Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Force Among Us'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 10-17-07, 04:40 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Don Houstons review of 'The Force Among Us' - The film about Star Wars fans...and I preordered this film back in May! I thought I was going to be a little disappointed in the film because of all the hype up to its release date in August. I have to say I was blown away! The film gets deep with politics and religon and also showcases fans in a true light and shows them as REAL people - The film is different in that way because the filmmakers were passionate fans themselves. After I watched this film - I felt GREAT about being a star wars fan. The footage of Tunisia and Norway were also over the top. It seems like the non-Star Wars fans I have showed this film to love it more than us hard core fans - simply for the fact it educates them about us, the fans - at the end I wanted more and then I dove into the bonus features (Don gave the bonus features close to 4 stars! and I agree with him there) - this is a fresh look at Star Wars and its fandom....30 years later. I recommend the film as well. However, the film is not available on amazon or other traditional etailers. I ordered it through their website www.theforceamongus.com. I think that's the only place you can order it for now.

Has anybody else here seen the film? I was surprised when I saw it on the review page. I would think it caters almost exclusively to Star Wars fans but it has been well-received by non-Star Wars fans as well. What do you think?

Last edited by gmess; 10-17-07 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-19-07, 11:46 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I think we agree on pretty much everything here and the review itself links to the website, not Amazon, where I was told a discussion had started about it (including members of the cast making comments).