Reload this Page >

Sams Has Wonder Woman and Such again for $13.48

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-10-07, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads up, the Wonder Woman Seasons, and Kung Fu (maybe a few others) are back at sams for $13.48/season.

The register rings them up as "fall tv blitz" i would assume this is possibly something bigger coming soon with luck.

The wonder woman season 3 set now comes with a bonus dvd for 1 episode of shazamm! (i wasnt sure if the old ones came with that?).

-b
Old 09-10-07, 02:28 PM

Thanks for posting.

What is Shazamm? I would guess it is something to do with Captain Marvel.
Old 09-10-07, 02:43 PM

It was the old tv show that played along side ISIS, i think its spelled Shazam! actually kinda tired today.

My sams already had Superman: Doomsday out with the lenticular cover (im not sure all stores have this), but when i tried to get it, they stopped me.

Guess i'll have to wait for the actual release date for that.

B
Old 09-11-07, 01:54 PM

I loved that Shazam! show when I was a kid, and reveled in its awfulness a few years back when I caught in on cable. I hope this means its release is imminent, that would be a must buy for me.

Perhaps I'll grab that WW S3 for the time being.
Old 09-11-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder Wonder Woman is any GOOD ?? I likes the comics but never see & heard anything the show (Action TV show).
Old 09-11-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
I wonder Wonder Woman is any GOOD ?? I likes the comics but never see & heard anything the show (Action TV show).
Here's a clue.
I watched an epsiode the other night and this is how it opened.

In a warehouse in LA, a scientist is verifying that a piece of anti-missle technology is what it appears to be for the purpose of a sale to a friendly nation. The vetting is being overseen by Diana Prince (Wonder Woman) in her capacity as a high level US security operative.
Standing by providing additional security are FBI officials as well as military soliders.
A gun shot goes off outside the warehouse, and every single person rushes out to see what it was leaving the device fully unattended so that it can be switched with a fake by a janitor going thru the warehouse emptyting garbage cans.

Almost every episode is written at that same level of sophistication.

I can't deny Lynda fills out the costume nicely- but it is a tough show to slog thru for 'fun'. I have some nostalgic affection for the show as I watched it as a kid and had a crush on Carter (like a lot of guys my age), and was happy to see Warner release the sets, - but watching the show now is almost painful at times. The first season is a bit better as it has the charm of being set in WWII, but it is still a very lightweight, more often than not, brain numbing enterprise.

The Secrets Of Isis which was another mid 70s live action superheroine show, is much, much better and can be had for about the same price from DDD. (Paul Mavis on this site provides an excellant review for it- worth the search).

Last edited by Paul_SD; 09-11-07 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-11-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched the whole Wonder Woman series it's great fun the whole way thru.