TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Bang Theory 10/29/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Big Bang Theory 10/29/07

The Halloween episode.

I thought it had some good sight gags (4 Flashes), and decent banter between nerd and knuckledragger, and a sweet kiss by a tipsy Penny and Leonard.

Good to see Koothrappali get the last scene in.
Old 10-29-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Doppler Effect" was, by far, one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while.

"We could go in a row and appear to be one person going really fast."

"By Oden's beard this is good Chex Mix!"

This has turned out to be the surprise of the fall season for me. Aside from the socially inept virtues the group as a whole seem to exhibit, this show essentially represents myself. From the conversations to the jokes to the overall feel of the show, I am an amalgamation of the parts.

Only I am slightly better with women.

Slighty.

Sort of.

Not really.
Old 10-29-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's how we roll in the shire.
Old 10-30-07, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Pretty funny episode. I enjoy this show too but as expected the over-the-top nerdiness of the group is kind of getting stale. Its still good enough for me to Tivo and watch once a week but its nothing special.
Old 10-30-07, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For some reason my DVR didn't record this one so I guess I'll have to watch it on the CBS website tomorrow. Second week in a row I won't get to see it in HD since there was some issue with the local affiliate's signal last week.
Old 10-30-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check the time since daylight savings time got pushed back a week? I set my DVD recorder for Raw put forgot to check what time it was on the machine. When i checked it at 9:30 my recorder said 8:30 and I missed the first half hour.

Bob
Old 10-30-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Count me in as another one who thinks this is the surprise of the season... I really wish they would have more scenes with Penny and the guys though. But I do dig this show alot.
Old 10-30-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Count me in as another one who thinks this is the surprise of the season... I really wish they would have more scenes with Penny and the guys though. But I do dig this show alot.
I also agree that it's been the surprise of the new season for me... the only new show I watch this year. I would also like to see more Penny, and I know the show isn't realistic, but forcing Penny, a hot chick, into too many scenes with the nerd clan would make the show feel forced. I think it's pretty good with them occasionally hanging out with her/running into her like the party, at the restaurant, etc.