TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice -- cast announced [MERGED]

Old 10-19-07, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Celebrity Apprentice -- cast announced [MERGED]

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/19/the-ce...oure-revealed/

Posted Oct 19th 2007 12:27PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: TV

NBC's been doing everything they can to keep these names under wraps, but TMZ has learned several of the boldfaced names who are vying to be Donald Trump's bitch on the upcoming "Celebrity Apprentice."

FilmMagic
Omarosa

FilmMagic
Lennox Lewis

TMZ.com
Gene Simmons

TMZ.com
Tito Ortiz

FilmMagic
Stephen Baldwin

FilmMagic
Carol Alt

FilmMagic
Vinny Pastori

FilmMagic
John Cena

TMZ.com
Marilu Henner

Chris
Old 10-19-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
TMZ also reported the cast of Dancing With The Stars a week before ABC did. And they got over half of those wrong.
Old 10-19-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
If that's the cast of the "Celebrity" Apprentice, then I am officially done with that show.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-19-07 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-19-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Does Gene Simmons and his lips count as 1 or 2 contestants?
Old 10-19-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts
Dammit...if Gene's on I have to watch this show no matter how much I don't want to. When does it air?
Old 10-19-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Those pictures are hilarious.
Old 10-19-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please NO MORE AMOROSA!!
Old 10-19-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's funny that Gene Simmons would be on, since he thinks of himself in the same league as Trump as a businessman, as anyone that has every watched his reality show can attest to.
Old 10-19-07, 01:44 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
Lennox Lewis would be the only reason I would watch that show.
Old 10-19-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Marilu Henner she isn't even relevant today... no drug problems nothing
Old 10-19-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,159 Likes on 2,035 Posts
I'm still waiting for you to reveal the "celebrities"
Old 10-19-07, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
TMZ also reported the cast of Dancing With The Stars a week before ABC did. And they got over half of those wrong.
That was my fault for posting that. I didn't check with my inside 'sources' before I posted that!

And actually they are already filming the show on the streets of New York today.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/19/trumps...it-on-the-job/

Trump's Apprentices Doggin' It on the Job

Posted Oct 19th 2007 2:20PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: TV

TMZ just revealed some of the stars who will populating the celeb edition of "The Apprentice," and just moments ago -- whaddya know! -- caught them in the middle of a challenge, selling hot dogs on the streets of New York! And NBC wasn't happy to see our cameras there.

While Lennox Lewis, Gene Simmons and Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore tried to get passersby to stop at their cart, John Cena and Stephen Baldwin dished out the wieners to what looked like happy (albeit bewildered) customers. People seemed a lot more interested in chilling with the celebs than in a dirty water dog.

When TMZ got there, production goons did everything they could to block our shot -- which just seemed ridiculous, considering that a huge crowd of people was already gawking.
Chris
Old 10-19-07, 05:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sadly that's probably a better lineup of 'celebrities' than Dancing with the Stars has ever had. At least I can say I recognized every one of those names at first glance, whereas with DwtS I always have to look half of them up on Wikipedia when they announce the cast.
Old 10-19-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That list if accurate is nauseating, and I wouldnt watch one episode of it.
Old 10-19-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't see any celebrities on the list.

Seriously, if those are the "celebrities" we have to offer on TV today, I am glad shows like Match Game and Hollywood Squares are off the air.
Old 10-20-07, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
It's funny that Gene Simmons would be on, since he thinks of himself in the same league as Trump as a businessman, as anyone that has every watched his reality show can attest to.
Yeah, I don’t understand why Gene is participating in this. I mean, he thinks he’s a god & I’m sure he thinks that he’s more popular than Donald Trump; doesn’t make sense.

I agree that Celebrity Apprentice has bigger name stars than Dancing with the Stars has ever had. I don’t watch DWTS but whenever I see who’s participating; half of them I’ve never heard of & the other half haven’t done anything in the last 10 years.

This show (like the last season of The Apprentice) is going to get terrible rating IMO.
Old 10-20-07, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
If that's the cast of the "Celebrity" Apprentice, then I am officially done with that show.
Whether that's the cast or not, I'm officially done. If the show has to resort to "celebrities" than it's done. I enjoyed the first season (watched on dvd), but the last couple of seasons really haven't been that good.

Plus, I got pissed when Trump fired that white guy who called himself white trash, and then sent the winning team to see Snoop Dogg.
Old 10-20-07, 06:07 PM
Banned

Instead of Lennox Lewis they should have Floyd Mayweather Sr. on the show. That would lead to hilarious situations.

Old 10-20-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That looks like a lineup for Surreal Life. As for why Gene would do it, it would add to his pile of cash.
Old 11-19-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Celebrity Apprentice -- cast announced

`Celebrity Apprentice' Stars Announced
By FRAZIER MOORE – 38 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — At a locked-down news conference in Manhattan last month, the cast for "Celebrity Apprentice" was introduced to members of the press. Everyone was sworn to secrecy.

Now the secret can be told, says NBC, which made public Monday the names of the cast members.

Not that they needed any introduction. Not all of them, anyway.

Not Omarosa, remembered for making everybody mad as a contestant on the first "Apprentice" season in 2004.

Why did Omarosa agree to come back?

"I did it for redemption," she told reporters.

Vincent Pastore (aka "Big Pussy" from "The Sopranos") was also instantly recognizable.

So was Stephen Baldwin, who explained his participation by noting he already had "done a bunch of reality ... I thought it would be fun to play the game."

Likewise Gene Simmons of Kiss, star of his own reality series and unabashed self-marketer.

"I'm in the Gene Simmons business," he said, so doing "The Apprentice" can only help promote his many other ventures. "Everything helps everything."

But others on hand did need a bit of introduction.

Like Nely Galan, former entertainment president of the Telemundo network and executive producer (and "life coach") of "The Swan," an extreme makeover program that aired on Fox a few years back.

Or the vaguely familiar-looking woman introduced as Marilu Henner, best-known from the sitcom "Taxi" a quarter-century ago.

The 14 celebrities won't be vying for a job with Donald Trump, as in the previous six "Apprentice" seasons, but instead will compete in business-oriented tasks around New York City to raise money for their favorite charities. The official "Celebrity Apprentice" will win a $250,000 bonus to donate.

Tasks will be judged in the boardroom by executive producer-host Trump and his advisers, including, once again, his children/colleagues Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.

As they met with the press in mid-October, the gathered rivals were set to face their first challenge the next day, when taping began. The show debuts Jan. 3.

Cast members for this rejiggered "Apprentice" — which in the past relied on scrappy, ambitious star-wannabes — were selected from a field of some 125 celebrity applicants, Trump told reporters.

"They were all begging to be on the show," he said. "The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14."

One deciding factor: Each of the chosen has had experience in business, Trump said. "These people have all done something very dramatic with money."

Can they do it again, with cameras watching every move?

Actress-model Carol Alt acknowledged some initial nervousness.

"They're going to follow us in real time and that's scary, of course," she said. "I think with most all of us, we want control of our image — it's part of the work that we do."

Galan echoed Alt's trepidation.

"I've produced reality shows," Galan said. "To be on the other side is a little creepy. It's my karmic boomerang."

Other cast members include country music star Trace Adkins, Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Nadia Comaneci, Playboy Playmate of the Year Tiffany Fallon, Olympic softball gold medalist Jennie Finch, heavyweight boxing champ Lennox Lewis, "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan and Ultimate Fighting Champion Tito Ortiz.
Old 11-19-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
I'm done with The Apprentice. It had a good run and there was some solid winners. This incarnation sounds like the worst idea ever.
Old 11-19-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm done with The Apprentice. It had a good run and there was some solid winners. This incarnation sounds like the worst idea ever.
Agreed, not so interested in this one. Sounds like fun, but no thanks.
Old 11-19-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
I'm "in" as long as Gene Simmons is still in there.
Old 11-19-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll watch at least the first episode.
Old 11-19-07, 09:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I'll watch at least the first episode.

Ditto, if the Writer's Strike lingers may be forced to watch this more than once.

has a chance to be good train wreck tv though

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.