Search this Thread

Old 09-30-07, 10:39 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Brothers & Sisters *Season Premiere* - "Home Front" - 9/30/07

"Home Front"
Spoiler:
The Walker family struggle to find cheer in celebrating Kitty's birthday. Sarah fights to salvage what's left of her failing marriage; Kevin learns the hard way about the sacrifices that true love brings; Tommy is at a loss as to how to provide the emotional support needed by his overwhelmed wife, Julia, after the death of their newborn son, while Kitty gets a first hand look at the challenges of being engaged to a U.S. senator. Meanwhile, Saul questions his identity after a visit from an old friend, and the family's newest member, Rebecca, tries desperately to find her place in this very complex family puzzle.
Old 09-30-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
One of the shows I'm really looking forward to tonight. It will be interesting to see how this season progresses since Greg Berlanti has left as showrunner to work on Eli Stone.
Old 09-30-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait.
Old 09-30-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm there. This has become my favorite show, and I'm actually watching the First Season DVD, as we speak. This, and Desperate Housewives, are what Sunday night television are all about!
Old 09-30-07, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
One of the shows I'm really looking forward to tonight. It will be interesting to see how this season progresses since Greg Berlanti has left as showrunner to work on Eli Stone.
I'm actually scared... I LOVED the first season - easily the best thing on television last year! But with Berlanti only a supervising producer instead of a show-runner I'm scared as to how this show will progress (EVERWOOD was still good in seasons 3 and 4, but it just didn't have the same strive the first two seasons had when Berlanti was in charge of things). Personally I wish networks would put show runners under contract for a number of years - like the cast.

But despite my fears I'm pshyced for tonights episode! Only 2 hours and 29 minutes :-)
Old 09-30-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, this episode has been awesome, so far!

The fight between Nora and Kitty, in the dress shop, was great!

LOFL! The whole family arguing while waiting for a seat at the Mexican restaurant! Nora yelling at the group of guys, telling them all about her family problems, and saying, "So, if you could all move your drunken asses out of the seats, maybe my family can enjoy a damn burrito, and end this miserable evening!" Great stuff!

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 09-30-07 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-30-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whoever does the promos for ABC needs to be shot.
Old 09-30-07, 10:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
The scene at the restaurant was great

Solid start to the season.
Old 10-01-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This was a "classic" episode for the series. I really liked the bookends with Sally Field and Emily Vancamp - it added a perfect sentimental tone to the episode.

My one complaint with the episode though lies within Kevin. Now I know many of my friends havn't really enjoyed his character - but for one reason or another I've always kinda liked him. But tonight he kept pissing me off, I had never realized how whiney/needed his character had become...

Oh, and it was nice to see Tommy and his wife finally get some screentime, let alone their own story-arc in a non-sweep episode .
Old 10-01-07, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The series has not lost the momentum that it started in season 1. Great writing, Funny scenes, heartfelt emotions and great dialogue.
Old 10-01-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know it's Los Angeles, but still... does every man that Kevin dates have to look like a model?
Old 10-01-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
While I found alot of the family annoying this episode, I think Kevin had the annoying dialed up to 11 this episode. Jeez.

The fight in the wedding dress shop was pretty funny.

Otherwise good episode. Great stuff watching everybody go at it at the Mexican Restaurant.
Old 10-03-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I know it's Los Angeles, but still... does every man that Kevin dates have to look like a model?
Well in his defense, he IS supposed to be Rob Lowe's brother. Besides I think we know that Kevin is pretty much shallow enough to only date "hotties".

On another note, I saw that John Pyper-Ferguson was listed as a guest star in this episode which I assume means he is no longer a full-time cast member on the show. Guess it is bye-bye Joe Whedon!
Old 10-03-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well in his defense, he IS supposed to be Rob Lowe's brother. Besides I think we know that Kevin is pretty much shallow enough to only date "hotties".

On another note, I saw that John Pyper-Ferguson was listed as a guest star in this episode which I assume means he is no longer a full-time cast member on the show. Guess it is bye-bye Joe Whedon!
I read he was demoted to guest star and will be recurring.
As for Kevin dating Hotties, have you ever thought he just attracts them? Kevin is not bad looking.

Originally Posted by boogieman03
While I found allot of the family annoying this episode, I think Kevin had the annoying dialed up to 11 this episode. Jeez.

I don't think Kevin was any more annoying than any other family member is at times.