not being a doctor?
She's not a doctor? I thought they got rid of that old guy who wasn't the real doctor.
Old 11-21-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Yeah, she's a real doctor. Not sure what that comment is about.
Old 11-21-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
I think Barings was making some meta-comment about how since the actress who plays CTB also appeared in some episodes of Big Love, House should recognize that the doctor he's hiring is an actress that he's seen on Big Love.
Old 11-22-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the time when those different pairs of panties were being passed around by the doctors, all I could think was "I hope they wash their hands before treating their patients".
Old 11-22-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay G.
I think Barings was making some meta-comment about how since the actress who plays CTB also appeared in some episodes of Big Love, House should recognize that the doctor he's hiring is an actress that he's seen on Big Love.
Ah, but on Big Love...she's also trained as a nurse. That's how she helped her husband Albi drug his Father.