Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 9/09/07 to 9/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 07:55 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 679 Likes on 455 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 9/09/07 to 9/15/07

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Resident Evil pack movie cash
Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy - still have free Balls of Fury moviecash in DVD case when you buy 21 Grams, Hollywoodland, or Waist Deep
free Fantastic Four "lithograph" (fits inside DVD case) when you pre-order Rise of the Silver Surfer
bonus disc, movie cash, and concession cash with Resident Evil / Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2 Pack for $14.99
The Graduate: 40th Anniversary Edition bonus DVD Simon & Garfunkle – The Concert In Central Park
free UFC t-shirt with UFC: Liddell vs. Couture – The Trilogy
Free Sesame Street Plush toy when you buy any two Sesame Street DVDs
bonus tattoos with Avatar, The Last Airbender: The Complete Book 2
bonus DVD with Bones: Season 2
bonus DVD with Grey’s Anatomy: Season 3 – Seriously Extended also get the soundtrack CD for $6.99 when purchased with the season set
Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection with 5 TV movies is exclusive to BB (for a period of time I imagine, then will be available everywhere)

Target - nothing

Circuit City - cast picture mouse pad with The Office Season 3

Wal Mart - movie cash for Resident Evil Extinction when you buy one of several horror dualpacks for $13.72 - see this thread
music CD with Surf's Up
Great moments in college Football DVD w/ We Are Marshall

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - posters if you pre-order Death Proof and/or Planet Terror
free mug with pre-order of Sopranos (compete set?)

Borders - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco - nothing

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 09-20-07 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-09-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circuit City - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?
The Office Mouse pad (Cast Pictured) w/ Purchase of the Office: Season 3

Shows you how backwards Ccity is. An exclusive freebie a Week Later?
Old 09-10-07, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to warn everyone that the free lithograph with FF preorder is a joke. It is a plain peice of paper. It is NOT a lithograph. It IS going to be returned.
Old 09-10-07, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Just to warn everyone that the free lithograph with FF preorder is a joke. It is a plain peice of paper. It is NOT a lithograph. It IS going to be returned.
Same here. I updated post one to reflect size.

Also thanks to Shacmasta for CC update.
Old 09-11-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

saw the posters for death proof and planet terror, they are sweet!!! huge full size with sharpie like autographs (prints of course)

also the sleeve for the pair of films is awesome, cardstock with embossed movie artwork.

and finally, get a free mug w/sopranos reservation.

at twec
Old 09-11-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by db27
saw the posters for death proof and planet terror, they are sweet!!! huge full size with sharpie like autographs (prints of course)

also the sleeve for the pair of films is awesome, cardstock with embossed movie artwork.

and finally, get a free mug w/sopranos reservation.

at twec
i pre-ordered deathproof today and got the double-sized cardboard slipcover, but no poster. cashier said it will come with the dvd when released. that sound about right or did he just steal my poster?
Old 09-12-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
i pre-ordered deathproof today and got the double-sized cardboard slipcover, but no poster. cashier said it will come with the dvd when released. that sound about right or did he just steal my poster?
we got ours already, but we typically give them out upon release. but the slipcovers were wicked limited so we gave them out to make sure none were mishandled. we got like 40 posters of each though.
Old 09-12-07, 06:58 AM

Does anyone have pics of this slipcover? Do you need to put any money down to get it, or just your name?
Thanks
Old 09-12-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
Does anyone have pics of this slipcover? Do you need to put any money down to get it, or just your name?
Thanks
$5 deposit towards purchase of DeathProof and Planet Terror, some stores may require one or both depending on how many covers they got. No pics, but it's hella cool imo.
Old 09-12-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

also got posters for the Superman Doomsday release. I apologize for posting these early, but I'd probably forget if I didn't post as I see them.

TWEC
Old 09-12-07, 11:57 AM

also got posters for the Superman Doomsday release. I apologize for posting these early, but I'd probably forget if I didn't post as I see them.

TWEC

What store are these at?
Old 09-12-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by michaema
What store are these at?
TWEC stores, fye, coconuts, strawberries, etc....
Old 09-12-07, 12:38 PM

TWEC stores, fye, coconuts, strawberries, etc....
Awesome, I wasnt sure what TWEC was, before I posted I was trying to think of all the stores that had an acronym of TWEC. Thanks for filling me in.
Old 09-12-07, 01:16 PM

Twec?
Old 09-12-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rendle
Twec?
Trans World Entertainment Corp.
Old 09-12-07, 05:12 PM

$5 deposit towards purchase of DeathProof and Planet Terror, some stores may require one or both depending on how many covers they got. No pics, but it's hella cool imo.
Do you mind explaining what is on the slipcover? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to choose between this and the steelbooks...is it the DVD art for DEATH PROOF on one side and PLANET TERROR on the other? Is it the original DOUBLE FEATURE poster art? or something entirely new?
Old 09-12-07, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by michaema
Awesome, I wasnt sure what TWEC was, before I posted I was trying to think of all the stores that had an acronym of TWEC. Thanks for filling me in.
I show them in the list every week as well.
Old 09-12-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rhcp1214
Do you mind explaining what is on the slipcover? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to choose between this and the steelbooks...is it the DVD art for DEATH PROOF on one side and PLANET TERROR on the other? Is it the original DOUBLE FEATURE poster art? or something entirely new?
I will provide a scan of both sides tomorrow night, after work around 10EST? It will be better than trying to explain it.
Old 09-13-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

we got ours already, but we typically give them out upon release. but the slipcovers were wicked limited so we gave them out to make sure none were mishandled. we got like 40 posters of each though.
40 posters? only 40?!

please advise me on the best possible way to ensure i get mine as i expect these will not be oos-proof.

Last edited by hindolio; 09-13-07 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-13-07, 03:57 AM

quick question for clarification: is there ONE poster, with one movie on each side? or are there TWO double-sided posters? i was a bit confused by the wording db, but i guess i'll wait until you post pics. also, when i pre-order both movies, i get BOTH the slipcover and the poster(s), right?

i just wanna make sure when i pre-order that i get everything that comes with it. thanks in advance for the info!
Old 09-13-07, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
quick question for clarification: is there ONE poster, with one movie on each side? or are there TWO double-sided posters? i was a bit confused by the wording db, but i guess i'll wait until you post pics. also, when i pre-order both movies, i get BOTH the slipcover and the poster(s), right?

i just wanna make sure when i pre-order that i get everything that comes with it. thanks in advance for the info!
two different posters. I'll also see if I could get pix of those tonight as well.

db

edit: beat to the punch, someone posted pix of the sleeve in this thread.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....89#post8141089

Last edited by db27; 09-13-07 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-13-07, 05:28 PM

I just came back from FYE and got the poster but was told that they did not have the slipcovers and that I would receive it when I came to pick up the DVD.
Is that normal?
Old 09-13-07, 06:25 PM

This is probably posted elsewere but next week Best Buy will have

Exclusive football towel with We Are Marshall
Photo Book with Smallville season 6 (Regular DVD only)
Death Proof steelbook
Superman Doomsday has an exclusive comic
WallStreet has a business card holder

There are a couple more I can't remember!

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 09-13-07 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-13-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Macfly77
I just came back from FYE and got the poster but was told that they did not have the slipcovers and that I would receive it when I came to pick up the DVD.
Is that normal?

sure, some stores give them out day of, others prior to the release. day of is best to make sure people actually buy the dvd.
Old 09-13-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i have pix of the posters, just need to upload them. will get to that asap.

also, Transformers Steelbook Exclusives at TWEC stores up for preorder at this point. 2 versions, one Autobot and one Decepticon same contents (2 disc SE)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.