Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies in HD (via XBL)

The Bus
10-30-07, 10:19 PM
This doesn't really apply to the video game forum.

I just noticed that WB is putting up Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies shorts in HD on Xbox Live's download service. They're pretty well organized (by character) and was able to quickly find my all-time favorite (Duck Amuck).

Man, I really hope these hit HD DVD / BD soon. The one I sampled looked fantastic. I'll be getting a bunch more ASAP (especially any Bugs and Marvin the Martian ones).

Great great news. Anyone have any idea if these are coming on disc soon?

DthRdrX
10-30-07, 10:30 PM
Thats awesome Bus. I'm going to check this out tonight. Thanks.

JoeyOhhhh
10-30-07, 10:34 PM
Downloaded one of the "Hunter's Trilogy" the other night, looked really good.

Supermallet
10-31-07, 01:16 AM
I asked WB's VP of HD (enough acronyms for you?) about Looney Tunes and he said they won't be released until more families had players. :(

FantasticVSDoom
10-31-07, 07:11 AM
I asked WB's VP of HD (enough acronyms for you?) about Looney Tunes and he said they won't be released until more families had players. :(
Great, that means never :sad:

Spiderbite
10-31-07, 09:05 AM
That's great but can't you only rent them off XBL? It's a shame they don't attach to your box like the arcade games.

That's the only reason I haven't gotten any videos from them (and I would love to see South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in HD which they have).

The Bus
10-31-07, 09:51 AM
That's great but can't you only rent them off XBL? It's a shame they don't attach to your box like the arcade games.

That's the only reason I haven't gotten any videos from them (and I would love to see South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in HD which they have).

I'm pretty sure it's a purchase. TV shows can be purchased, movies are rental only.

bretski
10-31-07, 10:56 AM

Stupid logic.

Adults are a bigger market for Looney Toons than today's kids (although my kids love 'em as much as I do).

Michael Corvin
10-31-07, 11:21 AM
FYI, There is one episode that is free. I can't remember if the HD version was free as well.

gorgo99
10-31-07, 01:35 PM
There are 3, I believe, on the "Adventures of Robin Hood" HD-DVD, and they look amazing. Full 1080p, which is better than the 720p on Xbox Live.

However, BE SURE to download "What's Opera, Doc", since it's FREE!!!

Spiderbite
10-31-07, 01:59 PM
It must have been for a limited time only b/c "What's Opera, Doc" is showing that it costs 140 points. Hate I missed it. :(