Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you think this DVD is out of print now?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon is claiming that the 3 Tenors 1994 concert DVD (including Pavarotti) will be available in 3 to 6 weeks. Every other store is saying that it is out of stock. This DVD was released in 1997, so I wonder if they plan on producing more of them, or if they will just let it go out of print.

I know that after Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) died, all of his DVDs went out of stock within a few days of his death. Only one of them, a movie that he starred in, is still in print.

Any opinions on whether they will produce more or not? Here is a link to the DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Tenors-Concert.../dp/6304531303
Old 10-10-07, 01:14 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
If you are a speculator. You are gambling one of the most popular music dvd's of all time won't be reissued in a better version or that there isnt more stock hidden in a wherehouse somewhere. The odds are that a better version is around the corner as is typical when something goes out of print. Irwins family probaly had tighter control of his rights. this property is probably shared among more people. Have you checked the status of the other 3 tenors dvds?
Old 10-10-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't see where it has been "offically" listed as Out-of-Print.
Old 10-14-07, 09:25 PM

The other two DVDs are both in stock (plentiful stock, since they don't say "ships in x weeks"). There was a new version of the 1990 concert DVD released back in August, so who knows if they plan on releasing new versions of the other 2 concerts?

The 1994 DVD looks like it might be out of print now. Amazon no longer says "3 to 5 weeks", they aren't selling it anymore. The DVD page only lets you choose from third-party sellers.