Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Google checkout bonus (amount varies per account..)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 08:38 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

(Amount varies) I received one email like this.
Get a head start on your holiday shopping and earn a $20 shopping bonus from Google Checkout. Just shop at two eligible stores and use Google Checkout to make a purchase of $20 or more at each store (before tax and shipping). Complete your purchases before November 30, 2007 and we'll send* you a $20 shopping bonus that you can use on your next purchase. Finding eligible stores is easy – just use Google Product Search and look for the Google Checkout image

Bonus is valid for orders of $20 or more (before shipping and tax) and is only available at Product Search stores that display Google Checkout image

Last edited by g; 11-08-07 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-08-07, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The amount varies per Google Checkout account. My e-mail says:

Get a head start on your holiday shopping and earn a $5 shopping bonus from Google Checkout. Just shop at an eligible store and use Google Checkout to make a purchase of $20 or more (before tax and shipping). Complete your purchase before November 30, 2007 and we'll send* you a $5 shopping bonus that you can use on your next purchase.
Old 11-08-07, 08:55 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
I didn't realize it varies. I received only 1 email to one of my accounts. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-08-07, 11:26 PM

of my various accounts... i've aquired through the year, i've recieved this deal in amounts of $5, $10, and $20... with $10 being the most common... not all accounts get it... it looks as though this is a test to see what works the best... the qualifier kills the deal for me though... you need to spend $20 at two paricipating stores... i only desire one store... and even at best... getting $20 back for spending 40$ is really only a 33% swing... if it were spend $40 at one retailer, it could work nice - ie. buy a box set get a free disc later... but i wont utilize this deal at all...
Old 12-09-07, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so i'm trying to use gco over at buy.com using a virtual card number from my discover card and they keep cancelling on me. i got it to work one time but nada since the first one.

i'm using different email address each time and the virtual card number should fit the new card profile. what am i doing wrong?
Old 12-09-07, 02:39 PM
Banned

I've never received these e-mails for my Google checkout. And I actually have an account I've used several times at the beginning of GCO.
Old 12-09-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
I never received it either. Maybe I did not buy enough last year with the coupons or bought too much. Not sure if I would use it anyway. Seems like you need to buy 40 worth of stuff to get a 20 off coupon for later (that might have a minimum amount).
Old 12-09-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so you can use this coupon even if you've already bought using GCO b4?