Barry Manilow Says "No Thanks" to The View

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barry Manilow Says "No Thanks" to The View

OY Vey! Dangerous?

Read Story here.

Barry Manilow to Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Screw View!

If you were planning to catch the "Mandy" singer on The View today, your plans have just changed. In a message posted on his website yesterday, he announced that he'd canceled his appearance. "I had made a request," he writes, "that I be interviewed by Joy [Behar], Barbara [Walters] or Whoopi [Goldberg] but not Elisabeth," whom TMZ has quoted him as calling "dangerous" and "offensive." "Unfortunately," he continues on his blog, "the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request, so I bowed out." Score another one for Team Rosie.
Old 09-18-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The gays have to stick together! The Pink Mafia!

Last edited by rfduncan; 09-18-07 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-18-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting that no one else is allowed to have an opinion. I guess only Rosie was allowed to speak her mind... whether you agree with E or not.. she is entitled to her opinion.
Old 09-18-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
She's entitled to her opinion and he's entitled to not want to talk to her. Not sure I see the big deal. He declined to appear. Is he making a big stink about it?
Old 09-18-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Interesting that no one else is allowed to have an opinion. I guess only Rosie was allowed to speak her mind... whether you agree with E or not.. she is entitled to her opinion.
And Barry's entitled not to talk to her. So he didn't. But I think he could've handled this better by going on the View and showing that he is more accepting than her.
Old 09-18-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does the View usually do just 1-on-1 interviews with celebs?
Old 09-18-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
Does the View usually do just 1-on-1 interviews with celebs?

For a big time guest all 4 (5) of them are there for the interview. For the minor guests they generally split up with 2 of them doing an interview or segment and then the other 2 doing the next interview or segment.
Old 09-18-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is going to get him more publicity that his appearance on The View would have, so mission accomplished.
Old 09-18-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts
Except that not surprisingly, he is not. And since contrary to him I doubt she would have boycotted the show if he had appeared, he in fact comes off much less accepting.
Old 09-18-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was watching The View for a few minutes (god knows why?) & this one lady (Sherri Shepherd) was talking about how she doesn’t believe in evolution & then they all started arguing about whether the world is flat or not, it was hilarious!

I couldn’t fathom why anybody would want to listen too these ladies talk on a regular basis.

I think Joy Behar is the only somewhat sane person on the show.

Good for Manilow!
Old 09-18-07, 12:38 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I saw a commerical for his new album of cheesy 70s covers. I am really curious who buys this stuff.
Old 09-18-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Her views are dangerous and offensive? Are those the code words for not falling in line with the rest of Hollywood?
Old 09-18-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Barry Manilow = douche.
Old 09-18-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
And Manilow is entitled not to be interviewed by her.
Old 09-18-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
I saw a commerical for his new album of cheesy 70s covers. I am really curious who buys this stuff.
I was thinking about picking a few up until I saw what an intolerant, narrow-minded bigot he is.
Old 09-18-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
He and Rod Stewart should do an album of karaoke together.
Old 09-18-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's his right to boycott The View because he hates conservatives. And it's the right of conservatives to boycott his albums because he's a bigot.
Old 09-18-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doughboy
It's his right to boycott The View because he hates conservatives. And it's the right of conservatives to boycott his albums because he's a bigot.
And I'm sure some of them will. I still don't see the problem. Now if he goes and cries when conservatives don't buy his albums then we can talk about it but until then I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Old 09-18-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, as a regular View watcher, I have to say I agree with Barry on this.

She dominates every single interview, talks over the guest, constantly brings up politics when it's not even as issue.

Case in point: Susan Sarandon was on last to promote her new movie and everytime Bitsy asked her a question, she had to say "While I don't agree with you politically..." She seriously said that like 3 different times! It was rude and embarassing since Susan wasn't even talking about politics and wasn't there to discuss her politics. Elisabitch pulled the same shit with Martin Sheen.

And the week before, Patti Scialfa was the musical guest. Earlier in the show during Hot Topics, Bitsy went on a tirade about adultery. Then later she was interviewing Scialfa about her marriage with Bruce and their children's ages, etc. and Patti mentioned that they had kids before they were married. Bitsy gave this nervous laugh, and then said "oh, SAUUUCY!" It was so embarassing. I am amazed the little twit has a job on television, much less is allowed to interview celebrities.

I could go on and on with examples about why she sucks. The View is going to lose more and more guests if they keep subjecting them to her rudeness.
Old 09-18-07, 02:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I am amazed the little twit has a job on television, much less is allowed to interview celebrities.
I'm pretty sure the powers that be aren't interested in having a conservative with a brain on the show. Sort of like "balancing" Hannity with Colmes.
Old 09-18-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She is like the female Alan Colmes.
Old 09-18-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But much more easier on the eyes than Colmes (will ever be).
Old 09-18-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rfduncan
The gays have to stick together! The Pink Mafia!
Old 09-18-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by adamblast
He and Rod Stewart should do an album of karaoke together.

this is where I draw the line! never group the big BM with that hack rod stewart!

Old 09-18-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Timber
Now if he goes and cries when conservatives don't buy his albums then we can talk about it but until then I'm not sure what the big deal is.
The dude is so rich he needn't worry if NO ONE buys his new album. I think the point is that a huge chunk of his target demographic for this album are women who watch this show. That he is willing to skip out on a chance to do a major plug for his album on the publicity from, he must dislike Hasselbeck plenty!

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Please don't tell me you had no idea that perennial bachelor and author of such songs as "Mandy", "I Write the Songs", "It's a Miracle", "American Bandstand" and "Copacabana" was "family".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.