Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So what's cancelled? What's barely hanging on? And what's a hit?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never really pay attention to ratings. I try to watch as much as I can and hope the shows I like make it for more than one season. Has anything been cancelled yet? There are a few shows on my dvr that I haven't even started yet so if they do get the shaft I probably never will.
Old 10-11-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nothing canceled yet... Highest rated new shows are Private Practice (which I watch) and Bionic Woman, but both those have had viewership drops.. nothing else is doing great. I really like the new show Journeyman, and hope that gets picked up for an entire season. I hope Cavemen gets canceled ASAP
Old 10-11-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Nashville was canceled.
Old 10-11-07, 12:37 PM

Pushing Daisies did really good last week. Gossip Girl got picked up for a full season. Dirty Sexy Money is looking likely to stay, and Life, Bionic Woman, Chuck, Cane and Journeyman have gotten extra script orders. Kville looks likely to be canceled soon, and everything else is unclear.
Old 10-11-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Must be a record not to have a Fox show canceled by now.
Old 10-11-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Wasn't Nashville on Fox?
Old 10-11-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jericho
Wasn't Nashville on Fox?
Yes, it was.
Old 10-11-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From another thread: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7465

NBC is sticking by its entire freshman class - "Bionic Woman," "Chuck," "Life," "Journeyman" - while CBS is keeping "Cane's" seat warm.

All five series have received the go ahead to pen additional scripts - four in the case of "Cane," three each for the Peacock entries.

To date only one series - The CW's "Gossip Girl" - has received a full season pick-up.
Old 10-11-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Gooter
Yes, it was.
Well, there you go.
Old 10-11-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Nashville was cancelled several weeks ago
Old 10-11-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
If only someone had mentioned that...

I honestly debated even starting in with Life or Journeyman, as they seemed destined for cancellation. However, I am enjoying both shows so hopefully they stick around.
Old 10-11-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
And don't forget that Anchorwoman was cancelled the day after it premiered.

I think it is still too early to even guess. Some shows are only on their 2nd or third episode so there is still plenty of time for viewership to plummet. K-Ville would not surprise me nor would Moonlight but if the networks don't have anything to fill their slots, why not burn them off?

What is more surprising is that they aren't ordering more scripts immediately just in case the writers' guild goes on strike and then they have nothing to shoot or show!
Old 10-11-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

MOONLIGHT actually seems to be safe for now from what I've been reading. The show has lost basically NO viewers since the premier - which is a very good sign. Plus its pulling in a respectiable amount of viewers for its friday night time-slot. Although with MEN IN TREES coming back friday, things could get interested.

PRIVATE PRACTICE, BIONIC WOMAN, DIRTY SEXY MONEY, and PUSHING DAISIES are almost gaureented for the back nine. CANE and LIFE both for orders for additional scripts which is a good sign.

Personally I think the next show to go will be the CW's LIFE IS WILD withless than 2 million viewers. And hopefully that will mean REAPER will be given the bennefit of the doubt.
Old 10-11-07, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Yeah, but did you know that Nashville was cancelled? And that it was on Fox?
Old 10-11-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Personally I think the next show to go will be the CW's LIFE IS WILD withless than 2 million viewers. And hopefully that will mean REAPER will be given the bennefit of the doubt.
I wish they would move Reaper, I have so many conflicts during that time. Sunday nights are much less crowded.
Old 10-11-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder how long the "Lifetime on ABC" experiment: "The Women's Murder Club" will last on Friday at 8 p.m.? I'll probably check it out since there's nothing else in that timeslot that I watch (gave up on Ghost Whisperer in its first season).
Old 10-11-07, 02:51 PM
Banned

What is more surprising is that they aren't ordering more scripts immediately just in case the writers' guild goes on strike and then they have nothing to shoot or show!
If the networks start rush ordering a bunch of scripts, that gives the guild more bargaining power, since it will show a concern on the part of the networks. On the other hand, if the guild goes on strike and no one orders extra scripts, every channel will basically be showing reruns, so it's not that big of a deal.
Old 10-11-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Of the four new NBC shows - Bionic Woman, Chuck, Jouneyman, & Life, the only one I like is Life. The writing on the others is just plain old bad. It's like they pulled writers from college. Bionic Woman had a promising concept, but they're blowing it with cheesy lines and corny setups. I roll my eyes at least 5 times per episode. Katee Sackhoff is the only thing worth watching the show for.
Old 10-12-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I wonder how long the "Lifetime on ABC" experiment: "The Women's Murder Club" will last on Friday at 8 p.m.? I'll probably check it out since there's nothing else in that timeslot that I watch (gave up on Ghost Whisperer in its first season).
“Lifetime on ABC”, that’s basically what Woman’s Murder Club is going to be like. Just to let you know, it’s actually on at 9pm (8pm for me) & it’s not going up against Ghost Whisperer, it’s going up against CBS’s Moonlight & NBC’s Friday Night Lights.

So basically it’s ABC’s, slip a Grey’s repeat in 2 weeks time, timeslot. I think it might hold on in the ratings & possibly beat FNL in the ratings considering most people watching primetime TV on Friday nights are over 60. Woman’s Murder Club has been getting horrible reviews & I might try it out but it looks tediously boring.

Kyle Secor (Homicide: Life on the Street) is supposed to appear on the show at some point but I don’t know when.

& did the same thing as you, dropped Ghost Whisperer after the first season. It’s one of the most repetitive shows this side of CSI: Miami.
Old 10-12-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, but that was during the summer, well before the 07-08 season started.

As for Nashville, according to a schedule FOX sent out yesterday it's scheduled to air in its normal time slot on 11/9. I don't necessarily believe it's going to air, but it may not be dead yet.
Old 10-12-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott27
Yeah, but that was during the summer, well before the 07-08 season started.
It was still listed along with all the other new shows in the Fall TV Previews so technically it was an earlier premier of this TV season.
Old 10-12-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nashville was already canceled wasn't it? That show was on Fox. So Fox has once again canceled a show.
Old 10-12-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nateman241
Woman’s Murder Club has been getting horrible reviews & I might try it out but it looks tediously boring.
I have read many positive reviews of Women's Murder Club, many have stated it's a fun, guilty pleasure-type show and that it was the biggest surprise as far as being much better than it sounded.
Old 10-12-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Too bad WMC is opposite FNL. I guess I'll be time-shifting WMC for a few episodes to see if I can stomach yet another procedural, though I do like Laura Harris (though I wish she'd grow out her hair).
Old 10-12-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that CBS will cancel something so Jericho can come back. I'm hoping it's Kid Nation, but that's doubtful since it's a short season and all the episodes are in the can.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.