Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Dark Sky's Eaten Alive SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Sky's Eaten Alive SE

Forgot this was coming out today. Found it at Walmart for $14.96. Cheapest around, as far as I've seen. Was looking through the extras and didn't know how many different names this movie went under. The Japanese trailer for the Death Trap/The Devil's Swamp version of the film is a real treat. Makes the movie seem alot better than it really is. Make sure to view the comment cards...fucking hilarious. Glad Dark Sky recalled the first release to make way for this one.
Old 09-26-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m not that familiar with Dark Sky Films but I was very impressed with the 2-disc Ultimate Edition of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre DVD they released last year.
Old 09-26-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dark Sky are up there with the best. Their releases are quality from top to bottom, from the packaging to the features to the transfers.
Old 09-26-07, 10:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
question: how is the actual movie?
Old 09-26-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Slow and not well made. But, if you don't compare it to TCM, and just enjoy it as a sleazy, goofy little pic, you should come out okay.
Old 09-26-07, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Dark Sky are up there with the best. Their releases are quality from top to bottom, from the packaging to the features to the transfers.

Except when their transfers are missing sound effects and screams (as with TCM) or improperly matted.
Old 09-26-07, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by man*machine
Except when their transfers are missing sound effects and screams (as with TCM) or improperly matted.
I'd still take Dark Sky's Chainsaw DVD over Pioneer's any day of the week. The whole transfer is faulty on Pioneer's disc.
Old 09-26-07, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover
I'd still take Dark Sky's Chainsaw DVD over Pioneer's any day of the week.
That doesn't eliminate the fact that Dark Sky has screwed up on some of their releases. The lost audio on their TCM release is inexcusable considering how many years they were preparing that so-called "ultimate edition" and how they touted it to high heaven for months before and upon release. After all that hype, they couldn't even get the audio right without sound efx and voices missing? They also ignored all complaints and refused to acknowledge the screw-up.

Comparing their release to the Pioneer disc which came out almost 10 years ago is really stretching it.
Old 09-26-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i know this is off topic but can anyone point to a review that might point out whats wrong with the dark sky TCM ultimate edition?
Old 09-28-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I have a legal copy of the unreleased Dark Sky single disc of Eaten Alive that was supposed to have come out last year.

Any ideas if this might be worth decent OOP $$?
Old 09-28-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not unless it has anything that didn't make it to this disc. In actuality it would probably be worth less since they used a new print for the transfer on the re-issue.
Old 09-28-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
I have a legal copy of the unreleased Dark Sky single disc of Eaten Alive that was supposed to have come out last year.

Any ideas if this might be worth decent OOP $$?
not really..it has a worse transfer than the new one they released which was why it was never released to begin with previuosly
i got a copy of it from a horror convention since i had never seen the movie..ended up selling it for 10 bucks on another forum as i could not generate any interest on this one