Reload this Page >

Free Robert Devereaux book to your Inbox

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Old 09-13-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Have you guys heard of Robert Devereaux? I wanted to give him a little plug here. He published a fantastic horror novel about a decade ago called Deadweight (the best novel in the Dell Abyss line of horror novels). It's about an abusive zombie husband and his zombie dog, who rise from the grave to exact vengeance on the woman who killed them both. It is out there "splatterpunk."

He wrote another, more psychological horror novel called Walking Wounded. Back in '98, on the strength of Deadweight, I contacted him to see if he'd like to collaborate on a small press, and we came to an agreement over a very strange novel called Santa Steps Out , an erotic fairy tale involving Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny (see my signature, if you're interested). He's a truly fascinating writer, and I'm proud to call him my friend.

Anyway, I mention all that as background for his new project, a free novel delivered to your Inbox in installments, beginning Halloween. The book is called Deadolescence, and you can get more information at Robert's blog. I read an early version of the novel a long time ago--a lot of horror/fantasy fun. So, what the hell? Sign up and get a free book.

And see if you can seek out Deadweight--really a remarkable book.