Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 10/14/07 to 10/20/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 09:26 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 10/14/07 to 10/20/07

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy - lithograph with Transformers
Transformers Gift Set 2 DVD set, Optimus Prime, & Cliffjumper figures for $29.99
steelbook with Planet Terror
free $10 moviecash for No Country for Old Men with purchase of select DVDs (Amelie, Chasing Amy, Chicago, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1&2, Jackie Brown, Clerks X, City of God, The Great Raid, Proof, Trainspotting, a couple others)
free moviecash for Beowulf with purchase of select DVDs (many many titles, including sleepy Hollow, some Star Treks, Transformers, Italian Job, Lara Croft, Mission Impossible, Gladiator, Flags of Our Fathers, Aeon Flux, and The Untouchables)

Target - Transformers: Exclusive Deluxe Edition - regular 2 DVD version comes in world's first transforming DVD case which becomes a 15" tall Optimus Prime Robot; also has the exclusive comic from the 1 disc version
$5 Target gift card with purchase of Transformers regular DVD and exclusive Transformers Bumblebee toy
some copies of Transformers 1 disc have an exclusive comic

Circuit City -
free moviecash for 30 Days of Night in several Horror DVDs
ball cap (20 per store) and Transformers digital download card for access to over 11 minutes of exclusive footage with Transformers
moviecash for The Mist with Planet Terror

Wal Mart -
1 disc Transformers bundled with "Beginnings" prequel DVD
The Reaping bundled with Gothika
Planet Terror bundled with Wolf Creek

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Transformers 2 disc available in a steelbook
Hellsing steelbook
Planet Terror poster (may be pre-orders only)

Borders -
3 limited edition postcards with Planet Terror
behind the scenes booklet with Transformers 2 disc

Costco - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - 128mb mp3 player with Transformers

K-Mart/Sears -
Transformers - transforming flashlight gizmo taped to packaging

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food/Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 02-04-08 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-13-07, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy:

Transformers: Bonus Lithograph with purchase of the Transformers movie.
Transformers: Gift Set with Optimus Prime & Cliffjumper figures $29.99

Free Movie Cash with purchase of the 'Best Picture Collection or any UA Gift Set' - 2 Free Movie Cash for "Lions for Lambs" on pack.

Circuit City:
Transformers: Free Transformers Cap for first 20 customers. Free Transfomers digital download card for access to over 11 minutes of exclusive footage.

Planet Terror: Bonus Movie Cash on pack for "The Mist".

Target:

Transformers: Free $5 Target Gift Card with purchase of Transformers regular DVD and Exclusive Transformers Bumblebee toy.

Tansformers: Exclusive Deluxe Edition. World's first transforming DVD case becomes a 15" tall Optimus Prime Robot! Also has bonus content and all-new comic.
Old 10-13-07, 10:55 AM

Best Buy is also going to have an exclusive steelbook for Planet Terror.

Best Buy Planet Terror Steelbook
Old 10-13-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another big week for exclusives. I think It's a safe bet to try and get to best buy/target early this tuesday. I'm not taking any chances, like the 300 gift set.
Old 10-13-07, 02:16 PM

What is a digital download card?
Old 10-13-07, 05:43 PM

Blockbuster is doing a decent one for once. It's limited supply however. Anyone that buys either version of Transformers gets a free MP3 player. But, like I said, supplies are pretty limited (my store only has 8) so if you want it you'll have to hit it early.
Old 10-13-07, 09:39 PM

^ does the mp3 player transform?

for those not reading the other transformers threads. FYE/TWEC has the consensus transformers exclusive. which is the 2-disc set in steelbook. and you can reserve it now for $3-deposit.

when i went to preorder i got the feeling that they're just selling unlimited preorders. and there are rumors that these are very limited. so i'll be sure to get there early on tuesday.

Last edited by SendHelp; 10-13-07 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-13-07, 09:53 PM

Transformers exclusive disc at Wal-Mart

Has anyone heard if the "Beginings" prequel DVD that's supposed to be coming out with Transformers on Tuesday going to be bundled with the 2-disc deluxe edition or is it going to be only with the single disc movie-only edition?

Also, has anyone heard anything about the quality of the Beginings DVD disc itself. I know it has Peter Cullen doing the voice, but has anyone heard anything beyond that. I'd hate to shell out the $$$ for it only to find that the bonus disc is anything like that excrutiatingly lame Story of Star Wars bonus DVD that came out with Revenge of the Sith a while back.
Old 10-13-07, 11:46 PM
Cool New Member

Superherohype has pics of the beginings disc up!

Exclusive Transformers Bumblebee toy.
Any pics or anything on this?
Old 10-14-07, 05:52 PM

With regards to Giant Eagle.....

Last night I was at a Giant Eagle supermarket in northeast Ohio and noticed that they had both 'Alien' and 'Aliens' 2-disc Collector's Editions (from 2003) -- for only $5.98 a piece! They have several other good deals there too - for another week or so. Most seem horror related. Hopefully someone gets a chance to purchase these, in the rare event they don't have them.

I had purchased the Target 'Alien Triple Pack' which was on sale for around $14 a few months ago.
Old 10-15-07, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by SendHelp
^ does the mp3 player transform?

No. It's pretty small, 128 mb. It has an Autobot symbol on the front.
Old 10-16-07, 03:41 AM

OK, in case anyone's interested, the Transformers: Beginnings bonus disc in the gift pack at wal-mart isn't all that great (I just watched it) Peter Cullen has maybe three lines and that's it, so those of you wanting more Optimus Prime are SOL. Beyond that, the disc is basically a decently-edited, pseudo-animated version of the prequel comic that IDW put out before the movie's release. It's really nothing more that a flashy presentation of the comic book's panels along with some fairly good voiceover and sound effects work. All in all, I probably won't hang on to mine forever, and if I'd had a better idea of this "bonus" disc's content, I probably would have passed...

ah well, live and learn...
Old 10-16-07, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

exclusive Hellsing Steelbook at fye
exclusive Transformers Steelbook at fye
poster for Planet Terror
Old 10-16-07, 10:09 PM

Borders
Planet Terror - Includes 3 Limited Edition Postcards ($19.99 on sale)
Transformers - Includes Behind-The-Scenes Booklet on-pack w/ 2-Disc edition only ($24.99 on sale. Standard 2-Disc is $22.99 on sale)
Old 10-16-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone pick up the exclusive transformers figure at best buy (I think it was bumblebee in the ad)

Of all the exclusives today, The Transformers figure was probably the least of my worries and never did I think that would be the toughest to snag. Both best buy's I went too told me that they only received about 15 and they all went like hotcake's. Did I miss something limited about these things.

Yet, I can count at least 80 silver surfer figures between the two stores.
Old 10-17-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shacmasta
Did anyone pick up the exclusive transformers figure at best buy (I think it was bumblebee in the ad)

Of all the exclusives today, The Transformers figure was probably the least of my worries and never did I think that would be the toughest to snag. Both best buy's I went too told me that they only received about 15 and they all went like hotcake's. Did I miss something limited about these things.

Yet, I can count at least 80 silver surfer figures between the two stores.
Sounds like you underestimated the number of Transformers collectors out there. As a Star Wars collector myself, I know MANY Transformers collectors in my area, and have witnessed the madness of Transformers collectors at San Diego Comic-Con trying to get the exclusives. I wouldn't be surprised if they out-number us DVD collectors. Between them, and the DVD collectors, I'm sure those went very quickly. Circuit City told me the Transformers hats they had were gone within 30 minutes this morning. Usually their freebies last until the evening...
Old 10-17-07, 12:47 AM

^^^That and the Fantastic Four figures actually cost money rather than it being free like other exclusives.
Old 10-17-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sandman007
^^^That and the Fantastic Four figures actually cost money rather than it being free like other exclusives.
Actually this figure cost 19.99, 15.99 if you bought the movie on the same receipt.
Old 10-17-07, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Actually this figure cost 19.99, 15.99 if you bought the movie on the same receipt.
Uhhh...That's what I said: "...actually cost money rather than it being free..."
Old 10-17-07, 10:02 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Updated first post.
Old 10-17-07, 10:32 AM

Hellsing steelbook

any more info? pics link etc
Old 10-17-07, 10:49 AM

Regarding the Blockbuster Transformers exclusive, it's probably a little late to mention this but the mp3 player is only available with the single disc edition.
Old 10-17-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sandman007
Uhhh...That's what I said: "...actually cost money rather than it being free..."
But my original point was basically saying both the surfer and transformers figures cost money, yet the transformers figure sold out in seconds and the surfer figurine's are stacked on shelves. It was more towards comparing the two very similar items. Your post read like you were telling me that the transformers figure was free, hence more popular then the 15 dollar surfer figure.
Old 10-17-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1

Hellsing steelbook

any more info? pics link etc
I don't know much about anime, but this packaging is steelbook and OVA volume 3. We have previously also had steelbooks on vol 2 of the same series.
Old 10-17-07, 07:27 PM

thanks db, is this a 49.99 one?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.