Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Any cast changes for SNL this season?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Any cast changes for SNL this season?

Watching the third airing of the Jake Gyllenhaal hosted "SNL" right now, I was wondering if there will be any cast changes this year. Lorne Michaels cut a few last year. Is there any word on anyone leaving this year and/or new cast members? The worst IMO is Andy Samberg. He's so painful to watch, he makes Jimmy Fallon tolerable. They also desperately need some new writers.
Old 09-22-07, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nope... everyone is coming back
Old 09-23-07, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
The worst IMO is Andy Samberg.
I doubt he's going anywhere- SNL Digital Shorts are arguably SNL's most popular feature nowadays. And Samberg was featured on several magazine covers this summer.
Old 09-23-07, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Maya Rudolph? Last week I read an article saying that she hadn't resigned yet.
Old 09-23-07, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd like to see Maya leave. I'm so sick of them finding a way for her to do her Whitney Houston impression. I also agree with Samberg being like Fallon... outside of the digital shorts, I've seen nothing to like about him.
Old 09-23-07, 06:58 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Is Maya Rudolph? Last week I read an article saying that she hadn't resigned yet.
thank christ!
Old 09-23-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
No, she's not leaving.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...lphs/800022718
Old 09-23-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LeBron James hosting the opener with Kanyne West as musical guest doesnt have me excited about the new season.Although Seth Rogen hosting the follower helps
Old 09-23-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know, we'll have to see how Rogen performs in an environment in which he's not allowed to improvise with the words "cock" or "fuck".
Old 09-23-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm really likin' Jason Sudekis. I feel like his comic sensibilities and on-camera demeanor helped fill in what was lost when they cut Chris Parnell, which I thought was a mistake.
Old 09-24-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wish Maya Rudolph wasn’t coming back & I agree that Andy Samberg makes Jimmy Fallon tolerable.

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I wish Amy Poehler wasn’t coming back either, she’s not funny.
Old 09-24-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
I don't know, we'll have to see how Rogen performs in an environment in which he's not allowed to improvise with the words "cock" or "fuck".
Or tell us why we are all gay.

I love Rogan. Might be a good episode.
Old 09-24-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by nateman241
I wish Maya Rudolph wasn’t coming back & I agree that Andy Samberg makes Jimmy Fallon tolerable.

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I wish Amy Poehler wasn’t coming back either, she’s not funny.
I don't agree with Rudolph, but i'll definitely join you in the minority about Poehler. I found her amusing at first, but now she's just fucking grating.

So, I guess if we get one more, we'll be a majority?

Oh, and Samberg is pretty bad.
Old 09-24-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At this point, they need to just alternate Baldwin and Timberlake as hosts every other week until they can get some talent in to replace the current cast members. This would make the show watchable.
Old 09-24-07, 03:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
LeBron James hosting the opener with Kanye West as musical guest doesnt have me excited about the new season.
50-50 chance of audience gun play this week.

BTW : Kanye is so unbelievably untalented. Anyone see 'The Police' finale on 'Live Earth'? 10 minutes of him 'Yo-Yo-Yo'-ing. Embarrassing.
Old 09-24-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by Patrick G
At this point, they need to just alternate Baldwin and Timberlake as hosts every other week until they can get some talent in to replace the current cast members. This would make the show watchable.
Wasn't that one of the original ideas: to have a set of revolving hosts who would do a show every 4-6 weeks.

IIRC, it was discussed at other times in the show's run as well......
Old 09-24-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patrick G
No Walken? Sad.
Old 09-24-07, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mnementh
I doubt he's going anywhere- SNL Digital Shorts are arguably SNL's most popular feature nowadays. And Samberg was featured on several magazine covers this summer.
He also starred in his first movie, Hot Rod, this summer too.

I generally find him pretty irritating and some of his Digital Shorts are the worst examples of his work. In particular Andy Walking and Andy Popping Into Frame. Just, really unimaginative, self-aggrandizing stuff. Is it really necessary for him to appear in every single one?
Old 09-24-07, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

EW is now reporting that Rudolph is not coming back:

Rudolph Not Returning to 'SNL'

It can’t be! But it is: EW has learned that contrary to published reports, Maya Rudolph is not returning to Saturday Night Live for an eighth season. NBC was told of Rudolph's departure on Sept. 24, just five days before the show’s season premiere. While no official reason was given for her exit, a spokesperson for NBC says, ''We wish Maya nothing but the best.'' (This means SNL is down to two funny women: Amy Poehler and Kristen Wiig. No word yet on whether any new cast members will be added later in the season, but the rest of the '06-'07 cast will be returning.)

During her seven seasons on the show, Rudolph built a wide repertoire of characters, from Wake Up Wakefield's awkwardly hormonal teen host Megan to Bronx Beat's irritable housewife Jodi. Of course, we'll miss her gift for sublime celebrity impersonations the most. So Beyonce, Whitney, Oprah, Donatella — sleep easy tonight. As for the rest of us, we'll always have reruns.
Old 09-24-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why oh why could it not have been Keenan Thompson.
Old 09-25-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

EW is now reporting that she IS coming back.
Old 09-26-07, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As long as Wiig is still there, Rudolph and Poehler are less important.
Old 09-26-07, 08:10 AM
Suspended

Okay, honestly, Maya Rudolph has got to stop toying with our emotions. After telling NBC on Sunday (Sept. 23) that she would not be returning to Saturday Night Live — which was a sudden change of heart, as all involved expected her to return — the woman behind the best Oprah impression on earth has now decided she will be back after all. Seriously. For real.

In a statement released to NBC, the fickle comedianne tells her now completely flummoxed — but no doubt relieved — fans: ''It was an agonizing decision, but ultimately, I feel I made the best choice both as a mother and as an actress. I couldn’t be happier to be returning to SNL.''

Great news. See you this Saturday, Maya. Now, we’re going to go lie down.
Old 09-26-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. I have no idea who any of these people are. I guess I haven't tuned in for about the last seven years or so. Strange, I used to be a huge fan of the show.
Old 09-26-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They will probably redo the old Billy Martin skit from years ago with his multiple hirings and refirings and replace him with Maya (or was that on a different show)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.