Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lions for Lambs the Worst Movie Ever Made

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-07-07, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it last night and I'm just warning everyone here. It was so bad it made me very angry. Not angry about politics, but angry that the film states false facts as facts munipulating the audience. It was pure propoganda. If anyone really wants specifics I'll put them down but I'm tired of even thinking about this movie. I really think this is the worst movie ever made. And I have seen a lot of them.
Old 11-07-07, 02:54 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by dlinke01
that the film states false facts as facts munipulating the audience. It was pure propoganda.
Is it supposed to be based on fact?
Old 11-07-07, 02:57 PM
Banned

I wanted to see this but i figured it wont be saying anything new. Yes the War is and Evil war brought about by evil men for evil reasons. OK, you are going to either going to be preaching to the converted or having your message fall on deaf ears.
Regardless of this i think a good movie is a good movie regardless of politics or own personal beliefs (i.e. I am a big fan of The last Temptation of Christ even though I couldn't be any less religious, or I enjoy some of the old pro par John Wayne, Fonda, Heston films even though I dont agree with all the politics in them.).

Also another big reason I won't be seeing this is that it's only 90 minutes long. I love Cruise, Redford and Streep but with that run time I am going to have to wait until it hits the bargain theatres or DVD.
Old 11-07-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone really wants specifics I'll put them down but I'm tired of even thinking about this movie. I really think this is the worst movie ever made. And I have seen a lot of them.
I'd like to know more about why you think it's the worst movie ever made. Is it just because of the subject matter, or how its presented? I'm assuming you don't mean its bad technically (music, set design, cinematography, etc.) What are some these false facts as facts you speak of?
Old 11-07-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
Is it supposed to be based on fact?
From what I've read, it's a work of fiction built around real events and places (the war in Afghanistan)...but it's still a work of fiction. Therefore, who gives a rat's royal rectum if it's not totally factual? I say enjoy the story for what it is, unless, like CharlieK said, you have a problem with some other aspect of the film.
Old 11-07-07, 03:28 PM

The thread starter makes me want to see it even more.
Old 11-07-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Just like the other political movies of late, few folks will turn out for this one. It looks like a rental at best.
Old 11-07-07, 03:33 PM

It doesn't help that the studio is essentially dumping the movie.
Old 11-07-07, 03:38 PM

It's terrible with all the technical methods used, everything you listed were just terrible. But the reason why it is so bad is because they make their point endlessly "right" but only through false facts. The prime example of this is Meryl Streep's character says that this current war has taken 6 years, while World War 2 only took 4 years. This is just preying on people's ignorance. World War 2 lasted 6 years of pure combat, but that doesn't even include when Hitler was taking the Rhineland, or when the Japanese invaded Manchuria. They also never say how to fix the current situation. In World War 2 it took 2 nuclear weapons and 50 million lives to end it, and that still didn't make everything better in the war torn parts of the world. The US was in Europe for YEARS after WW2. Then the only real answer the movie gives is that to be the bravest possible person, all you have to do is watch the news. I'm not even exagerating.

Another thing. The only really righteous people in the film were the two soldiers. They are not righteous because they fight (that is in the eye of the beholder), but they are objectively righteous of what they say pryior in the film. They talk about getting engaged in the world. What they say is quite powerful. But the film murders them off like nothing I have ever seen. The film really says that if you think that fighting in this war is honorable, then you deserve to be killed. It literally says that. This film is truly propoganda. I don't even think Michael Moore is propoganda. But this truly preys on the ignorant and makes you believe in all the basic lies they hold as the truth.

The makers of this movie spun a web that will really hurt not only this nation but the well-being of every nation. By saying that this war is worse and more hateful than WW2, we are just going to repeat the past.

(If I misspelled anything, sorry, I was typing fast.)
Old 11-07-07, 03:42 PM

The prime example of this is Meryl Streep's character says that this current war has taken 6 years, while World War 2 only took 4 years. This is just preying on people's ignorance. World War 2 lasted 6 years of pure combat, but that doesn't even include when Hitler was taking the Rhineland, or when the Japanese invaded Manchuria.
The US did not get involved until 1941.
Old 11-07-07, 03:46 PM

But that is not the only people fighting the war. So we are the only lives that matter, or make the war official. That is ridiculous. Plus if we didn't drop the bomb that war would have been much longer for the US. Do you think we should drop the bomb on that desert? I hope you don't.
Old 11-07-07, 03:49 PM

That's not what I'm saying. What she was saying is that it took the United States four years. What don't you understand about that?
Old 11-07-07, 03:52 PM

That's not what she is saying. Go see the movie. She is saying that we fixed that problem in four years, and that this current conflict in Iraq is worse than the second world war. That is propagated stupidity aimed at the uneducated. There's no way we could have put a time limit on World War 2. She's saying that we should in this war. And she is comparing the two, that is her problem, the filmmaker's problem; and I'm not even saying the two conflicts are similar, they are. If the US wanted to end this war tomorrow we would just drop the bomb. But preaching peace is more important to this world, then our actual motives.

Last edited by dlinke01; 11-07-07 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-07-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
It's currently 32% at Rotten Tomatoes, and want I find particularly amusing is that even the fresh reviews aren't very flattering.
Old 11-07-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
After hearing some of the dialogue... my God, truly awful... I particularly liked Cruise's "when did you become a windsock?"
Old 11-07-07, 04:02 PM

That's not what she is saying. Go see the movie. She is saying that we fixed that problem in four years, and that this current conflict in Iraq is worse than the second world war. That is propagated stupidity aimed at the uneducated. There's no way we could have put a time limit on World War 2. She's saying that we should in this war. And she is comparing the two, that is her problem, the filmmaker's problem; and I'm not even saying the two conflicts are similar, they are. If the US wanted to end this war tomorrow we would just drop the bomb. But preaching peace is more important to this world, then our actual motives.
You make little to no sense yourself.
Old 11-07-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna support the OP based on the fact that he's not wm lopez.
Old 11-07-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how it was used, but the argument about "length of wars" as a barometer of wars is ridicoulous on its face.

Anywhere between 50 MILLION and 72 MILLION died in WW2...according to Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

The U.S. itself lost 407,000 military people alone - and it didn't even have to invade the Japanese mainland, where projections of military deaths were astronomical.
Old 11-07-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Worse than Superbabies 2? I find that hard to believe.....
Old 11-07-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I'm gonna support the OP based on the fact that he's not wm lopez.
Old 11-07-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

don't believe the negative vibe this movie is getting.it's not great but it's GOOD.alot of ppl are pissed about its direct appoach and i say what's wrong with direct?!

good movie that raises very good questions.it's going to be a big hit in the international market but it will be a big flop in the US because simply the majoriy of americans don't like to face their truth not to mention the movie doesn't have Eddie Murphy or zombies.7/10

Last edited by animatedude; 11-07-07 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-07-07, 05:28 PM
Suspended

Funny i have a free pass to go to a screening tonight and I'm debating whether to go not. I'm prob gonna pass.
Old 11-07-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it true, that it's less than 90 mins long ?
Old 11-07-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's no such thing as "false facts." Facts, by definition, are true.

If this movie is getting the right-wing kooks all in a lather, I'm going to have to see it.
Old 11-07-07, 05:33 PM

That's my point. They are telling lies as truth. And these lies are common knowledge. Politics have nothing to do with these facts. But the way the filmmakers use them is completely political and munipulative. I saw it for free and I wish I passed on it. And yes it is less than 90 minutes long.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.