Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 9/30/07 to 10/06/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-07, 01:14 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 9/30/07 to 10/06/07

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy - this figurine for $4.99 which includes a Digital Comics DVD (FANTASTIC 4 : The Lost Jack Kirby Story (never available in Print), exclusive Interviews and more) when you buy Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer – Power Cosmic Edition
free plush and this bank tin for $4.99 with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition
bonus DVD of some stand-up with The Sarah Silverman Program: Season 1
HBO Comedy Sampler Disc with the purchase of any HBO DVD title

Target - Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer – Deluxe Edition will include 39 page “Origins Of The Silver Surfer’ comic by Stan Lee and over 140 minutes of additional footage featuring the Silver Surfer & more (all but the comic may not be truly exclusive to Target, but the 2nd disc features)
bonus disc with 50 minutes of Q & A from cast & producers at the US Comedy Arts Festival with Entourage Season 3.2
booklet with How I Met Your Mother: Season 2
bonus DVD with Jericho: Season 1 of 29 minute Q&A with the cast and creative team at The Museum of Television and Radio
$5 giftcard with purchase of both The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition and Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams
audio CD of SK short stories with 1408

Circuit City - bonus DVD with Fantastic Four: Power Cosmic Edition bonus contains over 30 minutes of behind-the-scenes "production Diaries" showing various aspects of the making of the movie - Behind the Scenes Production Diaries (in 11 segments)
- The Bridge (3:36) - Location filming on Bridge Glacier where Dr. Doom & Silver Surfer first meet.
- Build Out (3:40) - Building Dr. Doom's Lair (Includes Timelapse of building set)
- Rooftop Wedding (2:57) - Filming Rooftop Wedding
- Thing's New Suit (2:38) - Details of new suit
- Thing vs. Bear (2:24) - Filming the bear sequence
- London Eye (2:49) - Filming the London scenes, including green screen.
- Big Rig (2:11) - Filming Thing moving truck, which was done with a big crane.
- Day 1 (4:47) - Follows cast/crew on day 1 of shooting, club sequence.
- 2200 Lbs. (1:55) - Film of crew lifting huge fake weights (likely for Thing)
- 30 Below (3:20) - Film of crew in a very cold building/warehouse that was to have been used for a sequence in the film.
- Story Update (2:01) - Director talking about airport sequence from beginning of film.
- DVD-ROM Content
blu-ray version contains same bonus DVD
t-shirt with 1408
L t-shirt with Entourage Season 3.2
HBO comedy sampler DVD with purchase of any HBO TV set
Little Golden Book with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Wal Mart - several older exclusives have been restocked and lowered to $9.99; these include music CDs with Everyone's Hero, Little Miss Sunshine, Big Momma 2, and John Tucker Must Die, a t-shirt with Napoleon Dynamite 2 Disc, book with Eragon, bonus DVDs with X-Men 3 and Ice Age 2
CD soundtrack w/ videos with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition
illustrated guidebook with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
FF2 movie download for $1.97 with purchase of marked copies of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
1408 bare bones bundled with Derailed

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - 3 free ringtone card for 1408
Poster for The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition
Indivually numbered film cell for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Borders - t-shirt with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
lithograph set and postcards with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Costco - The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition giftset includes DVDs and 3 pins, similar to BB Little Mermaid set
Fantastic Four Gift Set has the 2-disc Fantastic Four, and the 2-disc Rise of the Silver Surfer. It comes housed in a big box with a t-shirt and sunglasses for $39.99

Barnes and Noble - postcard booklet with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
soundtrack CD with The War: A Film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick
four lithographs with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Blockbuster - interactive CD-Rom with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

K-Mart/Sears - Limited Edition Lenticular cover with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Free mini-book and disney coupon booklet with purchase of The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - 4 lenticular trading cards with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Disney Store - Ratatouille - Pre-Order before 11/6 and receive four lithographs
four lithographs and collectible snow globe with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Ralphs - free Jungle Book lunch box with The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Meijers - Jungle Book sports bottle with purchase of The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition
lenticular trading cards with purchase of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Giant Food/Giant Eagle - free snack box w/ The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by Trevor; 06-20-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-28-07, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Giant Eagle, a grocery chain with stores in OH, PA, WV, and MD, has a free Jungle Book snack box with purchase of The Jungle Book dvd. It looks like one of those old metal-style lunchboxes, but since they call it a snack box it's probably half the size. Here's a link to the ad if anyone is interested.
Old 09-28-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC has a bonus disc with Fantastic Four: Power Cosmic Edition
Old 09-28-07, 04:02 PM

Thanks, both added.
Old 09-28-07, 05:01 PM

I just posted pics of the BestBuy Canada pre-order lithograph on the Transformers thread.. I would expect it to be in US Bestbuys as we also got the Fantatic Four Silver Surfer lithograph..
Later
Old 09-28-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Free t-shirt with 1408 DVD @ Circuit City
Old 09-29-07, 08:55 AM

I wonder what the CC F4:Silver Surfer Bonus DVD will have on it. Am choosing between getting this version or getting the version with the comic at Target.
Old 09-29-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Costco has a Gift Set of Jungle Book - it's the two-disc DVD + 3 pin set. Very Similar to the one BB had for the Little Mermaid
Old 09-29-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Looking at the CC flyer now, here are their other DVD exclusives:

A Free bonus disc including a full episode of The Unit. It's pictured next to S1 of Shark, so I assume it's with that.

When you buy Entourage Season 3 part 2, you get a free T-Shirt, it's a large "o" of the Entourage logo (star inscribed in center), with "Entourage" written below.

The Jungle Book: Comes with a free Little Golden Book.

In addition, CC also has the same HBO comedy sampler Best Buy does, w/purchase of an HBO show.
Old 09-29-07, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
In addition, CC also has the same HBO comedy sampler Best Buy does, w/purchase of an HBO show.
This is probably the same sampler I found at Costco a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-29-07, 07:26 PM

so target, WM, and CC all have bonus discs?! Sheesh...
Old 09-29-07, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by prozac80
That's nothing. We've had weeks where one release has up to 7 different exclusives.

Question for anyone who bought Knocked Up at BB. Is the disc set inside the exclusive card deck box still sealed?
Old 09-29-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
That's nothing. We've had weeks where one release has up to 7 different exclusives.

Question for anyone who bought Knocked Up at BB. Is the disc set inside the exclusive card deck box still sealed?

Yep, it's the sealed 2-disc w/o the slipcase
Old 09-29-07, 11:02 PM

Going by their website, it looks like the Wal-Mart exclusive might be an illustrated guide book and not a DVD. Plus it looks like it's only with the single disc edition.

Old 09-29-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
Originally Posted by prozac80

trevor, are you including futureshop and canadian bestbuys in that number? because i think seven is actually conservative lol.
Old 09-30-07, 04:51 AM
Cool New Member

According to Wal-Mart's website, the exclusive with The Jungle Book is actually a CD with 11 songs, 3 exclusive to Wal-Mart, and 2 music videos.
Old 09-30-07, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the answers and additions everyone, first post updated.
Old 09-30-07, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by EvlAsh
Going by their website, it looks like the Wal-Mart exclusive might be an illustrated guide book and not a DVD. Plus it looks like it's only with the single disc edition.

well that's a relief!
Old 09-30-07, 12:03 PM

K-Mart exclusives:
Limited Edition Lenticular cover with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (ad does not specify which edition)
Free mini-book with purchase of The Jungle Book
Old 09-30-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EvlAsh
K-Mart exclusives:
Limited Edition Lenticular cover with Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (ad does not specify which edition)
Free mini-book with purchase of The Jungle Book
Ah..shit. I haven't been to k-mart in ages. I guess I now have a reason to.
Old 09-30-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Circuit City - bonus DVD with Fantastic Four: Power Cosmic Edition
I wonder if it's the same disc that was handed out back in june w/ a 10dollar dvd title purchase. Circuit city is usually a pain in the ass for me to get too and I only go if it's a "must have" exclusive.
Old 09-30-07, 06:40 PM

wmt exclusives oct 9

looks like wmt has evan almighty w/ty beanie 2 pack & surf's up with necklace and music cd 2 pack for the oct 9 release[IMG]javascripthoto_opener('http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/33/96/23/0004339623145_500X500.jpg,http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/33/96/23/0004339623145_500X500.jpg,http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/33/96/23/0004339623145_AV_60X60.gif&product_id=7731105','/catalog/detail.gsp','1','false','','0');[/IMG]
Old 09-30-07, 06:58 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by sillymonkey
looks like wmt has evan almighty w/ty beanie 2 pack & surf's up with necklace and music cd 2 pack for the oct 9 release:

Fixed.
Old 09-30-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would save that Oct 9th Surf's Up info for when Trevor opens the exclusives thread for next week
Old 09-30-07, 07:48 PM

Anyone knows if the FF: Silver Surfer exclusive at Circuit City is going to come in 1 package (like their Ghost Rider exclusive), or if it's going to be a loose additional disc? If it's loose, I might just go for the comic book at Target instead.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.