Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 10:17 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nightmare Before Christmas

I popped in my The Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition DVD and was shocked to see it was non-anamorphic. I usually read the back of my DVDs very carefully. This time though, I must of taken for granted that the DVD was a special edition and figured it was anamorphic. I searched the internet looking for a widescreen DVD version but I could not find one.

This film needs an anamorphic release!

Read all DVD boxes and make sure they are anamorphic.

The only good thing is the DVD is going for $40 on ebay.

Later

Swarty
Old 10-18-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Member eh? Welcome to the forum.

There are threads that talk about this, just make sure to use the 'search' function for a title like this

But yeah, you find anything that claims to be 'anamorphic' on ebay, don't trust it, it'll be a bootleg. There is no anamorphic version of this yet.
Old 10-18-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
There are anamorphic versions if you're region free, but it would be nice to have a US copy.
Old 10-18-07, 11:32 PM
Cool New Member

Yes i guess I am a new member when it comes to posting.

Sorry, didn't search. Forgot you are only allowed to talk about a subject one time.

I don't want to buy off ebay I want to sell. If I can get $40 for a DVD I will never watch I just might sell it.

Thanks majorjoe23. I am region free. If I can sell my copy to get enough to get the import I just might do it.

Later

Swarty
Old 10-19-07, 06:07 AM

I never understand why the U.S. gets screwed over on dvd releases of movies that are U.S. FILMS!!!!!! Makes no freakin' sense!!

I didn't realize until recently that my 2 disc copy wasn't anamorphic! Bummer......
Old 10-19-07, 06:43 AM
Banned

Several existing threads on the subject:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488091

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=481815

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=514498

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=438477
Old 10-19-07, 08:01 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah, thanks. Like I said I forgot you were only supposed to talk about a subject one time. My bad. Thanks for setting me straight.

Swarty
Old 10-19-07, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Swarty
Yeah, thanks. Like I said I forgot you were only supposed to talk about a subject one time. My bad. Thanks for setting me straight.

Swarty
No, you are supposed to search for the topic you want to talk about before starting a new thread. As you can see with the 4 other links I posted, The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD has been discussed previously, so instead of starting a new thread everytime something pops in your head, do a search first and if the topic exists, post there.

Also, you are a newbie here, so read the rules before posting and don't be a smartass with your comments. If not, I don't think you are going to last very long in the forum.

Last edited by dx23; 10-19-07 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-19-07, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dx23
No, you are supposed to search for the topic you want to talk about before starting a new thread. As you can see with the 4 other links I posted, The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD has been discussed previously, so instead of starting a new thread everytime something pops in your head, do a search first and if the topic exists, post there.

Also, you are a newbie here, so read the rules before posting and do be a smartass with your comments. If not, I don't think you are going to last very long in the forum.

for that comment sir, you are the smartass and quite the jerk for snarking a new member.

you sire need to grow up and learn to be normal, but i doubt your family taught you manners.
Old 10-19-07, 07:06 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dx23

Also, you are a newbie here, so read the rules before posting and do be a smartass with your comments. If not, I don't think you are going to last very long in the forum.

OK I will read the rules and I will be a smartass with my comments like you say.

Later

Swarty