Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

What can be done about a member harassing through pm?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 11-19-07, 04:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I'm not going to mention names or anything like that as i think that is against forum rules and all that, but for some reason i get pm's from a user that many believe to be a previously banned member. i had a trade go south with them and i have reported it, but i still get pm's without provocation.

i forwarded the pm's and reported certain posts, but don't know what else to do now.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I believe all you can do is just ignore them.

However, if you post their user name, we can all get sweet, sweet revenge.
Old 11-19-07, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I believe all you can do is just ignore them.

However, if you post their user name, we can all get sweet, sweet revenge.
i thought that was against forum policy?
Old 11-19-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I TOLD YOU THESE WERE "PRIVATE" MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!

You can simply ignore the function, like I do.
Old 11-19-07, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Toad
I TOLD YOU THESE WERE "PRIVATE" MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!

You can simply ignore the function, like I do.
yes, i know and i will, but the whole thing about them being previously banned and all just irks me.
Old 11-19-07, 06:00 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
i forwarded the pm's and reported certain posts, but don't know what else to do now.
If you have contacted an admin I'm not sure that there is anything else to be done that wasn't already mentioned.
Old 11-20-07, 05:23 AM
Banned

I am the member he is talking about. This member was harassing me for quite some time thru regular email and this message system and nothing was done to stop it, I had to block all incoming email from him, but he created new email accounts and still continued to harass me. Now I make it a point to alert any potential traders about his scam. Since the good and bad trader list no longer works I don't know what else to do. How else can you warn traders about a bad trader? He had no problem posting threads with my name about the bad trade before.

Last edited by JLBkret; 11-20-07 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-20-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does PMing him warn other traders?
Old 11-20-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish I had as much free time as you guys.
Old 11-20-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JLBkret
I am the member he is talking about. This member was harassing me for quite some time thru regular email and this message system and nothing was done to stop it, I had to block all incoming email from him, but he created new email accounts and still continued to harass me. Now I make it a point to alert any potential traders about his scam. Since the good and bad trader list no longer works I don't know what else to do. How else can you warn traders about a bad trader? He had no problem posting threads with my name about the bad trade before.
I'd be very curious to hear the OP's response to this, although I have my doubts that a 5 year member who has achieved HOF status is running a scam here.
Old 11-20-07, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
Somebody should update this thread:

The "Questions from scott1598" Compendium Thread
Old 11-20-07, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I'd be very curious to hear the OP's response to this, although I have my doubts that a 5 year member who has achieved HOF status is running a scam here.
well first, i never posted a thread or post using this members actual name. in fact, this is the only thread i started about the subject and as you can see i did not post a user name to defame anyone as i know that is against forum policy. she kept sending me pm's out of the blue with no provocation or anything. i pm'd the admins to the situation and that was it with no replies back to the member.

as far as this "scam" i have no idea what this is about. i am now a "gold trader" and have had nothing but good things back and forth with members.

we did a trade where i paid a nice sum for a rare dvd and sent a dvd set of mine to her as part of it. there was a dent on the dvd i was sent and that was not disclosed in e-mails prior to deal. i sent an e-mail to the member with the pics and wanted a refund with me sending back the dvd. that was not accepted, i got a very small refund back and that was it for me. i was fine with it and didn't have anymore communication since.

then i get these pm's and e-mails all of a sudden commenting on my posts in totally unrelated threads. i didn't even respond once and just sent the e-mails/pm's to mods and that was it.

a longtime member, xage, actually alerted me that this was a previously banned member. i had no idea but he was able to prove it using his rather genius methods. of course it is very hard to track the changing of ip addresses or whatever was done, but xage knew, alerted me and i then alerted mods.

that's it. i would hope this thread gets closed as nothing more really needs to be said or done. any further questions or comments please feel free to e-mail if you do have a potential trade still pending with this member.

Last edited by OldBoy; 11-20-07 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-21-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Cow
Somebody should update this thread:

The "Questions from scott1598" Compendium Thread
Done.