Heroes -- "Fight Or Flight" -- 10.22.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Fight Or Flight"

In Ireland, a lost Hero attempts to move beyond the past, but discovers that a mysterious woman, Elle, is willing to kill to find him. Matt and an unexpected ally fly to Philadelphia to hunt down the "boogyman," following his terrible attack on Molly, but the pair finds themselves outmatched. Monica tries to come to terms with her new abilities and her role as a local hero. Suresh meets his new partner and gets a disturbing assignment. H.R.G. takes a step to further protect his family. Meanwhile, as Hiro continues to fix the past in feudal Japan, Ando attempts to piece together historically what's happened to his best friend.

Sure hope we see more of this...
Spoiler:
Okay...i'm just kidding. Just thought you guys might like to see it.
Old 10-22-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but what we all want to see is this
Spoiler:
that is unless
Spoiler:
they make the reveal of her like 10 seconds before 10pm.
Old 10-22-07, 02:02 AM

Can't Wait... fortunately thanks to the date in the thread title, it appears I don't have to.
Old 10-22-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Just a little something to blow your minds...

Spoiler:

http://trent.blogspot.com/2007/10/wild-n-out-doors.html

Hayden Panettiere and her new BFF Kristin Bell were both on hand at the Saks Fifth Avenue cocktail party at S Bar for Christian Louboutin (and his faboo shoes) in Hollywood yesterday ... and the girls just couldn't stand to be more than 2 feet apart from one another at all times:

Click for a picture.

You can almost see their heart breaking when they had to be apart on the red carpet. I don't know about you but this looks like a life-long friendship to me.

"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 10-22-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks to be a good episode.

Nice pics of Hayden.
Old 10-22-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
What's up with the wrong date in the title?
Old 10-22-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice pics.
Old 10-22-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the whole reason i started watching heroes culminates tonight: KRISTEN BELL!
Old 10-22-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Kristen Bell is on Heroes now. WTF! Adding this to the DVR.
Old 10-22-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by starseed1981
You may want to catch up on old episodes first.
Old 10-22-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't get it. People complain that there are too many characters already and lament all the additions but all that goes away if they like the actor? I sure can't wait to see what the big deal about this chick is. For me it's just another Heroes character.

I'm more interested in Matt's quest and Sylar's trip with the Wonder Twins right now.
Old 10-22-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I'm intrigued to see what they will do with Kristen Bell's character to an already overloaded cast.

Hopefully Hiro will have some significant screen time this week.
Old 10-22-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Have you watched Heroes before? If your watching it just for her, your probably not going to have a fucking clue what's going on tonight with the other storylines let alone her introduction to the show.
Old 10-22-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
I don't get it. People complain that there are too many characters already and lament all the additions but all that goes away if they like the actor? I sure can't wait to see what the big deal about this chick is. For me it's just another Heroes character.

I'm more interested in Matt's quest and Sylar's trip with the Wonder Twins right now.
I'm with you.

If past threads have taught me anything, Heroes fans are a fickle bunch, constantly threatening to give up on the show yet still find their way into these threads and comment on the show they've supposedly given up on.
Old 10-22-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kristen Bell is so overrated. She is cute and all, but I don't get the big deal.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 10-22-07 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Kristen Bell is so overrated. She is cute and all, but I don't get the big deal.
Agree totally.
Old 10-22-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Just a little something to blow your minds...

Spoiler:

http://trent.blogspot.com/2007/10/wild-n-out-doors.html

Hayden Panettiere and her new BFF Kristin Bell were both on hand at the Saks Fifth Avenue cocktail party at S Bar for Christian Louboutin (and his faboo shoes) in Hollywood yesterday ... and the girls just couldn't stand to be more than 2 feet apart from one another at all times:

Click for a picture.

You can almost see their heart breaking when they had to be apart on the red carpet. I don't know about you but this looks like a life-long friendship to me.

"I'll be in my bunk."
I'm gonna come off like a retard but what does bff stand for?
Old 10-22-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My bff Rose.
Old 10-22-07, 05:22 PM

Did you guys regularly watch Veronica Mars?

If no, no wonder.

If yes, GAAYY..

j/k

I think it's more personality than anything. She is cute but it's more than that.
Old 10-22-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I can't tell you. It's NSFW.
Old 10-22-07, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I am the only person on this Earth who didn't like Veronica Mars. I bought the first season and tried multiple times to get into it, but just couldn't. With that said I think Bell is a fince actress and I'm looking forward to her debut tonight.

Last edited by Eric D.; 10-22-07 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I think it's "best friend forever" or something lame like that.
Old 10-22-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan
Did you guys regularly watch Veronica Mars?

If no, no wonder.

If yes, GAAYY..

j/k

I think it's more personality than anything. She is cute but it's more than that.
Nope. I sure didn't watch Veronica Mars. I tried to watch it a couple times, but it was not my cup of tea at all.

I don't see how you could chalk it up to personality, either. Maybe just for that particular character, but how would that explain the legions of people salivating over her regardless of what show she is on or what character she is playing? Isn't her personality dependant on that?

If you go on looks alone, she is nothing special. Cute, but really a cookie cutter dime a dozen blonde chick. Her face looks pretty plain to me, too. Is it the nerd appeal of VM that makes people pump her up?
Old 10-22-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nope. I sure didn't watch Veronica Mars. I tried to watch it a couple times, but it was not my cup of tea at all.

I don't see how you could chalk it up to personality, either. Maybe just for that particular character, but how would that explain the legions of people salivating over her regardless of what show she is on or what character she is playing? Isn't her personality dependant on that?

If you go on looks alone, she is nothing special. Cute, but really a cookie cutter dime a dozen blonde chick. Her face looks pretty plain to me, too. Is it the nerd appeal of VM that makes people pump her up?
this is an interview from entertainment weekly which sums up my (and the thousands of vm nerds alike as to her appeal.)
I put the Heroes related stuff in tags
If playing Veronica Mars for three years didn't solidify her placement at the center of the geek universe, then this surely will: Kristen Bell will appear on NBC's Heroes this fall for a multi-episode arc. ''Saying you're a nerd is now the cool thing to do,'' notes Bell, 27, who also plays a Star Wars fanatic in Fanboys (out January 2008) and headlines next summer's Forgetting Sarah Marshall, from producer Judd Apatow. ''The fansites are obsessed with her.... It's [her] very approachable charm,'' explains Fanboys director Kyle Newman. Quips Marshall co-producer Rodney Rothman, ''I guess she's cornered the market on losers. The girl's got chops, man.'' And she can also speak for herself. Without further ado...

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What's life been like since Mars?
KRISTEN BELL: Right after Veronica Mars wrapped [in April], I left for Hawaii [to film Marshall]. I was on cloud nine, obviously, because I was getting to work with Judd Apatow's group. I'd really wanted to be a part of that very small pool of lucky actors.

What's the film about?
It is about a guy whose girlfriend breaks up with him, and they'd [had] this trip planned for Hawaii and neither of them thinks the other is going to take advantage of it. So they [end] up in Hawaii; she's with her new boyfriend, and chaos ensues.

Sounds like it was a change from The CW.
I was knee-deep in improv. Being able to come up with my own stuff and [being asked], ''What would you like your character to do here?'' It was a lovely experience.

The Apatow films are doing really well. For a while, it was nothing but PG-13 comedies.
I have the mouth of a sailor. I have to remember not to drop F-bombs when I'm ordering my lunch. Nothing is supposed to be offensive about it, it's just meant to be real.

So tell us about Fanboys.
These Star Wars nerds drive cross-country to break into George Lucas' ranch and steal a print of [The Phantom Menace] so that their friend with a terminal illness can see it before it comes out.

You sort of have fanboys of your own. Are you happy about that?
I'm really flattered. I love nerds. Comic-Con junkies are the tastemakers of tomorrow. Isn't that funny? The tables have turned. They're a fiercely intelligent audience, which makes filmmakers want to please them. But I'm looking for the fangirl to come out of her shell a little, to be more accepted.

All right, you've held out long enough: What's up with Heroes?
I'm on a sugar high, to be totally honest. For me, starting a new project is kind of like switching high schools — that feeling of excitement and nerves. And because everyone is so nice and I know so many people involved, I feel like I'm switching high schools — but one that a lot of my friends have already transferred to.

You're kind of the go-to girl these days. You're also narrating The CW's fall drama Gossip Girl. And we hear that Lost was trying to scoop you up?
I'm flattered that I would even be considered for the other roles. [But] I was really excited when there was the prospect of working in town and on one of the best shows on television. There comes a point where I'd like to fall asleep in my own bed.

What can you tell us about your role?
Spoiler:

[Elle] comes in with a bang. She's a bit of a criminal in the beginning. I'm not even sure if they know whether she's going to be bad or good. She has a link to H.R.G. and Peter. She becomes integral to the mystery on the show.

Did you have to do a table read or go out and audition for the producers?
No, I didn't. Doesn't that feel like I'm on another planet? It's flattering. Everyone has the right to see actors audition [so] they get what's right for their projects. But when you have someone coming to you saying, ''I know you're right,'' it just makes you blush. I'm over the moon.

Additional reporting by Adam Markovitz
Old 10-22-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, so it is more of a geek thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.