DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Which TV is better

ElementZ
09-10-07, 02:03 PM
I am looking at these two tv's right now. Wondering what you guys think which is better/worse and why. Any experiences would be great. These are the same price

Toshiba 42" Widescreen LCD HDTV** (42HL57)

Panasonic Viera 42" Widescreen Plasma HDTV** (TH42PX75)

Brian Shannon
09-10-07, 02:08 PM
Well I cannot tell you which is better but I can tell you that I recently bought the Panasonic TH-42PX77U and love the tv. I am very pleased with the picture even on an older Direct TV box with an s-video cable. This Thursday I am upgrading to the new Direct TV HD DVR so I am really looking forward to seeing HD on this set. I have an older Sony progressive scan dvd player that looks excellent through a component connection.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=86750

FWIW, my COSTCO was selling these for $1199 and that was too good to pass up, at least for me.

JustinCleveland
09-21-07, 10:41 PM
That really is a case of apples and oranges. I work at Circuit City (I know most at this forum treat the place as a dirty word, but some of us know our stuff) and I have the 50-inch version of that Panasonic set and love it to death. I like the look on the Toshiba LCDs, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Panasonic performance. Granted the plasma is going to hold all the limitations of the format--possible image retention, glossy screen--but it also has the benefits--great performance on sports and action movies.

If the two were the same price I would go plasma every day.