DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : whats up with these radio sports bet handicappers

atari2600
10-06-07, 06:55 PM
they are on sports talk radio every sat and sun mornings - often with a wierd new yorker accent or something.

they brag about how great they are, how they went undefeated (as usual) the previous week, and how if you call now you get the monday night game for free. crap like that.

are they for real? do they always go undefeated? normally id laugh at them but since they make all their picks public, they cant be lying...right? i have this feeling they are manipulating their stats somehow.

are the phone calls really free? is it a scam? whats the deal with these pro handicappers? why are they so interested in giving away their picks? is it to draw you in and pay for more crap later on?

Red Dog
10-06-07, 07:06 PM
Yeah - they always go undefeated. :lol:

The general scam I've heard with these is that when people call, half will get one side of a game and the other half with get the opposite side. Therefore, half will win, think the guy is a genius and call back the next week. Rinse and repeat.

atari2600
10-06-07, 07:12 PM
Yeah - they always go undefeated. :lol:

i know...thats my thought too yet they keep bragging about it. yet their picks before the games have to be made public somewhere - are they jsut flat out lying about their records?

The general scam I've heard with these is that when people call, half will get one side of a game and the other half with get the opposite side. Therefore, half will win, think the guy is a genius and call back the next week. Rinse and repeat.

ah...makes sense.