Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

why isnt perfect strangers on dvd yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why isnt perfect strangers on dvd yet?

recently they began showing reruns on this new channel, ion, and its been great! i know i used to love it and now getting to watch it again, i realize its still funnier than 90% of sitcoms on tv today IMO.

and it seems like every single tv show is being released onto dvd - family ties, full house, roseanne, golden girls, alf, facts of life, night court, mamas family, silver spoons, diffrent strokes, murphy brown, whos the boss, cheers - you name it, its on dvd!

yet no perfect strangers? why not? seems like these companies will release almost anything that was ever on tv, so why the hold up? why cant they just throw the seasons onto dvd (with no extras even...doesnt matter to me) and let us buy them?

on a somewhat related note, anyone know what mark linn baker (cousin larry) and bronson pinchot (balki) are up to these days?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vbnLYROCj8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vbnLYROCj8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 10-12-07, 12:53 PM

Id love to see this show on DVD, and Just The 10 Of Us.

Bronson Pinchot still shows up in things every now and then.
Old 10-12-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by haleyxvader
Id love to see this show on DVD, and Just The 10 Of Us.

Bronson Pinchot still shows up in things every now and then.
yes, like Surreal Life. MLB I havent seen in anything since PS.
Old 10-12-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would definitely buy a season set of Perfect Strangers. I've also been watching it on Ion. The video quality is terrible from the few episodes I've been able to catch.
Old 10-12-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember that WB mentioned in the last HTF chat that they were considering releasing Season 1 of PS (along with Season 1 of Family Matters) in 2008.
Old 10-12-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I would definitely buy a season set of Perfect Strangers. I've also been watching it on Ion. The video quality is terrible from the few episodes I've been able to catch.
I was just popping in to say the same thing. The PQ on Ion looks like they've been storing it in acid or something, horrible all the way around. It also seems like the eps are a bit clipped for syndication, but I can't remember for sure. I'm in for whatever they release of this, just please let us chapter skip through the intro. That has to be one of the longest intros I've ever seen.
Old 10-12-07, 02:30 PM

In regards to what Mark Linn Baker and Bronson Pinchot have been up to, they've worked steadily since that show, including stage work. Mark was on a sitcom on one of the off-networks (WB?) a few years ago, and Bronson was on "Surreal Life" (I didn't see it, but I'm not sure it's a good thing to be on that show). Also, both have "Law and Order" episodes on their credits. That's sort of a benchmark of veteran actors, at least getting a guest gig on one of the "Law and Order" shows.

Last edited by Breton; 10-12-07 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Hate to be the ass, but isn't there an extensive "Why isn't X on DVD?" thread?
Old 10-12-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Breton
In regards to what Mark Linn Baker and Bronson Pinchot have been up to, they've worked steadily since that show, including stage work. Mark was on a sitcom on one of the off-networks (WB?) a few years ago, and Bronson was on "Surreal Life" (I didn't see it, but I'm not sure it's a good thing to be on that show). Also, both have "Law and Order" episodes on their credits. That's sort of a benchmark of veteran actors, at least getting a guest gig on one of the "Law and Order" shows.
I guess getting a guest spot on Law and Order is the actor-equivalent of moving to Florida ...
Old 10-12-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
I remember that WB mentioned in the last HTF chat that they were considering releasing Season 1 of PS (along with Season 1 of Family Matters) in 2008.
considering? damn you WB - just release them! you release everything else! PS is far better than most of the crap on tv these days. let us PS fans enjoy balki and larry!

i dont get what the hold up is?
Old 10-12-07, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Breton
Also, both have "Law and Order" episodes on their credits. That's sort of a benchmark of veteran actors, at least getting a guest gig on one of the "Law and Order" shows.
Yeah, I just saw Pinchot on a L&O last week. Although it could have been a rerun... so hard to remember when it airs about 10 times a day on various channels. The most serious thing I've ever seen him do.
Old 10-13-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
Did WB happen to mention anything about, say, Tiny Toons?

Maybe the are having problems getting the right to the music in the musical episode.
Old 10-17-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
BAM

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Perfect...s-Release/8287

Bout freaking time!!!!!
Old 10-17-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YEAH! Now we can all do the DANCE OF JOY!

Old 10-17-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About time. I'll pick this up when it comes out.
Old 10-17-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

HELL FUCKING YES!!!!

i cant believe i started this thread a few days ago only for it to come true now! its like WB is reading my posts/my mind!!!

this is fucking awesome. thanks for the link quack!

definitely doing the dance of joy!!!
Old 10-17-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No idea what's taken Warner so long to release this. But it doesn't matter now. I'm all over this. Watching clips on YouTube brings back how great this show was. Just hope they use only the original network broadcasts (no syndicated cuts), replace as little music as possible, and finish the series.

--THX
Old 10-19-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 10-19-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's been announced, why is this thread still open? Shouldn't this be closed and a new thread with the street date in the title made?

EDIT: Never mind...glad to see somebody else already has the sense God gave a squirrel!
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=514812