Search this Thread

Old 10-21-07, 12:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Dexter - "See-Through" - 10/21/07

"See-Through"
Spoiler:
Dexter's Narcotics Anonymous sponsor threatens Rita; Dexter tries to throw the FBI agent off his trail.
Old 10-21-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like Lila, see seems very phony, maybe she's just a bad actress. I don't like that storyline either, and the scene in the tent felt very poorly written.

Other than that solid episode, I like what's going on otherwise, and it's very touch and go with Dexter, but I imagine he'll figure something out. I hope anyway.
Old 10-21-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I don't mind Lila, but that love triangle stuff in the office just kills the momentum of the show dead for me. Wish we got an hour of Dexter each week, instead of this scaling back to 53 minutes to make room for a 67 minute Brotherhood.
Old 10-21-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And what's up with showing a commercial for Brotherhood over the credits for Dexter? I expect this crap from standard cable, but not the premiums...
Old 10-21-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Darknite39
And what's up with showing a commercial for Brotherhood over the credits for Dexter? I expect this crap from standard cable, but not the premiums...
They're trying to capture the Dexter audience before they change the channel. That is also why they cut the break from between Dexter and Brotherhood
Old 10-22-07, 12:54 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Wish we got an hour of Dexter each week, instead of this scaling back to 53 minutes to make room for a 67 minute Brotherhood.
Dexter has always been between 50-60 minutes in length. They aren't cutting anything out of the show; they're only cutting out promos that would normally fill the gap between the end of Dexter and the start of the next hour. Brotherhood isn't any longer either; it runs about 50-60 minutes as well.

Pretty good episode, but too heavy on the non-Dexter related story lines for me (though, hopefully, it looks like the office politics/cheating fiancee plot is coming to an end).

Last edited by sb5; 10-22-07 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-22-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5
Dexter has always been between 50-60 minutes in length. They aren't cutting anything out of the show; they're only cutting out promos that would normally fill the gap between the end of Dexter and the start of the next hour. Brotherhood isn't any longer either; it runs about 50-60 minutes as well.

Pretty good episode, but too heavy on the non-Dexter related story lines for me (though, hopefully, it looks like the office politics/cheating fiancee plot is coming to an end).
Speaking of office sexual politics, I wonder if they just decided to drop the storyline of the Lt (the doctor lady from Oz) having the hots for Dexter. It certainly hasn't been alluded to this year.

As for Brotherhood, if they are going to show Donna from the West Wing in a...uh...compromising position in the first two minutes of every Brotherhood show then they start it when ever they want.
Old 10-22-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What was weird was that in both shows (Dexter and Desperate Hoursewives), the smell of clothing set women off in a search for infidelity.

Maria is one cold, calculating operator.

Deb and Lundy are kinda cute together in terms of relating to one another.

Dex and Lila could turn into a Bonnie and Clyde. I think Rita does have to worry about Lila, but Rita's mom was spot-on w/r/t Dexter.
Old 10-22-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
As for Brotherhood, if they are going to show Donna from the West Wing in a...uh...compromising position in the first two minutes of every Brotherhood show then they start it when ever they want.

Okay, I saw Donna in the promo, but didn't stick around (I'm considering Brotherhood as a DVD purchase but don't want to jump in midstream right now).

However, it being Showtime, the FCC-less possibilities did make me wonder... and now this comment from you has me even more intrigued... spill it!

(please )

-Doc
Old 10-22-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Okay, I saw Donna in the promo, but didn't stick around (I'm considering Brotherhood as a DVD purchase but don't want to jump in midstream right now).

However, it being Showtime, the FCC-less possibilities did make me wonder... and now this comment from you has me even more intrigued... spill it!

(please )

-Doc
Nothing really to spill. She did a nude sex scene.
Old 10-22-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Nothing really to spill. She did a nude sex scene.

That is much more than nothing, my friend. That is exactly what I was hoping for. Euphoria, I name thee, On-Demand.

-Doc
Old 10-22-07, 02:34 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you want specifics, she was naked on top of one of the lead characters, and you see her left breast. In the next scene you see her in underwear and a thin white tank top with no bra.
Old 10-22-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sb5
If you want specifics, she was naked on top of one of the lead characters, and you see her left breast. In the next scene you see her in underwear and a thin white tank top with no bra.

Hmm... gracias for the update. That will keep my expectations in check.

-Doc
Old 10-22-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Could someone start a Brotherhood thread and talk about the nekkidness in that thread?
Old 10-22-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really liked the episode. I'm glad they're not following the 2nd book very closely, although the introduction of Doak's "buddy" makes me think there might be some similarities.
The only minor plot line from the 2nd book I loved I know they will never have the balls to do. It was only a very minor plot point, but I'll spoilerize it just in case:
Spoiler:
Rita's kids (being damaged by their abusive dad) are potential serial killers. Dexter must decide whether to teach them Harry's code.

I just started the third book and I hate it so far. If ther series ever goes in the direction it looks like the book is going, I'll drop it like a hot potato.
Old 10-22-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Good episode but I'm not liking the Lila story line at all.
I'll repeat what I said last week: if anything sexual/romantic develops between her and Dexter it'll ruin the season for me. That would be so out of character for Dex.
Old 10-22-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
Good episode but I'm not liking the Lila story line at all.
I'll repeat what I said last week: if anything sexual/romantic develops between her and Dexter it'll ruin the season for me. That would be so out of character for Dex.
I don't think he realizes yet that she bugs Rita.
Old 10-22-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gunde
if anything sexual/romantic develops between her and Dexter it'll ruin the season for me. That would be so out of character for Dex.
I don't think it would though, since Dexter feels that Lila sees the real him and isn't horrified... no one (apart from Harry) has ever seen that side of him and connected with it...so I don't think it would be a huge stretch for him to finally ENJOY sex for once - because it's a different experience because she views him differently than the rest of the world.

Great episode overall, except the Doakes stuff was a bit dull... everything else, including the whole thing with Maria being a huge fucking whore, was pretty damn good.
Old 10-22-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I don't think it would though, since Dexter feels that Lila sees the real him and isn't horrified... no one (apart from Harry) has ever seen that side of him and connected with it...so I don't think it would be a huge stretch for him to finally ENJOY sex for once - because it's a different experience because she views him differently than the rest of the world.
I guess I just don't want to see Dexter be like normal people. He's far more interesting when he's struggling and feeling different.
Old 10-23-07, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Darknite39
Just and FYI the preview for Dexter is on AFTER Brotherhood...They also did a mini featurette on Dexter (specifically cadavers). Its weird I know, but at least if you want to know what happens next week you'll have to watch the end of Brotherhood. The thing they did on cadavers also had some mini spoilers though which kind of sucked.

As far as this episode goes I really cant complain it was another great episode
Old 10-23-07, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Dex VO: "Perhaps I have misjudged you oh wise one."
Not entirely a Dexter-centric hour, but another solid episode. Some great one-liners, and these flashbacks sequences with James Remar continue to be intriguing.
Originally Posted by Patman
Maria is one cold, calculating operator.

Dex and Lila could turn into a Bonnie and Clyde. I think Rita does have to worry about Lila, but Rita's mom was spot-on w/r/t Dexter.
I'm hoping she'll become Dexter's next victim down the road. Lila could be harboring another secret considering how she likes to create deranged artwork.
I too hope that the Maria/Esme stuff is resolved, but that twist was great (for some odd reason, I expected Esme to be lying in bed next to Maria )
Old 10-23-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Could someone start a Brotherhood thread and talk about the nekkidness in that thread?

HA. My apologies, Patman. I don't normally do that, whether it be a Dexter thread, or a Wire thread, or Sopranos or what have you. I've been considering picking up Brotherhood since I've heard good things and have seen the promos during Dexter, and while talking about the later, I happened to catch the comment about Janel Malone who I've been a fan of since Donna on the West Wing, and I suddenly became a 13 year old boy with control issues. I didn't mean to take away from what (from the sound of it) is an excellent show, and I apologize for hijacking the conversation.

-Doc
Old 10-24-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So far I'm enjoying this season much more than the last one. Even Dexter's sister doesn't bug me as much. But they definietly need to find something for Doakes to do now that he isn't trailing Dexter's every move. His character has always irritated me with his one-dimensional, pissed off cop persona.
Old 10-24-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by Palaver
So far I'm enjoying this season much more than the last one. Even Dexter's sister doesn't bug me as much. But they definietly need to find something for Doakes to do now that he isn't trailing Dexter's every move. His character has always irritated me with his one-dimensional, pissed off cop persona.

Agree, personally they could just get rid of Doakes and it would not matter to me at all. The pissed off cop persona is tired and I can't stand it in any show.
Old 10-24-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The title must have been referring to Lila's shirt.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.