DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Need Some schoolin' on Toronto

FantasticVSDoom
10-17-07, 04:05 PM
So next weekend (Fri-Mon) Im going to be in Toronto for a Crossfit Certification, and need some help as to some things to do. It will just be myself (the wife won't be with me) and Ill have Friday, Sat, and Sunday night open. I think Ill be in the downtown area (Ill have to check exactly where). So any suggestions on restaurants, nightlife, theatres, maybe something halloween related, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how cold is it usually this time? Its actually been pretty mild here in NYC, and wondering if Toronto has been the same way.

And finally, how is public transportation? I have a good sense of direction, can figure maps out pretty well, and used to using PT, so will it be best to use that, or take taxi's and what not around?

The Bus
10-17-07, 05:10 PM
You need to be home schooled? I thought the Canadian education system was at least passable.

Lateralus
10-17-07, 07:32 PM
Subway is great, that took us wherever we needed to go.

I would check out the CN tower and have your picture taken on the glass floor, it is pretty cool. If you like hockey you could catch a game or check out the Hall of Fame.

tofu
10-17-07, 08:12 PM
I was there for a weekend in September. It was pretty mild. Mid 70s. Trolley system was great for getting around and there were lots and lots of restaurants to see.

I didn't do anything touristy since they had the Toronto Film Festival and Virgin Music Festival at the time.

tboogie
11-18-07, 03:07 PM
So next weekend (Fri-Mon) Im going to be in Toronto for a Crossfit Certification, and need some help as to some things to do. It will just be myself (the wife won't be with me) and Ill have Friday, Sat, and Sunday night open. I think Ill be in the downtown area (Ill have to check exactly where). So any suggestions on restaurants, nightlife, theatres, maybe something halloween related, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how cold is it usually this time? Its actually been pretty mild here in NYC, and wondering if Toronto has been the same way.

And finally, how is public transportation? I have a good sense of direction, can figure maps out pretty well, and used to using PT, so will it be best to use that, or take taxi's and what not around?

How was the cert? I went to the one in Golden, CO in May and loved it. Now I'm going to the barbell cert in Wichita Falls next month. Good to see another CF junkie on DVDTalk!

FantasticVSDoom
11-18-07, 04:14 PM
How was the cert? I went to the one in Golden, CO in May and loved it. Now I'm going to the barbell cert in Wichita Falls next month. Good to see another CF junkie on DVDTalk!

Nice... Yeah the cert was amazing. Never thought I would learn so much in 2 days but I was just floored. Now Im saving up to go to a level 2 cert. Would also love to get to the barbell cert with Rip. Starting Strength is pretty much my bible :D