Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan: The Complete Second Season'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan: The Complete Second Season'

Old 09-06-07, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Aaron Beierle's DVD review of Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan: The Complete Second Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30230 and...

If you are watching this show solely to enjoy watching a talented man and his crew working to change behavior of problem dogs, then I agree completely with this evaluation.

If you are needing to change dog behaviors, work with rescued or abandoned dogs because of their problem behaviors, then these ratings are too low!

The DW production recognizes the many and unique enviromental contributing factors in combination with the unique histories of the dogs being portrayed. Watching the many solutions offered for the same type of problems such as charging the door, walking the dog, jumping, barking, hyperactivity... helps the viewers understand and put toether their own approaches to reducing or eliminating undesired behaviors in their own problem dog situations!

Unlike so many traditional training approaches, the DW use of dog psychology behavior modification brings additional solutions both for multi-dog households (and conditions) as well as for unique owner challenges (new baby, wheelchair-bound, health impaired, apartment conditions...)

When I saved a red-zone dog using Cesar Millan's techniques, safely and effectively from animal control's intended destruction. His successful techniques so impressed me that I went on to take on an yahoo email list studying his techniques that now is over 2300 members (another 10,000 come solved their problems and gone) and successfully rehabbed 11 rescue problem dogs (so far)!

Thank you for your thoughtful review! I am sure many people will be encouraged to not only become aware of how problem dogs are created in the first place, but to find solutions they can safely and effectively try when their own problems occur using the techniques in this DVD.