Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Feast of Love - short review

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-06-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Although the cast (Morgan Freeman, Greg Kinnear, Rahma Mitchell, Jane Alexander, Alexa Davalos, Billy Burke, Selma Blair) for this film give good performances, the film struggles out of the gate with a fairly unengaging first 2/3 of a film, but it ends on a heartfelt note. The common thread for the group of characters is that a coffee shop where they come in and out of one another lives and pair off with various degrees of commitment, and/or sustain bonds of friendship when met with curveballs life throws at them.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Mr. Skin will have a few more entries for most of the actresses in the film, though they could have shot a more modest version of the film without really impacting the story. But, I'm not ungrateful for the way some of the scenes were shot.
Old 02-13-08, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just watched this last night. While it has the usual relationship cliches. I still thought it was a good movie. Besides I am always a sucker for a Morgan Freeman WISE performance.
Old 02-14-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this theatrically and LOVED it. I think Greg Kinnear is terrific and believe he will win an Oscar one day.
Old 02-14-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts
Sorry. I loved the cast (and director), but I ***hated*** this movie.