Reload this Page >

Grey's Anatomy Exclusives or best price

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-07-07, 08:57 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give a heads up on the best exclusive or price on Season 3. I read PM ad with the 5 bucks off soundtrack. So I guess BESTBUY is the best place so far huh? But in terms of price?
Old 09-07-07, 11:16 AM

I saw Circuit City will have it for $34.99, with a 'buy a iTunes gift card, get $10 off' promotion.

I have someone I need to buy an iTunes GC for, so this looks good to me.
Old 09-07-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't go to Circuit City.

Best Buy has the bonus disc, this time around. Take the Circuit City ad to Best Buy, and match the CC price of $34.99, and get the bonus disc.

Avoid Circuit City at all costs!
Old 09-07-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Don't go to Circuit City.

Best Buy has the bonus disc, this time around. Take the Circuit City ad to Best Buy, and match the CC price of $34.99, and get the bonus disc.

Avoid Circuit City at all costs!

You know I totally forgot Best Buy prices matches... will we still get $5 off the soundtrack if one pricesmatches though?
Old 09-07-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Thank you MadonnasManOne. I forgot about that too.
Old 09-07-07, 07:41 PM

Me too! Thanks for the reminder.

Any idea what's on the bonus disc?
Old 09-07-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're welcome, all of you.

I have no idea what's on the bonus disc. I'm as curious to know as the rest of you. I can't wait until Tuesday to pick up this set. I'm still working my way through Desperate Housewives: The Complete Third Season, and I'm really enjoying it.
Old 09-07-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Seasons Twos came with the Museum of Television and Radio panel discussion as well as extra deleted scenes - but that was from target if memory serves... knowing best buy I would guess many some combination of deleted scenes, random interviews, or the re-cap specials that air a couple times a season...
Old 09-08-07, 12:13 AM

FYI. If you have a Fry's in your area they have it listed for $33.99. Cancelled my Amazon order and I'm going to try to take advantage of the BB with bonus disc.
Old 09-09-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

season 3 sucks so any price is too much. season 2 was the crest of this show.
Old 09-10-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered from BN.com for $29.xx using the Paypal $10 off, combined with a 10% off code. With all the TV on DVD that's been released over the past few weeks, the lowest possible price is more incentive than a bonus disc.
Old 09-12-07, 12:02 AM
Cool New Member

What's on the bonus disc??

So what's on the bonus disc? And will BB honor the $34.99 price AND the $10 off when you buy an itunes gift card deal from CC? I'm sure they will honor the price, it's the $10 off that is questionable.

PS the best price I have been able to find is at fye.com. $39.99 less $10 rebate, and 10% off when you use code "welcomeccten" (which is still valid). But FYE rebates are a pain.
Old 09-12-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MisterBill2
So what's on the bonus disc? And will BB honor the $34.99 price AND the $10 off when you buy an itunes gift card deal from CC? I'm sure they will honor the price, it's the $10 off that is questionable.
The bonus disc is called:

Sounds Of Seattle: Explore The Music That Makes The Show, which runs 10 minutes and 17 seconds.

It also contains 4 minutes and 23 seconds of deleted scenes, that run together, with no commentary explaining why they were excised.

They will price match the Circuit City price of $34.99, as that is what I did. However, I can't vouch for the $10 off when you buy an iTunes Gift Card, because, I didn't try to buy one, nor did I ask.

That's all I can tell you.
Old 09-12-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alright, I just finished watching the music featurette, and it's very cool. Even though it's only 10 minutes and 17 seconds, it's still a cool thing to have. Series Creator/Executive Producer, Shonda Rhimes, along with other Producers/Writers, talk about using music as a character in the show, and how they go about choosing the songs. This is shown along with clips from the season, with several songs featured. I'm glad to have this Bonus Disc to go along with the other bonus features.
Old 09-12-07, 10:24 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info. I guess we will go to BB and try to get them to PM the $34.99 and $10 off and see how it goes. If they won't do it, we will just buy from CC.
Old 09-13-07, 04:53 PM

FYI, went into CC to purchase this and a $15 iTunes card. Showed up as $51 and some change. I told him about the deal going on and he said that there was no deal of that nature. I opened up the flyer showed him on the page and he said, "no, you have to buy two cards, that's what the two in the parenthesis is for". Rather than fight with him that the (2) stands for the (2) at the bottom of the ad, I said, nevermind, I don't want the iTunes card then. So, he said, "can you put this back where you found it then?" He actually wanted me to walk halfway across the store to put it back.

That's all another story, I suppose, but I just wanted to let you all know that they may not honor this "deal" at CC. I'm curious to find out if anyone has gotten this to work at CC (or anywher else for that matter).
Old 09-13-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant
FYI, went into CC to purchase this and a $15 iTunes card. Showed up as $51 and some change. I told him about the deal going on and he said that there was no deal of that nature. I opened up the flyer showed him on the page and he said, "no, you have to buy two cards, that's what the two in the parenthesis is for". Rather than fight with him that the (2) stands for the (2) at the bottom of the ad, I said, nevermind, I don't want the iTunes card then. So, he said, "can you put this back where you found it then?" He actually wanted me to walk halfway across the store to put it back.

That's all another story, I suppose, but I just wanted to let you all know that they may not honor this "deal" at CC. I'm curious to find out if anyone has gotten this to work at CC (or anywher else for that matter).
Why does this not surprise me? It's amazing to me that people even bother with Circuit City, anymore.

Thanks for posting this so others may be warned.