TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Sin City" -- 10/25/07

Old 10-25-07, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Supernatural -- "Sin City" -- 10/25/07

"Sin City"
Spoiler:
The brothers investigate a town where the citizens have turned to drinking and gambling. Meanwhile Bobby gets an unexpected ally as he attempts to rebuild the Colt.

First Aired: Thursday October 25, 2007
Old 10-25-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring it on!
Old 10-25-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Grrr. That reminds me I still need to watch last week's online since my TiVo decided to stop recording 15 minutes into last week's episode!
Old 10-25-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish they'd just make Bobby a full fledged cast member. He's got to be one of my favorite characters.

Can't wait! This season has started off really well and I hope tonight continues that streak.
Old 10-25-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Good episode. Nice that they got the Colt working again. And I wonder what are they building up to with Sam's story?
Old 10-25-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
I don't know why the colt all of a sudden wasn't working. Dean used the last bullet in the season finale last year. The only thing they need to figure out was how to make the demon killing bullets, but Ruby came along and helped Bobby with that.
Old 10-25-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I don't know why the colt all of a sudden wasn't working. Dean used the last bullet in the season finale last year. The only thing they need to figure out was how to make the demon killing bullets, but Ruby came along and helped Bobby with that.
The way I understood it was the bullets and the gun were made together by Colt as a demon killer (actually "anything" killer). Since they were out of the special bullets, I think Bobby was taking the gun itself apart to try to figure out how it worked differently from a regular gun. Once Bobby could figure the special gun itself out, then he possibly would be able to work backwards and also figure out how to make the special bullets as well. (But then "Good" Hot Demon Girl came along and saved him all that effort.)
Old 10-26-07, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac
Good episode. Nice that they got the Colt working again. And I wonder what are they building up to with Sam's story?
Perhaps making him do progressively awful things to tarnish his soul in a quest to free his brother, in the end becoming so twisted as to lead the demon hordes. At least that's my guess as to demon chick's evil plan.
Old 10-26-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Maybe she's helping to eliminate the other demons so she could be in charge of the army?
Old 10-26-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked this episode. I wish they had moved the first part along a little faster and had most of the episode be Dean and the trapped demon. I'm still not clear on what their demon mythos is.

I think they were trying to suggest that the demon chick was Lucifer with her final line "a little fallen angel on your shoulder".
Old 10-27-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Holy crap that girl Dean was stuck in the basement with was smokin.
Old 10-27-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Has there ever been a time when the women were not smokin hot, afterall it is the CW everyone has to be pretty.
Old 10-28-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
I liked this episode. I wish they had moved the first part along a little faster and had most of the episode be Dean and the trapped demon. I'm still not clear on what their demon mythos is.

I think they were trying to suggest that the demon chick was Lucifer with her final line "a little fallen angel on your shoulder".
I strongly agree. My guess is the big reveal will be that the devil is...the demon woman and she's trying to corrupt Sam. It wouldn't surprise me either if the writers try to have some romantic entanglement between them eventually.
Old 10-28-07, 02:38 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
anaother good ep, this show rocks
Old 10-29-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yeah, good ep.

While I won't disagree with the thought that she's trying to subtly corrupt Sam, my initial thinking is that she's trying to "thin the herd" a little. Reinforced by the tale about how killing yellow-eyes turned a good plan into chaos. So now there's chaos and maybe all the demons are fighting each other too to be the one in charge. So she's got hunters that she helps out who in turn help her thin out the demon ranks a bit.
Old 10-29-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has turned into the show I look forward to the most this season. I really like where they are going with the show
Old 10-29-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'd like to see her (Sasha Barrese) in a Wonder Woman costume, she could fill the bill in terms of casting that part.

Last edited by Patman; 10-29-07 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-29-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
I wish they'd just make Bobby a full fledged cast member. He's got to be one of my favorite characters.
Me too. Bobby's the hero for the regular guy(gal) - proving you don't have to be a model-beautiful 20-something with abs of steel to kick demon butt

Though I think this show works best with the dynamic of just the 2 brothers being in every episode. If they ever drop that and go to a full-fledged monster hunting team, that'll probably be a "jump the shark" moment for the show.