Reload this Page >

WarGames Double Feature: Anamorphic?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-19-07, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's an MGM double feature DVD I keep seeing at Wal-Mart (one of those ones in the yellow-fringed slipcases) of WarGames and some other title I can never commit to memory. Has anyone bought this to see if WarGames is now in anamorphic widescreen? I would normally assume not, but the double feature of 48 Hrs/Another 48 Hrs. was anamorphic when the stand-alone discs weren't, so there's a chance. It doen't help that Fox Video no longer indicates "anamorphic" on their packaging...
Old 09-19-07, 06:20 PM

I asked about this once before and a few people thought it was not. If anyone can contradict that, please do so...I would jump in my car and go pick it up in a heartbeat!
Old 09-29-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would not be. The other double feature you were referring to is Paramount, the only studio to strip the extras and stick both movies on a single side of a single disc. All MGM/Fox, Universal, WB and Buena Vista Double Features contain the same discs that are already on the market (in WB's case, pressed to each side of a double-layer/double-sided, everyone else literally the exact same discs).
Old 10-01-07, 02:28 PM
Banned

droidguy1119, thanks for the update! I did not know that, but it will be good knowledge for me to have going forward.

Does one have to sacrifice a limb to get a decent print of this out on DVD...?