Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Real Addresses of Movie Locations - Halloween Edition

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Anybody live near someplace famous?
Anybody live near a movie haunted house?

The Poltergeist House - 4267 Roxbury St. · Simi Valley, CA

http://www.bigwaste.com/photos/ca/poltergeist/

Halloween House - Michael Myers' House - 1000 Mission Street (moved next to railroad tracks away from its original location 707 Meridian Avene)

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Location...sePhoto1.shtml

Jaws House - Chief Brody's House -

http://movies.ign.com/articles/035/035969p1.html
Old 10-22-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Closest I ever lived to a somewhat spooky location was in Mono Lake. High Plains Drifter Town. Always went out there to see if I could find some pieces of "Red Wood" laying around.
Old 10-22-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Exorcist house is somewhere in Georgetown, DC

BWP is the woods of Maryland.
Old 10-22-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
112 Ocean Avenue
Amityville, NY
Suffolk County

I never went to it but I've been in Amityville (had to get off the Southern State a bit early due to traffic).
Old 10-22-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
BWP is the woods of Maryland.
I used to camp a lot in Maryland so it was both a bit eerie to see woods that were so familiar but also a bit ridiculous that they couldn't find their way around.
Old 10-22-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
112 Ocean Avenue
Amityville, NY
Suffolk County

I never went to it but I've been in Amityville (had to get off the Southern State a bit early due to traffic).
From what I've heard, the owners of the house got so tired of people coming around to see it that they completely redesigned the house. Now it doesn't look anything like it used to.

I live about an hour away from The Sanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. Stephen King wrote some of the Shining there and The Shining miniseries was filmed there as well. Not Kubrick's version though.
Old 10-22-07, 02:52 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Exorcist house is somewhere in Georgetown, DC
I searched for that house when I was in DC a few years back (and snapped a few pics). It's on or near Prospect St. (iirc). The staircase is pretty close as well.
Old 10-22-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
I searched for that house when I was in DC a few years back (and snapped a few pics). It's on or near Prospect St. (iirc). The staircase is pretty close as well.

I saw the Exorcist steps too...

Can you imagine slipping on a sheet of ice on those steps? Break your back REAL good.
Old 10-22-07, 03:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I grew up a few towns next to Danvers, MA ... and the old state mental hospital where "Session 9" was filmed.
Old 10-22-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Offhand, here are a couple of movies that were filmed in my town, with locations familiar to me.

The original Black Christmas (1974):
-The main house is at 6 Clarendon Cres., Toronto: link to Google Maps House is the one directly in the middle, on east side of street, two houses in from the street to the north. It has been thoroughly renovated in recent years and is unrecognizable from its appearance in the movie.
-The scene with Mr. Harrison waiting for Claire and being hit in the face with a snowball was filmed on the south side of the University of Toronto clock tower: link
-Briefly seen police station exterior was filmed at Main/Swanwick in the east end: link
-Not certain about this one, but I think the scene near the end with search party convening in the park was filmed in Riverdale Park East:link
-I think the scenes surrounding Peter's piano recitals were filmed at the Royal Conservatory of Music on Croatia St.: link

Class of 1984 (1982):
-The school is Central Tech at 725 Bathurst St., Toronto: link
-The punk-rock club where Stegman's crew hung out, the alley where Norris and Corrigan were assaulted, and the street where Corrigan died in the car crash; all were filmed on a small stretch of Elm St. just west of Yonge St.: link
-The scene of the faculty picnic was Ashbridges Bay Park, around here: link
-I do not know the location of the house where Norris and his wife lived, nor the apartment building where Norris paid Stegman a visit and trashed his car.

Prom Night (1980):
-The school seen in the film is Don Mills Collegiate at 15 The Donway E., Toronto: link
-The cliffs seen in some scenes, such as the one in which the fat kid dies, are the Scarborough Bluffs: link
-I don't know the location of the abandoned house from the opening scene, or the location of the neighbourhood where all the kids live.

Last edited by Norm de Plume; 10-23-07 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-23-07, 06:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been to the Monroeville Mall (both during the day and at night) in Monroeville, PA, where the original "Dawn Of The Dead" was filmed. It was creepy and cool fun simultaneously.