DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Outsourced

Old 10-09-07, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outsourced

Yay for low budget Indie art from Seattle: http://www.outsourcedthemovie.com/home.cfm (I知 originally from Seattle... and I知 a starving artist/corporate drone). I saw this over the weekend (in SF, not Seattle) and loved it. It was warm and funny while at the same time taking a serious look at the issue of outsourcing and globalization. Definitely recommend it. It痴 playing in limited cities but the DVD is already available on the website.
Old 10-09-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw it at the Toronto Film Festival last year and liked it much more than I expected form the synopsis.

This story could have very easily been jokey or sentimental, but I felt they did a good job of not going too far in either direction.
Old 10-11-07, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree the story could have taken the film down a bad road, but the tone and the details they used kept it from doing so. I also thought that they really drove home how distanced the main character was from everything in his life (work, family, friends, love), and made India that force that brought him closer to life. Without that slightly spiritual bent (and the scene in the temple to Shiva lingam) it could have been such a stereotypical story. Heard they are gonna make it into a TV show: http://www.reuters.com/article/email...27588820071007