Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Was this a one night stand?

Ronnie Dobbs
10-13-07, 01:46 AM
I met this amazing girl a few weeks ago and we exchanged numbers. We made plans to hang out at some point and I told her I was thinking about seeing Darjeeling Limited which she also had interest in seeing. So we made plans to go see it afterwards we got dinner and talked and found we have a lot of stuff in common. About a week later I called her and invited her to a party and she wanted to go. Midway throught the party we began kissing and eventually it led to us rushing back to my apt. We hooked up then she called her roommate who she said was sick. After the sex she was telling me she had to go. I thought it went well. So I tried to text her a few days later. No response. I want to play it cool because I don't want to fuck up my chances of it happening again. I'm thinking maybe she's on her period or something or maybe I should move on. We had so much in common so its weird but I'm thinking maybe a relationship would have developed. Any thoughts.

Goat3001
10-13-07, 01:53 AM
I say call her a few days after you sent the text. Leave a message if she doesn't pick up. If you get no call back, just let it go.

TimeandTide
10-13-07, 01:55 AM
How long ago did you text her? Perhaps she didn't get it? Give her a call. Once. If she doesn't pick up, leave her a VM telling her you would like to see her again. If she doesn't respond to that, then yes, it was a one night stand.

Mr. Salty
10-13-07, 01:55 AM
Well, first of all Romeo, maybe calling a woman you just banged rather than texting her would score you more points in the class department.

But other than that, I think she's trying to tell you the sex was really, really awful.

kvrdave
10-13-07, 02:00 AM
I'm thinking maybe she's on her period or something or maybe I should move on.

rotfl

Yeah, she doesn't want to return your text or talk to you because of her period.

circes
10-13-07, 02:03 AM
It was a one time thing,leave her alone if she wants to see you again she will call you.If you keep calling or texting her ,she will think your a stalker.

Bronkster
10-13-07, 02:09 AM
Damn women just want one thing. :grunt:

Ronnie Dobbs
10-13-07, 02:12 AM
But other than that, I think she's trying to tell you the sex was really, really awful.

No way during the sex she said and i quote "You're really good". But I was doing oral.

El Scorcho
10-13-07, 02:23 AM
boombox + peter gabriel cd FTW

circes
10-13-07, 02:30 AM
No way during the sex she said and i quote "You're really good". But I was doing oral.
and how many times do men say "yeah baby,i love you" just to get what they want....sorry to burst your bubble but women also say things they don't mean during sex.

greg9x
10-13-07, 03:04 AM

Did she also say "I never do things like this !!" or "This is my first time." ???

Eh...as others said, a call would have been better... preferably the next day or so after banging her... but give her one call as suggested and see what happens. But maybe she got her curiosity satisfied and isn't interested in another round.

The Bus
10-13-07, 03:36 AM
The rule is don't contact a woman more than twice the amount that she contacts you. You've got a combination of two text messages / phone calls / emails. Use them wisely!

Mr. Salty
10-13-07, 03:52 AM
If you were really good she wouldn't have been able to form complete words.

shoppingbear
10-13-07, 06:06 AM
rotfl

Yeah, she doesn't want to return your text or talk to you because of her period.
:lol: This is the comment I was going to make. If you were that "really good", she would be calling YOU before you could even call her, nevermind her having her period. :lol:

As for what the problem was, maybe she saw that you're living with an 18 year old, and realized that meant too much drama? :D

Lemdog
10-13-07, 06:12 AM
Yep, you have been used.

Giantrobo
10-13-07, 06:15 AM
Dude, you got lucky and broke a piece off for free. No emotions, no spending all your money on her, and no "drama".

Pray she didn't give you The Clap or Herpes and move on....

emanon
10-13-07, 06:42 AM

Sounds like you should have stuck with the oral and skipped the written.

Septemberbaby
10-13-07, 06:44 AM
We hooked up then she called her roommate who she said was sick. After the sex she was telling me she had to go.

Did she call her roommate before or after the sex? And why was she calling her roommate? I'm trying to visualize this.. you hook up at a party.. you're all over each other.. you both go back to your place.. I'm assuming you're all over each other there (??) and she stops to call her roommate? Or did she do that in place of pillow talk after the sex? You obviously didn't have her full attention. That says a lot.

And for the love of God! Stop the text-messaging! Pick up a LAND LINE telephone and make a call and have a normal conversation!!
Cell phones and computers should burn in hell!

LivingINClip
10-13-07, 06:59 AM
1: If she could form a sentence, you was doing it wrong.

2: If you done it right, she'd call you and not rush off.

Sonicflood
10-13-07, 07:45 AM
Text messages are for kids! That may be why she's not calling you back. Be a man & pick up the phone. Nothing could be more impersonal than a frookin text message!

Please tell me you didn't text message something like this:

U rck! call if U wnt sm mre sausg!!! rotfl

DeputyDave
10-13-07, 08:12 AM
I agree with the 1 call. Unless she's 14, forget the text. If she is 14...
Why don't you have a seat right here.

Anubis2005X
10-13-07, 09:52 AM
Sounds like you missed your opportunity to yell "Smell my face!!!"

crazyronin
10-13-07, 10:18 AM
Unless you get another chance to dip your wick into that sweet honey clam, then yes, it was a one night stand.

johnglass
10-13-07, 10:24 AM
If it looked anything like this then it was a one nightstand.

http://www.nightanddayfurniture.com/showroom/spices/images/lg_clove_2_ch.jpg

RunBandoRun
10-13-07, 10:45 AM
This is sounding like the old Dorothy Parker "Oh, please, God, let him call!" thing, only in drag. :lol:

Congratulations. Now you know how every woman in America has felt once or twice in her life. :D

kvrdave
10-13-07, 11:29 AM
Dude, you got lucky and broke a piece off for free.
http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/love/1luvu.gif
Love is such a beautiful thing.

Sean O'Hara
10-13-07, 11:50 AM
For future reference, you shouldn't ask women to insert things in your anus until at least the fifth time you have sex.

Numanoid
10-13-07, 12:05 PM
So immediately after sex she "calls her roommate", who just happens to "be sick" which provides her with a reason to get the hell out of there, and then she doesn't respond to your calls.

Sorry man, not only was the sex no good, you must have B.O., skid-marked underwear and visible lesions as well. That girl was pulling everything but "I have to get up early" in order to extricate herself from the situation. Write it off.

Tracer Bullet
10-13-07, 01:15 PM
Unless you get another chance to dip your wick into that sweet honey clam, then yes, it was a one night stand.

Um, ew.

VinVega
10-13-07, 02:01 PM
Yep, you have been used.
But fortunately for a guy, this is a good thing. :up:

chino77
10-13-07, 06:08 PM
and how many times do men say "yeah baby,i love you" just to get what they want....sorry to burst your bubble but women also say things they don't mean during sex.

do you mean my 6inches isnt huge and the biggest she ever had?
i never understood why women always say that. im average...i know that. she is there to stroke one thing and its not my ego.
then again how many times have i told women with a pussy the size of a coffee can that they were tight?

mosquitobite
10-13-07, 07:32 PM
So immediately after sex she "calls her roommate", who just happens to "be sick" which provides her with a reason to get the hell out of there, and then she doesn't respond to your calls.

Sorry man, not only was the sex no good, you must have B.O., skid-marked underwear and visible lesions as well. That girl was pulling everything but "I have to get up early" in order to extricate herself from the situation. Write it off.

Yup!

Joe Molotov
10-13-07, 09:09 PM
rotfl

I've found that woman often want to engage in no-strings-attached sex and then not talk to you afterwards because of their periods. It's an epidemic, I tell you. I get jumped on a daily basis. Stupid period, I just wanted to cuddle. :(

VinVega
10-13-07, 09:12 PM
I've found that woman often want to engage in no-strings-attached sex and then not talk to you afterwards because of their periods. It's an epidemic, I tell you. I get jumped on a daily basis. Stupid period, I just wanted to cuddle. :(
You just lost your man card. -ohbfrank-

Nesbit
10-13-07, 09:48 PM
If the girl isn't the one trying to spend the night together it was a one night stand. Her roomate was sick? C'mon, she wasn't even trying to cover it up.

grrrah
10-13-07, 09:54 PM
maybe her roomate is her husband?

Nesbit
10-13-07, 10:00 PM
or one of her 4 month old triplets.

Decadance
10-13-07, 10:22 PM
Congratulations! ....Go get tested.

darqleo
10-13-07, 10:31 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0PUrNwvvBk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0PUrNwvvBk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Coral
10-13-07, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't worry... she'll get in touch with you again... to tell you she's pregnant.

DarkestPhoenix
10-13-07, 11:24 PM
Sorry, brother. That's the way it goes.

1 - She called a 'sick friend'. That's in the get the hell out playbook.
2 - Personally, I think she wants out of another relationship, so she used you as an excuse.
3 - She would have called you already if she loved it.

Also, I would never go down on a chick without being with them for some time.

The Bus
10-14-07, 12:11 AM
Also, I would never go down on a chick without being with them for some time.

Pussy.

The Cow
10-14-07, 12:46 AM
Yep, one night stand and a lifelong disease.

(if you are not making this up, but you wouldn't do that)

NotThatGuy
10-14-07, 02:27 AM
rotfl

Dude...you can't trust anything that bleeds for that long and doesn't die!!

-p

NotThatGuy
10-14-07, 02:40 AM
Okay...so...

1. You got laid....worry about the follow-up later. NEVER EVER call afterwards. Texting is a nice ambiguous thing to do, keep it simple and vague. If she is interested, she'll let you know. DON'T pick up the phone if she calls you, she'll leave a message, and you can call her back.

2. Periods....men don't talk about periods!!! Punctuation and nasty woman things are not exactly table conversation.

3. Women want sex as much as men.....but you can't out them or you'll lose a booty call. You gotta go with them on their idea that they aren't slutty or anything....and if their friend with the ball gag tries to complain, just flog hr some more.

4. This has nothing to do with this topic. I'm fucking tired. I caused drama, typical for me. Sorry Summer and Nicole for blowing you off, you were really cute, but I had to take care of my drunk friends...no worries, I'll catch up. To my drunk asss friends, good luck with the aftermath! Smoking is bad, it makes it hard to breath. Free booze is good. Free booze with hot girls....excellent....but with the trainnies that came in around 2:30 or so....BAD. I knew better, but some guys were fooled. Oh, and I Really dig petite asian chicks, but they are hard to dance with, since they are short. Okay, time for bed, I have to get up in 5-6 hours to do work.

-p

Layziebones
10-14-07, 02:53 AM
This sounds fake! Like your "roomate"!!

wabio
10-14-07, 03:00 AM
So you screwed a hot chick and are now upset at the aftermath. :lol: Do you even realize there are some members here who are virgins and well into their 30's? Stop whining and go sleep with her roommate!!!! Then come back and post the details. :D

mndtrp
10-14-07, 05:21 AM
Awfully trusting to go down on a chick you don't really know.

criptik28
10-14-07, 06:58 AM
boombox + peter gabriel cd FTW

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060907/13135__say_anythiing_l.jpg

And for the love of God! Stop the text-messaging! Pick up a LAND LINE telephone and make a call and have a normal conversation!!
Cell phones and computers should burn in hell!

Agreed. Text messages are killing society.

Especially since most people (not necessarily the OP) don't write in full sentences. God I hate those damn_abbreviations.

Oh, and I Really dig petite asian chicks, but they are hard to dance with, since they are short.

What is it with white guys and Asian chicks?

Septemberbaby
10-14-07, 07:53 AM
Especially since most people (not necessarily the OP) don't write in full sentences. God I hate those damn_abbreviations.

My son teaches English SAT prep courses and tutors HS level English privately... he was telling me exactly how much text lingo is killing the English language. He's astonished that these kids get through to the 11th grade.

dieinafire
10-14-07, 08:13 AM
To answer your question, yes. Congratulations.

NotThatGuy
10-14-07, 10:35 AM
Going down on a random chick you just met...hell no! Yes it is a double standard. No I don't care.

What is it with white guys and Asian chicks?

I don't know, but I was a late bloomer for my appreciation of asian girls.......:drool: I've always dated petite women (4'11" to 5'4"). Of course, if anyone is into 6'0+ "women"...then you could have had your pick late last night. :lol:

-p

Sean O'Hara
10-14-07, 12:43 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060907/13135__say_anythiing_l.jpg

Just remember, you want Peter Gabriel 3 (Melting Face) track 1:

"Intruder's happy in the dark
Intruder come
Intruder come and he leave his mark
Leave his mark.

Doors
Creaky wooden floors
Your cupboards and drawers.

Telephone wires.

Know I am there
Charging the air."

Ronnie Dobbs
10-14-07, 08:48 PM
Okay...so...

1. You got laid....worry about the follow-up later. NEVER EVER call afterwards. Texting is a nice ambiguous thing to do, keep it simple and vague. If she is interested, she'll let you know. DON'T pick up the phone if she calls you, she'll leave a message, and you can call her back.

I texted her once and left her two comments on facebook. One asking if she wanted to hang out another on one of her facebook pics. Is that too much?

crazyronin
10-14-07, 08:56 PM
Um, ew.

Sorry. It was a Slayer2005 reference. No intention to disgust (beside the Slayer2005 reference.)

NotThatGuy
10-14-07, 08:57 PM
I texted her once and left her two comments on facebook. One asking if she wanted to hang out another on one of her facebook pics. Is that too much?

Never more than twice. You should give yourself two contacts for her to respond, if she doesn't, move on. You want to show some interest, but you need to give her space to reciprocate. You also don't want to come off as desperate, women don't like that.

I never call/txt more than twice...if they don't respond, then it isn't worth bothering with them since there are plenty more women out there.

Trust me...it is a recipe for finding a soul mate!!! Or maybe just a bed warmer, not sure which.

-p

criptik28
10-14-07, 10:33 PM

I would have called once, maybe a couple days later.

Not a fan of texting/using MySpace/Facebook when you barely know the person!

DeputyDave
10-14-07, 11:07 PM
I texted her once and left her two comments on facebook. One asking if she wanted to hang out another on one of her facebook pics. Is that too much?Wow, is your phone broke? Seriously, I know I've been out of the dating scene for 2 or 3 years but it can't have goten this bad.

vaporware
10-14-07, 11:45 PM

I would have left a comment on her facebook that eating her pussy gave me halitosis.

cdollaz
10-15-07, 09:17 AM
I would have called once, maybe a couple days later.

Not a fan of texting/using MySpace/Facebook when you <B>are over the age of 14</b>

Fixed.

cdollaz
10-15-07, 09:18 AM
So she has pictures out there that you could have posted. WTF!!!! You should know better than that by now.

VinVega
10-15-07, 09:49 AM
So far the drunken peddy advice has been the highlight of the thread for me. Speak the truth brother! :lol::up:

NotThatGuy
10-15-07, 11:01 AM
So far the drunken peddy advice has been the highlight of the thread for me. Speak the truth brother! :lol::up:

:lol:

I do what I can. My post wasn't drunk per se, but sleep deprived and hungover....I decided to not have another couple drinks before I went to bed, which ended up being a good idea.

Btw....my advice was spot on!

-p

grrrah
10-15-07, 11:41 AM
Peddy's advice WAS spot on!

Texting is great for booty calls and short term flings. (never facebooked personally)

Call her if you want to marry her (or something serious).

But both sides can agree that RD already used up both tries. (and a third) So now you have 2 choices, either move on, or do the peter gabriel thing and setup a photobucket account and email me the password!

Walter Neff
10-15-07, 01:19 PM
Wow, so actual phone calls are now reserved for only those people you want to marry or have a serious relationship with? Jesus. I am so glad I am already married and out of the dating scene if this is what the world is like these days.

Gunde
10-16-07, 01:53 AM
Phone call, texting, e-mail. Whatever. Does it really matter?
It is actually possible to be coherent and spell properly in a text message.

NotThatGuy
10-16-07, 02:04 AM
Wow, so actual phone calls are now reserved for only those people you want to marry or have a serious relationship with? Jesus. I am so glad I am already married and out of the dating scene if this is what the world is like these days.

Not for marriage and serious relationships, but a booty call by definition is more of a casual thing that isn't really based on a relationship, it is much more utilitarian. Txt'ing is great because you can do it while in a bar, concert, etc. Simple too:

You: "Had fun last weekend. Drop me a line again"
Her: "Okay"
Her Drunk Next Weekend: "You around later?"
You Drunk Next Weekend: "Yeah. Meet at my place?"
Her Drunk Next Weekend: "Okay, 12:30ish"

In this short exchange you did everything you could hope for with a telephone call....without getting caught up in actual talking. Admit it, the less chance of sticking a foot in the mouth, the better....:lol:

-p

ps. I used the phone last weekend, and I f'd it up. Between the music and my rather impaired state, it was harder to carry on a conversation......thankfully I salvaged it via txt.

grrrah
10-16-07, 01:27 PM
Txt'ing is great because you can do it while in a bar, concert, etc.

or like when you are on a date that's not going anywhere, and you don't want the night to end quite yet :p

The Bus
10-16-07, 01:37 PM
Ped's right on about the texting. At 11PM on a weekend night (when both of you are out, separately), it's a great way to make contact with someone without expecting a response. Also works the other way: you don't need to respond immediately. Works at concerts, etc.

Not saying that phones are a thing of the past, but use the tools you have at your disposal.

NotThatGuy
10-16-07, 02:05 PM
Ped's right on about the texting. At 11PM on a weekend night (when both of you are out, separately), it's a great way to make contact with someone without expecting a response. Also works the other way: you don't need to respond immediately. Works at concerts, etc.

Not saying that phones are a thing of the past, but use the tools you have at your disposal.

It is also discreet, so if you are with someone or they are with someone, you can still make plans for later and/or have an excuse to bail. Because of the medium it is all about being brief and to the point....win/win!

This method works great for booty calls, but don't try and start a relationship this way, since the type of girls it attracts aren't exactly "relationship" material. :lol:

It is also good because there is a log of what you said and when, so if you can't remember what you said....BAM!..it is right there. For those of us with shitty memories and a preference for vodka tonics, it can be a life saver.

-p

uncle-frank
10-16-07, 02:11 PM
if she doesnt respond to the call/facebook stuff than just move on.

theres millions of people you could have stuff in common with, she might just have wanted to have a good time

The Bus
10-16-07, 02:18 PM
It is also good because there is a log of what you said and when, so if you can't remember what you said....BAM!..it is right there.

Although I would warn against going off the deep end with a thorough analysis of why everything was said and/or phrased a certain way.

DVD Josh
10-16-07, 03:24 PM
This sounds fake! Like your "roomate"!!

People come running to RD posts like moths to a zaplight.

The Bus
10-16-07, 03:44 PM
Now that there's no Slayer and jd, the married guys need someone to live through vicariously (and fake bemoaning that they're glad they're not dating).

NotThatGuy
10-16-07, 04:23 PM
Although I would warn against going off the deep end with a thorough analysis of why everything was said and/or phrased a certain way.

Yeah, typically texts are done on the run, so don't put much thought into them. They are suppose to be quick.

-p

Walter Neff
10-16-07, 05:19 PM
Now that there's no Slayer and jd, the married guys need someone to live through vicariously (and fake bemoaning that they're glad they're not dating).

No, I really am glad that I'm not dating. But I've also been married for only seven months or so. Give me another year or two, and I might be singing a different tune. Heh.

criptik28
10-16-07, 05:45 PM
Fixed.

So true!