Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Desperate Housewives S3 CC Exclusive Disc

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desperate Housewives S3 CC Exclusive Disc

I know we are all against CC... but I thought for anyone that was "desperate" to know if there was a Desperate Housewives Bonus disc there is one.. Unforunately it's at Circuit City. It's called "Desperately Dangerous: Visit With The Villians of Wisteria Lane." And oddly enough CC does have this set for $36.99 which is a dollar cheaper than everyone else. So I guess it's up to you DH fans to decide if you can live without the bonus disc or not. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Old 09-02-07, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not against CC, not to the point that I'll pay more for less elsewhere...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Rob
Old 09-02-07, 11:31 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
If anybody gets this please let us know what exactly is on it. It sounds like one of those worthless fluff pieces that is just scenes from the show spliced together.
Old 09-02-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Still not enough to get me to purchase this release week... I'll eventually get around to picking it up, but probably not until I can find it for $25 during black friday or costco's sale this time next year...
Old 09-02-07, 01:06 PM
Banned

A bit off topic, Does anyone know id season 1 or season 2 came anywhere with exclusive discs ?
Old 09-02-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joegrjoe
A bit off topic, Does anyone know id season 1 or season 2 came anywhere with exclusive discs ?
I believe they both had an exclusive disc that contained the recap show that they run somewhere in the season (Lost does the same). I am pretty sure Target had it for season 1, but I am not sure where it was for season 2 (it might have been Wal-Mart).
Old 09-02-07, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Dave
I believe they both had an exclusive disc that contained the recap show that they run somewhere in the season (Lost does the same). I am pretty sure Target had it for season 1, but I am not sure where it was for season 2 (it might have been Wal-Mart).

anyone know how to get ahold of them ?
Old 09-02-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
anyone know how to get ahold of them ?
You use your thumb and index finger and gently grab the disc if it is in a protective sleeve. If it is not then be sure to keep your fingers on the edge of the disc. Make sure not to touch the data side of the disc.

I think Ebay is the best place for you to possible get "ahold" of these bonus discs.
Old 09-02-07, 02:05 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Both did. We have them all tracked in the definitive thread below.
Old 09-02-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I read that Circuit City would have the bonus disc at CAG. Doesn't matter. I wouldn't step foot into Circuit City if they were giving away the set for free. I can live without the bonus disc. If it were anywhere else, I'd be all over the bonus disc, but, because it's Circuit City, I could care less.

I'll be buying mine at Best Buy. I will proudly take the Circuit City ad into Best Buy, and have them price match it to $36.99. Yes, it only saves me one dollar, but, it's $36.99 that Circuit City won't be getting from me!
Old 09-02-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, God no!!!

Do I support Speedy or go into Hell's Harem that one time?
Old 09-02-07, 11:47 PM

^ this seems like it will be a rather bare bonus disc, maybe a little 15-min EPK type of featurette.

the previous DH bonus discs actually had the clips show episodes in addition to deleted scenes, interviews, etc. at least the s2 one at wal-mart did. i know the target one had the full clips show catch-up, but i dunno about the extra stuff. i might have to stop in at CC just to check out exactly what's on the disc, but if it's really just that one featurette, i'll probably just price match at BB and lose out on the extra disc.
Old 09-05-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
^ this seems like it will be a rather bare bonus disc, maybe a little 15-min EPK type of featurette.
Bingo! Clips from Season 3, interspersed with comments by Marc Cherry and the cast. I enjoyed it, but it's not really worth going out of your way for.

Rob
Old 09-05-07, 01:01 AM

dude... my CC charged me $49.99 for my DH3 set... wtf...
Old 09-05-07, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I got mine, I saw that the sign on the shelf said $49.99, so I brought the ad with me to the register. It rang up at $49.99, but it turns out I didn't need the ad, as the guy who rang it up knew it was supposed to be on sale.

Rob
Old 09-06-07, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I slipped and bought it at CC. Their computers tried to pull the 50 dollar crap, too, but the salesgirl (at an actual register!!!) knew the price.
Old 09-06-07, 01:34 PM

as always... Circuit City blows... If it weren't for the bonus DH disc and the fact that I had a $10 gift card to burn (had it since Christmas!) I wouldn't have shopped there... Mine also had the set advertised for $49.99. Then when I got in line, they only had 1 register open and the line NEVER moved. It started to pile up and finally after about 15 minutes they opened another register... In that 15 minute period workers just walked by starring, talking amongst themselves as if nothing were wrong... Then when I finally get up to the register it scans for $49.99 and the girl doesn't believe me when I tell her it should be $36.99. She has to track down the CC ad and takes forever to find it....Then, get this, when she finally does see the price clearly marked in the ad, she starts scanning every inch of the ad and my dvd box....As if it were a different edition or something?? I mean the thing was released on that exact date and looked EXACTLY the same in the ad and she still didnt wanna give it to me for that price....(these people just hate it when you save $).....After taking even longer she finally gave it to me for $36.99...I really hate that store... I hope the bonus disc was worth all that...somehow I doubt it... Atleast I got the set for $26.99 and finally got my excuse to go and use that gift card that was collecting dust in my wallet... Unless another bonus disc I want comes out... CC I WILL NEVER SHOP WITH U AGAIN

Edit- I just have to add I think it's so wrong for them to have a sale price in the ad and then not have it ring up for that price... I mean people who don't look at the receipts or know what they're doing will fall for their trap! Way to take advantage again CC... Best Buy may have rude sales people but atleast they aren't slow with their lines and have the sale prices in the computer correctly!

Last edited by TM63975; 09-06-07 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-06-07, 02:14 PM

I too bought it at CC for the bonus dvd... mine also rang up for $49.99 and my clerk also looked over the ad & dvd very closely thinking it was something different... finally he had to call over a manager to over-ride the price because the "amount was so substantially different than the amount it rang up for"...

watched the bonus dvd last night - 14 minutes - some of it interesting...