TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How I Met your Mother "little boys" 10/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
How I Met your Mother "little boys" 10/15/07

Spoiler:
Barney and Ted fight over getting the same girl; Robin pretends to like her new boyfriend's children.

Not much in the way of spoilers, but I will tune in.
Old 10-15-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only 35 days left on the slap countdown...
Old 10-15-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
Shotgun!

Old 10-15-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Well the episode tonight was okay, glad to see Barney get haunted by Ted when he was with the girl Ted just dumped.
Old 10-15-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the callbacks to the earlier episodes...

-"Field of Dreams"
-the child from "Monday Night Football"

It's also nice that they're re-establishing the friendship between Robin and Ted. I was initially worried, after the break-up, that things would be awkward between them, and the dynamic would be a bit upstaged.

You are pretty.
You are nice.
And you smell like daisies.
Old 10-15-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I loved the sight of Little Barneys climbing all over the blonde. Funny stuff, although I couldn't help thinking where we would see little real Neil Patrick Harrises climbing.
Old 10-16-07, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the gal who Barney and Ted competed for was the actress who appeared in numerous shorts on "On The Lot" (not that anyone watched that piece of shit).

Not sure how Ted could even argue with a straight face that he has as much game as Barney. This is the second week in a row where they seem to be downplaying Barney's "game" to boost Ted's abilities with the ladies. I'm just not buying it; there's no competition here - Ted is still a tool and Barney is Barney.
Old 10-16-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
although I couldn't help thinking where we would see little real Neil Patrick Harrises climbing.
Maybe David Burtka?

So it seems like they are slowly squeezing Marshall out of the plots. Even Lily was hardly used, but now we have the Marshall character himself having an arguement with the guys that he is still "relevant" in their conversations...

Dumbest thing of all was Robin shaving her legs with BUTTER from someone's table?!?!? If she was going back to the guy's place, wouldn't HE have shaving cream? Better to be delayed in his bathroom than trying to shave butter off your legs in a restaurant lavatory while your date is out front at the valet with the car running!

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-16-07 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-16-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
the butter thing was last week. But yes, that was a dumb plotline.
Old 10-16-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The ending reminded me of The Usual Suspects.

I thought that it was a pretty good episode.
Old 10-16-07, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a Ghostbusters callback when the kid came home and Robin was unprepared. She called Lily and a lot of the dialog mirrored when Venkman saw Slimer for the first time.
Old 10-16-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
I miss the story arcs on this show, that is when it accels the most.

The first episode this season was great, the rest thus far have been a bit ehh.
Old 10-16-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
So it seems like they are slowly squeezing Marshall out of the plots. Even Lily was hardly used, but now we have the Marshall character himself having an arguement with the guys that he is still "relevant" in their conversations...
It's still an ensemble show, so I wouldn't worry too much. All five character can't have equal time each episode. We'll be seeing a lot of Marshall when the Slap Bet comes around.
Old 10-16-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing I don't get was that Ted had been dating that chick awhile already before Barney started teasing him about going where he has been. So they hadn't done it yet? Why would he suddenly be freaked out about that after the fact? I mean they had showed some montage already of Ted and the girl that made it seem like they a lot of time had passed.
Old 10-16-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe nobody has commented about this, but with the ending... can we confirm that Ted's children are not Robin's?

At the end you see all the drawings of the kids with Aunt Robin.
Old 10-16-07, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
The thing I don't get was that Ted had been dating that chick awhile already before Barney started teasing him about going where he has been. So they hadn't done it yet? Why would he suddenly be freaked out about that after the fact? I mean they had showed some montage already of Ted and the girl that made it seem like they a lot of time had passed.
we were supposed to assume they hadn't done it yet.
Old 10-16-07, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3
I can't believe nobody has commented about this, but with the ending... can we confirm that Ted's children are not Robin's?

At the end you see all the drawings of the kids with Aunt Robin.
why would they call their mom "Aunt Robin"? kids can draw pictures of family friends. I think we're to assume that robin is still close friends with Ted, and his kids.
Old 10-16-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found it strange as well. Why no pictures of Lily, Marshall, or Barney? I am starting to think that Robin might end up being his second wife, after he has a couple of kids with another woman who he ends up divorced from or maybe widowed.
Old 10-16-07, 12:21 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
"Patch up"
Old 10-16-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Good lord people. Stop with the convoluted "Ted is married to Robin!" speculation. They have gone out of their way to show that Robin is NOT the one. They've said it again and again. Now we've got the "yellow umbrella" thing out there too.

There is no way to fanwank this so it works. Ted and Robin are not married. Let it goooooo.

I liked this episode, especially Barney's initial description of the bet. And I always like it when Marshall tries to make the fact he's only been with one woman in his life into something cool
Old 10-16-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
And I always like it when Marshall tries to make the fact he's only been with one woman in his life into something cool
Well, that one woman is Alyson Hannigan...
Old 10-16-07, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, apparently I watched this while falling asleep last night, and must've deleted it when it was over. I don't remember a single thing.
Old 10-16-07, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Well, that one woman is Alyson Hannigan...
You make an excellent point.
Old 10-16-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Good lord people. Stop with the convoluted "Ted is married to Robin!" speculation. They have gone out of their way to show that Robin is NOT the one. They've said it again and again. Now we've got the "yellow umbrella" thing out there too.

There is no way to fanwank this so it works. Ted and Robin are not married. Let it goooooo.
THANK YOU! The idea of Ted and Robin being married was shot down in the very first episode of the show. The kids probably have plenty of pictures of them with Lilly and Marshall but why would we see them in an epsiode about Robin's hate for children.

I'm also happy the show didn't go the Rachel/Ross route and have too much awkwardness between Robin and Ted. It was well known that while they were dating that they would eventually break up and they would remain friends afterwards. The show did a good job of not stretching out their relationship and giving a good reason for them to break up and still remain friends.

Another good episode. I'm liking the Ted as a player angle. Adds more fun but I'm sure we'll see some story come soon. I'm also worried about the weeding out of Marshall and Lilly. They had the story of their engagement in season one and their marriage in season two. Hopefully they can get a good, non-filler story for them going soon.
Old 10-17-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I hate that kid every time I see him
his parents ened to cut his hair for one thing, and his face is annoying looking

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.