Reload this Page >

Kitchen Nightmares---"Seascape"---10/10/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-10-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Another week, another crappy restaurant and our favorite chef.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Gordon visits Islip, NY, where a mother-son team is running their beloved family restaurant, Seascape, into the ground. A hard-headed chef, mixed with an inexperienced general manager, is a recipe for disaster. Gordon needs to make some serious changes if this restaurant is going to last through dinner service, and if the employees can't take the heat, they'll be kicked out of the kitchen in the "Seascape" episode of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES Wednesday, Oct. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Old 10-10-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I really like this show. Does anyone know how many episodes they filmed for this season? Hopefully it will be a returning series for next year.
Old 10-10-07, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
10 episodes total.

It's getting over 6M viewers a week and consider this is an inexpensive show to produce, I think it could be back.
Old 10-10-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good grief, is it really necessary to start the show with a 6 minute preview of tonight's episode that we are already tuned in to watch?
Old 10-10-07, 08:27 PM

i hope the problem isn't a bad manager again
Old 10-10-07, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
10 episodes total.

It's getting over 6M viewers a week and consider this is an inexpensive show to produce, I think it could be back.

also hell's kitchen averaged ~8M and that's enough to keep it coming back.

so if kitchen nightmare gets 6M that should be good enough, considering hell's kitchen needs: a location, room and board for contestants, sous chefs to watch over contestants, fake customers, a lot of food, rewards, etc, etc

kitchen nightmare just needs gordon, cameramen, some guys to research the restaurant/neighborhood before gordon arrives, and budget for overnight make over (which i think he shouldn't be doing)

the only issue might be that fox wants even better ratings for a fall show. but if that's the case they could just squeeze hell's kitchen and kitchen nightmare both into summer slot next time.
Old 10-10-07, 08:57 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Am I the only one seeing those glowing red eyes in some scenes on the show? It's like Fox is putting them in as some kind of subliminal message. WTF?
Old 10-11-07, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Am I the only one seeing those glowing red eyes in some scenes on the show? It's like Fox is putting them in as some kind of subliminal message. WTF?
No I saw it too I was like WTF is that......If I remember correctly they only appeared when Gordon got angry. I dont know why they inserted those eyes though it was just weird.
Old 10-11-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First time I watched this show.
Peter's father was right. He sucks. Good thing he sold the restaurant because he would've just run it right back into the ground. If this is what the show is like every week I doubt I'll be watching any more. It's a little hard to root for people that run a filthy restaurant only to have this show come in and fix everything for them. It's like Extreme Makeover Home Edition for Meth Labs.
Old 10-11-07, 01:57 AM

i can't believe the show found the chef this time.

doing the make-over for free is bad enough, especially the first episode where gordon should have forced the italian guy to sell his car.

doing a make-over, AND finding the new chef, AND doing the promotions is horrible.
Old 10-11-07, 04:32 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Ph8te
No I saw it too I was like WTF is that......If I remember correctly they only appeared when Gordon got angry. I dont know why they inserted those eyes though it was just weird.
Those two red dots have appeared in every episode. I thought it was some weird artifact from my LED DLP TV, but last night I was sick, and watching the episode in bed on the 25" CRT in the bedroom and still saw the red dots... dunno what they are tho.
Old 10-11-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hint: Think about a character from somewhere that has these red 'dots'.
Old 10-11-07, 08:50 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's a picture of the red dots I found online:

Some people think it's some kind of subliminal promo for that Terminator show that's coming on Fox.
Old 10-11-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Those red eyes have been appearing on almost every FOX show. Look closer next time they're on, you can see robotic eye sockets.

It's advertising for the upcoming "Sarah Connors Chronicles" show. They're Terminator eyes.

edit: Howiefan beat me to it.
Old 10-11-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look more like Johnny Five eyes
Old 10-11-07, 10:44 AM

My favorite quote was the chef saying " I cooked the chicken on Friday and cooked it again on Saturday. That's just what you do."
Old 10-11-07, 11:29 AM

That chef needed to go. He didn't care what he was cooking and in what conditions he was cooking in. He had done this for 35 years? I wonder how many people have gotten sick from his cooking and never made the connection to what got them sick.
Old 10-11-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I shudder to think how many times I've eaten in a restaurant with kitchen staff like that.
Old 10-11-07, 12:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I like this show and find it a fun watch, I live on Long Island, its pretty scary that its so easy finding bad restaurant after bad restaurant here.

Thanks for bringing up the red eyes, I thought it was just me... creepy
Old 10-11-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I rarely am able to watch "trainwreck" shows, but did watch last night. They all seem to say "fuck" a fair amount. Not sure if I will watch again, though.
Old 10-11-07, 03:22 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

great show, wonder if those 2 chefs who got fired will ever find a job again
Old 10-11-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
It's the pig Jodie from the Amityville Horror. I heard she really likes this show.
Old 10-11-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm curious if anybody else has been seeing this.

I've noticed that the edits are whorrible! For example, they told us that:

-- The WEEK had changed the relationship between mother and son. However, the two were wearing the same outfits as opening night for the relaunch. However, after the relaunch the voice over said Ramsay stuck around for the remainder of the week.

-- Peter's interviews were actually one interview! He was wearing the same outfit, but actually referencing diffrent points throughout the visit. Gordon showed me...Gordon has me ready for tonight...etc.

-- Gordon's miraculious peptalk in the "middle" of Peter's breakdown was actually in preparation to opening for the the relaunch at roughly 6:10pm.

I don't understand why they are going back after the fact and having the participants discuss what had happened as if it was happening or yet to happen. Further example of this was the old chef saying he was pissed in the present tense, followed by sadness of being fired.

I've watched the UK version of this show and never seen this practice before. Frankly I don't know why they are doing this. It takes me out of the scene I'm watching, causing me to try and figure out the proper sequence of events. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this and wrong.
Old 10-12-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll agree the show is terrible in it's set ups, execution, plotting, and well... it's obviously all set up. And the make-overs they do for each restaurant all look exactly the same, just with different colors. In all honesty, they make the places look tacky and typical.

This episode wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't that good. You can tell when they've got nothing to work with in regard to the staff and their personalities, and this show seemed pretty dull. Even the pissy chef didn't have a blow-up or anything, he just left with a whimper. They really need to get off of Long Island and have Gordon travel the country. If Gordon doesn't spend the entire time chewing off heads, much like Hell's Kitchen, the quality (or lack thereof) shows it's ugly head real quick.

Last edited by islandclaws; 10-12-07 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
It's the pig Jodie from the Amityville Horror. I heard she really likes this show.

I pretty much have the same opinion on last night’s episode as KillerCannabis, not horrible but dull. I’m watching a FOX reality show, I want major drama, lots (we did still get some) bad edits & some real ‘over the top’ characters damn it!

I did get a good laugh at the beginning of the episode when Ramsay eats the food to test how bad it is & when he tries the mother’s cookie & chokes & turns over to the old people sitting at the table next to him & says, “I’m surprised you guys are still alive!”.

The “drama” part when Gordon took the owner to the boxing place & he told his “oh, so dramatic” story about how his father never loved him & told him he wouldn’t amount to anything & when he was boxing, the fine folks in the FOX editing department decided to start doing the classic’, ‘flash’s of a picture of his father’.

I pretty thought that he’d sell the seascape. If it was his fathers pride & joy, he’d definitely sell it considering his father treated him like sh*t. Those chefs that got fired didn’t look like they cared that terribly much.

Anyways, regarding the ratings; considering that it’s up against Criminal Minds, Private Practice & Bionic Woman, its ratings are pretty respectable. I hope this show comes back but FOX decides to team it up with Hell’s Kitchen in the summertime.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.